• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham versus Brighton

Pfff we had some really good and some really bad moments, all in the same game.

First half they just let us get into their half before they pressed, so of course we had all the possession, but didn't penetrate and were too slow.
Second half they came at us and it was real end-to-end stuff but we got the deserved second which (as I predicted) we needed because we are still frail.

Brighton are actually very hard to beat at home
That their 5th home defeat since coming up...

Agree about the ending but we were pushing for the 3rd

Overall IMO a really strong performance

That’s a fair point. They don’t lose much at home so it’s a good win.

Some really good signs. Thought Dier and Dembele did pretty well. Coco did great. Rose was good bar the end. Harry looked a bit better towards the end.

Still a lot of work to do though. There were still signs of fragility that worry me.

Experience
That’s why he is no 2
But gazaniga has done everything he needed to although the goal they had disallowed he was really weak on
He kicks more longer which in this game works a treat and he appears to be more assertive in his play
All that ‘experience’ means is he’s played more games. Llorente has more experience than Kane that doesn’t mean he should be playing. He got MotM on his debut and he was solid in what he had to do in very tricky conditions tonight. He should be ahead of Vorm for me....

City are the only team in this league who can play out of press without changing tactics - it’s why their the best

Everyone else struggles which is is why it’s a valid tactic
City are the best at it. Probably unfair to compare us to them. But we're nowhere near good enough at it. And too many teams are better at it than us.

We looked awful until Lamela and Dele came on. Son and Moura were not getting the ball early enough for use to make any use of their abilities, meaning often they went backwards not long after receiving the ball. We are too slow with the ball and at most times only had Eriksen floating between the lines. When pressed, we often went backwards or lumped it forwards as we often didn't have players making themselves available.

Defensively we looked ropey. Still not sure what's happened here, but i think the midfield defensive structure needs altering. Our pressing was easily bypassed by Inter on Tuesday and Brighton did it at times tonight aswell.

Thank GHod for that ! Always nervey now with 2-0 and you just have that doubt letting 1 in will gee up the oppo

Rose worked mighty hard tonight, nice to see we attacked well with Lucas, Kane, Lamela and Alli

Gazza needs to impose himself more in the game I feel, but not bad tonight overall.

Brighton are actually very hard to beat at home
That their 5th home defeat since coming up...

Agree about the ending but we were pushing for the 3rd

Overall IMO a really strong performance
Overall no better than the Watford game.

Considering the opposition no better than against Liverpool and Inter either imo.

Decent performance. Again. The kind of performances that get the kind of results we've had so far this season. Need to improve.

Overall no better than the Watford game.

Considering the opposition no better than against Liverpool and Inter either imo.

Decent performance. Again. The kind of performances that get the kind of results we've had so far this season. Need to improve.

We were better than against Watford. Much better. We were strolling against Watford and then got bullied. We properly bossed long periods today.

It’s impossible to compare today to Liverpool because of the gulf in class between Brighton and Liverpool. We were terrible in that game though. Utterly outplayed.

We were better than against Watford. Much better. We were strolling against Watford and then got bullied. We properly bossed long periods today.

It’s impossible to compare today to Liverpool because of the gulf in class between Brighton and Liverpool. We were terrible in that game though. Utterly outplayed.
I felt we were bullied second half today mate. We were lucky to get away with it.

Vertonghen and Alderwiereld were far too close together for their goal. Looks like they were having a chat when the ball went over the top.

Back