• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham versus Brighton

They're pretty good stats for someone who apparently can't stop giving the ball away and is too slow to get on it.
But he doesn’t control the game and when he does give the ball away he doesn’t recover quickly enough. We need him to be better defensively. Personally I would replace him with Harry Winks, who I think moves the ball better and generally makes fewer mistakes.

Need to work on closing games out, not sure if it’s nerves or player fatigue / still recovering from long lay offs.

Kane got into Kane positions once Moura came off / Alli came on - it’s been so long he’s forgotten how to finish! But he was moving better and the pen will take some pressure of him.

The goal from a ‘corner’ had lots to admire - great finish from Lamela.

A lot of players are only at 75% for various reasons - they will all get back to 100% as the season progresses, so being 2 points above United who I think will be our main rivals for fourth bodes well. It’s their week to be in ‘crisis’...

I’d imagine Danny will be getting his man of the match award shoved up his arse by Poch. He was fuming over their goal. Called it “embarrassing”.

They're pretty good stats for someone who apparently can't stop giving the ball away and is too slow to get on it.
He has been poor in that respect and Merson made a good point about him (like it or not:D) that when he first came on the scene he was passing quickly and forwards whereas of late he has been taking three, four touches and then not really going anywhere with his passing. Today was better, he was positive and quicker in distribution so hopefully he’s recognised this and will maintain going forwards. I just pray he stops those hospital passes to our CBS/GK that gives a chance to the opposition....

I agree mate regarding the long passes. It’s the best part of his game. But for me he makes too many poor decisions defensively which is why I wouldn’t trust him as a centre back. That said he played very well there against Madrid last year when Alderweireld went off.

It’s because we play a high risk game and we get pressed more and more now as we’re a top team

It annoys me when he gives simple passes away like it does for every player

Last week vs pool Toby gave 4 cross field passes away and was woeful with the ball

Dier did it twice and yet he was the one singled out

He has been poor in that respect and Merson made a good point about him (like it or not:D) that when he first came on the scene he was passing quickly and forwards whereas of late he has been taking three, four touches and then not really going anywhere with his passing. Today was better, he was positive and quicker in distribution so hopefully he’s recognised this and will maintain going forwards. I just pray he stops those hospital passes to our CBS/GK that gives a chance to the opposition....

Today though be played in the right position in a system that suits him

When he first came on the scene he was playing RB, completely different circumstances.

Have to say that playing 4-2-3-1 sorts out our balance but the midfield have to get help from the 3 in front when we’re getting pressed

It’s because we play a high risk game and we get pressed more and more now as we’re a top team

It annoys me when he gives simple passes away like it does for every player

Last week vs pool Toby gave 4 cross field passes away and was woeful with the ball

Dier did it twice and yet he was the one singled out
I think for me I get irritated by Dier’s misplaced passes because without the passing I don’t think he adds enough to be in the team. As I have said before I would have Winks in the defensive 2 ahead of Dier because I think in general he is better in possession and moves the ball quickly and effectively certainly as well as Dier.

When he first came on the scene he was playing RB, completely different circumstances.
I guess it depends on when Merse first remembers him coming on the scene, but either way he’s right - his passing has been much slower of late and seen less of his positive long forward balls (my favourite the one at Stamford Bridge for Deles goal)....

I guess it depends on when Merse first remembers him coming on the scene, but either way he’s right - his passing has been much slower of late and seen less of his positive long forward balls (my favourite the one at Stamford Bridge for Deles goal)....

Good point, Merson is probably talking about the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game last month.

His passing has slowed down because the players ahead of him are not making the runs they should be as often as they used to.

Didn’t realise BT Sport interviewed players in the studio straight after the game - Glen Murray coming across well, I’d suggest signing him as cover but wouldn’t want to break another striker!

I felt Vertonghen should have gone out to challenge Knockaert - he was covering a man in the middle, but could see Rose was badly out of position and should have helped him. Obviously Rose should have ensured Knockaert stayed wide on his weak foot, he was always wanting to cut in on his good foot.

Back