• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham versus Brighton

Didn’t realise BT Sport interviewed players in the studio straight after the game - Glen Murray coming across well, I’d suggest signing him as cover but wouldn’t want to break another striker!

Then players I’d like and I’ve been really impressed with is Danny Ings

A good result, to win there isn't easy. Got away with it I think, until Lamela came on, we were sleep-walking our way to a draw. They could/should have made it 1-1, they didn't and we went 2-0. From there it was easy until the team lost discipline the last few minutes, making it 2-1 and even giving them another shot at goal for a potential 2-2.

It was a better performance in spells. The main positive for me is that Harry got away more shots today, his passing was generally better and he looked a bit more like his old self. Eriksen was sh1t again, when he comes back to form then we will start motoring imo. Gonna be a bit of a struggle until then if we keep playing him and he keeps playing at his current level.

Poch got his subs right tonight
Poch got the system right and we didn’t change it mid game for the first time this season
The players looked so much more comfortable

What are BT on about trying to make the Dier incident out to be a pen? I’ve seen it about 10 times now and every time I see Dier barged over in to Murray. What planet is that a pen?

Great answer by Old Saggy Chops about Martial potentially going to us.

“He can’t get in the United team can he? Is he that good?”

Personally I don’t agree with him but it was a great answer.

For me that was our best game this season

We controlled the ball and passed so much better than we have of late

Kane hit the target several times
Only difference between today and the Watford game for me was that Watford took their chances. Controlled both games without creating much. Spells where they took over and created real chances and we couldn't cope. Brighton luckily didn't take their chances.

Deserved win, as it would have been against Watford had we won. But not by much, not by enough to be really happy with the performance.
To be fair to Rose he is running back full pelt. We have to look at the defensive midfielders too who should be covering the marauding fullbacks. Something we used to do well. Instead everyone was too high up the pitch.
I can only assume Rose himself would disagree with you. If Rose thinks that with minutes left being 2-0 up and us already counter attacking in numbers his role is that of the marauding full back Pochettino needs to make some basic things very clear. Gong by his interview after the game he will.

Poch got his subs right tonight
Poch got the system right and we didn’t change it mid game for the first time this season
The players looked so much more comfortable
First half Brighton pretty much stood off our defenders as well as Dier and Dembele. So we looked comfortable, though not very threatening. When they changed it up in the second half after going behind we didn't look comfortable at all. When they started tiring and Lamela scored we looked more comfortable again. Still we managed to make it nervous at the end.

Long way to go. But I'm sure Pochettino and the lads will find form again.

First half Brighton pretty much stood off our defenders as well as Dier and Dembele. So we looked comfortable, though not very threatening. When they changed it up in the second half after going behind we didn't look comfortable at all. When they started tiring and Lamela scored we looked more comfortable again. Still we managed to make it nervous at the end.

Long way to go. But I'm sure Pochettino and the lads will find form again.

They were also gonna have a decent spell if they went behind as they would actually have to attack
In that time they had the one shot of note
Poch brought in fresh legs and it won us the game
I was critical of his subs mid week and they cost us the game IMO but today he got it right

I can only assume Rose himself would disagree with you. If Rose thinks that with minutes left being 2-0 up and us already counter attacking in numbers his role is that of the marauding full back Pochettino needs to make some basic things very clear. Gong by his interview after the game he will.

Not saying that Rose didn't make a mistake being so high up the pitch, but just that the midfielders also need to be alive when the full backs are out of position. That was how we defended 2 seasons before. I thought Rose played well other than that. Also good that he recognises his mistake and wants to improve.

Calm down, he scored a penalty and missed one easy opportunity through on goal and two others that an on form Kane would have probably buried. Like another poster said at least he was shooting, and hopefully the start of one of his goalscoring runs but let’s not build up that performance to be something it’s not....
I'm very calm thanks very much. Do us a favour and find someone else to patronise.

They were also gonna have a decent spell if they went behind as they would actually have to attack
In that time they had the one shot of note
Poch brought in fresh legs and it won usbthe game
For me we've been much more comfortable in those situations in recent seasons when on form. Not quite night and day difference, but a significant one.

I'm breaking it out...

footloose.gif

Never in doubt.

Not saying that Rose didn't make a mistake being so high up the pitch, but just that the midfielders also need to be alive when the full backs are out of position. That was how we defended 2 seasons before. I thought Rose played well other than that. Also good that he recognises his mistake and wants to improve.
In general, yes. In general we are quite good at that. Dier and Dembele are very disciplined. In that particular instance, no way it's the responsibility of the midfielders.
For me we always struggle when pressed
We have to have a change of tact when I’m happens
Gazaniga kicking long helped
We do, unless Winks plays deep in midfield (and is on form). But even though we struggle to play through pressure we have looked more solid defensively in terms of conceding chances than we have so far this season. That needs sorting out, because it was really nice to be confident two goals ahead, and even reasonably confident being one goal ahead.

With our current form I really thought the Lamela goal was massive at the time. Had we been on form it would have been a lot less likely to be important.

I’d imagine Danny will be getting his man of the match award shoved up his arse by Poch. He was fuming over their goal. Called it “embarrassing”.

Ben Davies should play as many games as he possibly can. Rose can't be relied on like he used to be, Davies has surpassed him once and for all in my mind.

Kane should have buried the chance for 3.0 at the end. Then we’d have had 11 men behind the ball, as Brighton took a kick off with about 60 seconds left

We do, unless Winks plays deep in midfield (and is on form). But even though we struggle to play through pressure we have looked more solid defensively in terms of conceding chances than we have so far this season. That needs sorting out, because it was really nice to be confident two goals ahead, and even reasonably confident being one goal ahead.

With our current form I really thought the Lamela goal was massive at the time. Had we been on form it would have been a lot less likely to be important.

I agree, we miss a fit Harry Winks in the midfield 2.

Back