• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

fudging sabotage......is it not the height of childish nonsense to put a club rivalry over your actual job?

Also...why the heck would someone sabotage the Jubilee Line? Who does that...?

How do you know it was club rivalry? It could just be a tinkled off contractor. The conversation under the tweet about the damage to the cables talk about similar happening on Crossrail and other big builds.

If i was working at Arsenal/Chelsea stadium id be sabotaging it tbf

No one could hate either club more then me. But I always liked earning money and had to much self respect to damage or harm my reputation either when I was a labourer or when I ran my locksmith business. If your the sort of person to want to do that, then have the balls and be a man and just kick your way into the building and destroy it, fine I could get on board with that.

But someone pays you to do a job, then do a job, I have never stolen off anyone or got a free ride in life, sure I was never a doctor or anything important but I went as far as my own skills set would take me but I always had the self respect coming from that fact that when I went home at the end of the day I knew I did the best job I was capable of.

Easy to say that now. Hindsight is 20-20 vision and all that.

Should you plan for sabotage? Same risk of similar happening after two years in my book.

I just mean it’s better that Levy was adventurous, pushed the envelope, and we’re only a few months at Wembley as a temp measure. If you’d gone to the FA asking for a split season they’d have said you can’t do it.

No doubt the electrics were a big issue. I seriously doubt whether someone sabotaging it was the sole reason for the couple of months delay. It would be miraculous for a project of this size to be delivered on time.

Haven’t looked recently but is all the glass in? Not sure you could have punters in the concourse in those open unfinished areas even if you condoned off the open drop.

From that article it seems like a client would look round site and see lots of corners being cut. Lots of little things not right. And see the big issue with the electrics and some tampering. Then make the logical decision to push the opening back and address without the massive wage tab. Get things sorted without the manic rush which was causing more problems - too many people on site and no time to organise.

Just my opinion @Gazza Dazzla

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
I just mean it’s better that Levy was adventurous, pushed the envelope, and we’re only a few months at Wembley as a temp measure. If you’d gone to the FA asking for a split season they’d have said you can’t do it.

No doubt the electrics were a big issue. I seriously doubt whether someone sabotaging it was the sole reason for the couple of months delay. It would be miraculous for a project of this size to be delivered on time.

Haven’t looked recently but is all the glass in? Not sure you could have punters in the concourse in those open unfinished areas even if you condoned off the open drop.

From that article it seems like a client would look round site and see lots of corners being cut. Lots of little things not right. And see the big issue with the electrics and some tampering. Then make the logical decision to push the opening back and address without the massive wage tab. Get things sorted without the manic rush which was causing more problems - too many people on site and no time to organise.

Just my opinion @Gazza Dazzla

Not denying it was a risk that has backfired. Just asking what would have prevented it from happening after two seasons away? Sabotage by it's nature will seek to disrupt any timetable.

Not denying it was a risk that has backfired. Just asking what would have prevented it from happening after two seasons away? Sabotage by it's nature will seek to disrupt any timetable.

Edit, meant to say, the evidence that sabotage was the main problem appears now to be widely accepted. It was the electrics that were most critical to the safety test. You cite all kinds of other potential causes but these have been shown to be either irrelevant or relatively insignificant.

The expectation was that other problem areas that still needed sorting were on schedule to be completed in time whilst other outstanding tasks were not critical to the opening of the stadium.

No one could hate either club more then me. But I always liked earning money and had to much self respect to damage or harm my reputation either when I was a labourer or when I ran my locksmith business. If your the sort of person to want to do that, then have the balls and be a man and just kick your way into the building and destroy it, fine I could get on board with that.

But someone pays you to do a job, then do a job, I have never stolen off anyone or got a free ride in life, sure I was never a doctor or anything important but I went as far as my own skills set would take me but I always had the self respect coming from that fact that when I went home at the end of the day I knew I did the best job I was capable of.
Ade ...........is that you?

No it was genius. Doing it this way means we don’t have to spend a whole other season at Wembley. A risk that has paid off.

Confess I'm now confused! You said earlier -
If Levy and Spurs were realistic, we’d have stayed in Wembley for 2 years.

Took it you were saying that's what he SHOULD have done in the first place. Guess you were actually trying to say is that to do that would have been a mistake?

Confess I'm now confused! You said earlier -
Took it you were saying that's what he SHOULD have done in the first place. Guess you were actually trying to say is that to do that would have been a mistake?

Simple, if Levy had be cautious and guesstimated a 14 to 20 month build, and asked the FA for half a second season at Wembley, they’d have said no, our rules say you can’t split a season between grounds.

So he was bullish and ambitious, reached for the stars and ok they missed the stadium completion deadline by a month or so, but it’s a whole lot better than a second whole season at Wembley.

Back