• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brave New World- thoughts

Also, I’m not sure if Walker is just thick or really can’t remember, but if Poch has played Trippier in one game, it was because he rotates his full backs. If Poch started playing Trippier in the big games, it was because Walker came to him before the end of the season and told him his head wasn’t in it anymore. What is so difficult to understand about that?

With Man U and Real still hovering I doubt he fall for the sales pitch again, sadly.
Let’s hope I’m wrong.

Couple of top posts in here - what’s interesting to me regarding the sell to buy issue is if Poch wanted Rose Toby and Moussa out so badly, I admire his ability to pick them for football reasons and their ability to remain professional when on the pitch. Especially as it has been at the expense of dependable Ben Davies and record signing Sanchez. Judging by their treatment I think it’s Janssen and Llorente that he would definitely want rid of and I think both would have turned down moves in the summer. GNK I think he clearly doesn’t rate either. It would be very frustrating to end up with a Gomes and Bentley situation, where it seemed that neither where bothered enough about playing football to take a pay cut and / or Levy was too bothered about their book value to take a ‘hit’ on their transfer fee.

Couple of top posts in here - what’s interesting to me regarding the sell to buy issue is if Poch wanted Rose Toby and Moussa out so badly, I admire his ability to pick them for football reasons and their ability to remain professional when on the pitch. Especially as it has been at the expense of dependable Ben Davies and record signing Sanchez. Judging by their treatment I think it’s Janssen and Llorente that he would definitely want rid of and I think both would have turned down moves in the summer. GNK I think he clearly doesn’t rate either. It would be very frustrating to end up with a Gomes and Bentley situation, where it seemed that neither where bothered enough about playing football to take a pay cut and / or Levy was too bothered about their book value to take a ‘hit’ on their transfer fee.

I think he was smart enough to take stock of the situation and think, if Rose for example was still here, he needed to make him feel a part of the team. He gave them a speech saying everyone started from zero, and he needed to act on it. It’s good leadership for sure.

I think he was smart enough to take stock of the situation and think, if Rose for example was still here, he needed to make him feel a part of the team. He gave them a speech saying everyone started from zero, and he needed to act on it. It’s good leadership for sure.
I think you make a good point earlier about Poch keeping his cards closer to his Chest, not from Levy though, just from the general public and maggot press.

And he's found himself backed into a corner with Moose Toby and Rose, as the current squad minus those three because he'd cut them off would be a mini disaster, so the clean slate talk is completely fot his own benefit and serves its purpose fot the time being.

Hmm, why would Poch say that these words are OK. He MUST have sanctioned that wording. Pretty hard words, Levy will have both eyebrows raised, assuming he has eyebrows. Hopefully the players are too docile to react angrily.

It is weird, and the timing is even weirder. Poch is only human, I suppose, but brick stirring like this, for fudges sake. You'd think having the fudging book written was enough, now another round of this. Unprofessional flimflam. I can understand poch feeling let down, but ffs, this brick affects the whole club and its fans, you know the media won't let this brick rest now. I love you, Poch, but you're a stupid selfish clam to let ball bag release this brick now.

Last edited:
It's obvious (yes obvious ) what has happened here. (the report above is trying to create the bombshell, the story doesn't provide one)

Poch clearly at the back end of last season was a bit frustrated. Frustrated we'd come up short again and frustrated that any blame for that was aimed at him.
He clearly thought (because we could all see it on the pitch) that we were good, often very good BUT not quite good enough and with the personnel we had he'd maxed out with us, hit a ceiling.

Cue the 'crazy' 'brave' comments. Cue meeting with Levy.

Lets not get silly, Levy and Poch get on. They get on because Poch and Levy are open and honest with each other, no game playing goes on.

Poch wants to do some serious surgery on the squad (of course he does, its at his limit with it). He wants rid of Toby, Rose, Dembele, Llorente, GNK, Jansen and maybe Sissoko and Victor. Thta's major, and Levy from a football perspective could quite easily think...Tobys decent, so is Danny and did you see some of Dembele performances last season BUT Levy knows Poch is the coach, and given his record has free reign to proceed.

From Levy's side he is thinking of money, the stadium, balancing a monumental infrastructure project with an emerging team.

I 400% think the deal was.....that Poch could have 400% of any sales we made and Levy would commit eg £20m towards keeping our best players via improved contracts. Out going sales could easily total £150-£200m, quite a war chest.

Now, selling (and buying) players is not like dumping your shares ie a press of a button. It's more like buying and selling houses ie plenty of pr.icks involved. Over valuing, low balling and a bunch of clamish agents.

On paper the plan looks good, and both men were signed up to it.

Now the only time this falls down is if the honesty and trust the two men have for each other has been breached. If Poch can see everything that has gone on and is good with it, then there is nothing to see here. He may agree with Levy when players we want are overvalued, he may want Dembele to go to Inter, Dembele says no, what can he do. The unwanted are all sitting in the shop window but no-one comes in and the phone don't ring. Deals are harder to do because of this crazy market.

If it was like shares, we'd of sold out like fantasy football and known the price of all our targets and life would be easy. It's anything but that. But some fans think otherwise. I have said before it was not a choice to sign no-one, and i believe if the plan had been executed we would be in better shape now. Not that we haven't got a great set of players, just that Poch obviously meant something at the end of last season and another groundhog day season really could harm the belief, drive and momentum and not just the players but the manager himself, even if it's neither his or Levy's fault.

Hopefully January will be a window more suited and with more oppurtunities for us.COYS

Great analysis. Its the timing though. As @Bullet points out, why did Poch sanction ballbag to release this brick now? He's practically Poch's ghostwriter.

The bit I don’t get is why Toby, Rose & Dembele were the players he most needed to off! (Ok, Rose I know - but Poch is meant to be a father to him, and the lad had depression)

Surely a squad with Sissoko, Jansen, Lorente, GKN, has other priorities to move on?

The three above are clearly three of the best players we have had in recent times.

Makes me wonder what was going on behind the scenes with them...

The bit I don’t get is why Toby, Rose & Dembele were the players he most needed to off! (Ok, Rose I know - but Poch is meant to be a father to him, and the lad had depression)

Surely a squad with Sissoko, Jansen, Lorente, GKN, has other priorities to move on?

The three above are clearly three of the best players we have had in recent times.

Toby, Rose & Dembele are still able to do a job. The rest not sure why they are still here. Other than maybe no club will pay thier wage demands, so we cannot even get shot on a free!
Always more questions than answers. I horrible suspicion we might not like some of the answers.

To be fair to Poch and his amanuensis, there's nothing more than speculation about exactly which players he meant.

Dembele and Alderweireld's contracts are running out and it looks like their demands makes extensions somewhat unlikely.

Anyone paying attention should not be surprised.
Poch has stated he wants to win the the league or CL.
He has backed this team to do it, they've failed and don't look up to doing it.
Time to move some of them on and try again.
If we don't improve this season the cull will be deeper, poch can be ruthless when he needs to be.

Anyone paying attention should not be surprised.
Poch has stated he wants to win the the league or CL.
He has backed this team to do it, they've failed and don't look up to doing it.
Time to move some of them on and try again.
If we don't improve this season the cull will be deeper, poch can be ruthless when he needs to be.

It might easily be Poch that is culled (or walks himself) when Levy admits he actually doesn't fancy acting like a Chairman that wants to aim to win the league or CL...

I don't think you have to be like Sheikh to try and push on...did not wanting to be like Sheikh mean we had to buy absolutely no-one in the summer?
No you’re right, we could have bought Grealish for £40m.

I’d say a brand new state of the art training ground and stadium is a pretty good measure of “pushing on”, whilst remaining in the Champs League is also fantastic.

It comes down to if you want us to be bank rolled or not really. I’d rather not personally, but it’s each to their own individual choice on that.

No you’re right, we could have bought Grealish for £40m.

I’d say a brand new state of the art training ground and stadium is a pretty good measure of “pushing on”, whilst remaining in the Champs League is also fantastic.

It comes down to if you want us to be bank rolled or not really. I’d rather not personally, but it’s each to their own individual choice on that.

That's all well and good, but the excuses for Levy/ENIC keep getting rolled out more than they do for any of our managers:

- "we couldn't compete because we are not in the CL and the top players want to be in the CL"
- "We have to wait until the end of the window to buy players because we have to wait for the bigger teams to make their moves first so they don't gazump us"
- "we are not as attractive to players compared to our neighbours Chelski and Arsenal who always have CL" etc etc

Sometime you have to strike whilst the iron is hot, or at least freshen up the squad to at least not go backwards. How ironic will it be after putting out all those posters about "being the only place in London where you can watch CL football" when we actually are playing EL when the ground does actually open?

It's not very often that both Chelski AND Arsenal are both out of the CL and leave us a much clearer run to go for targets...oh well..

Back