• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Is the club going through a bit of a 'perfect storm' at the moment?

A huge positive for me during this 'tough' period is being able to easily identify and block the absolute cretin fans we have who seem to revel in seeing us struggle.

They've been waiting for this moment since Poch took charge and the knives are being sharpened every day that we don't win.. Right now they're already drafting up their hyperbolic, entitled posts in anticipation of a loss against Brighton.

It's three fudging games mind you, I've seen far tougher runs than this, just the number of clamish fans seems to have multiplied exponentially.

A huge positive for me during this 'tough' period is being able to easily identify and block the absolute cretin fans we have who seem to revel in seeing us struggle.

They've been waiting for this moment since Poch took charge and the knives are being sharpened every day that we don't win.. Right now they're already drafting up their hyperbolic, entitled posts in anticipation of a loss against Brighton.

It's three fudging games mind you, I've seen far tougher runs than this, just the number of clamish fans seems to have multiplied exponentially.

I actually wish I could hit a "love" button for this post. Yes yes "happy clapper" blah blah, but even the most miserable of bastards would agree there is something a bit much about some of the utter tripe being thrown around the internet (most of it not here to be clear)...

Yes
But I think Levy has been a little to focused on non footballing matters.
Understandable to some extent but he looks to have been a little naive about the squad funding!

It’s unlikely Levy to let 1 player run down a contract and we have 3 in that situation.

So I agree he’s taken his eye off the footballing side

A more positive outlook: We have three wins from six games; those games including a trip to Old Trafford, a tricky CL away game and possibly our most difficult PL home game, who are in title winning form at the moment.

We've done ok overall, results wise. The bigger picture is not disastrous.

Then of course I've seen the games and I've seen how we struggle to play well. We look strangely disorganised, key performers are weak, we make so many schoolboy errors and only really look good in patches.

I admit I'm a little worried - we don't look very good. Then again; fall is not when we usually excel under Poch. We always start slow. This season, arguably, we didn't, with three wins from three. Maybe that's when we started to let things slip, getting complacent, or maybe that's when the start of season buzz wore out, and our WC players felt how tired they really were.

We need a quick turnaround now, though. We should ideally make it three wins from three before we face Barca, resting our key players in the league cup in the process (Kane should definitely not play).

And don't forget we have significant upgrades to that first 11 playing last night. Dele, Hugo and Trippier would've made a big difference. If anyone could save their first goal, it would be Hugo IMO.

The season is long, etc. Don't give up just yet (we were never going to win the PL or CL anyway). Onwards and upwards!

Roberts calling someone out for a fight and Hazard saying he is going to sue someone.

Just the norm.

Hehehe, the usual stuff. I like their commitment and love for the club, they're good guys, but it gets a bit over the top sometimes.

We were always due a season like this tbh and with the WC and stadium move it was always likely to be this one.
Not only have we overachieved under poch season after season but we've done it against the odds and in some style.
This squad over the last two seasons has thumped the CL winners, Liverpool, man utd (only two weeks ago) , Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project.
They haven't turned into a bad side over night and won't turn the corner overnight, we need to hang on to the top fours coat tails this season and hope if any of them slip up we can capitalise.

The season is long, etc. Don't give up just yet (we were never going to win anything anyway). Onwards and upwards!

Fixed it for you. :p Really, though, we won't. These lads are still the same ones that collapsed against United last season when a trophy was in sight, and absolutely nothing has changed since then.

We can probably make Top Four if we sneak in while the big boys are focusing on the big prizes, though.

I actually wish I could hit a "love" button for this post. Yes yes "happy clapper" blah blah, but even the most miserable of bastards would agree there is something a bit much about some of the utter tripe being thrown around the internet (most of it not here to be clear)...

I’ve stayed out of the meltdown thread as I really don’t think this is anything more than a bad spell. Yes we had never lost 3 games in a row under Poch until last night but that run had to end eventually. I fully expect us to bounce back Saturday. If we don’t I will be concerned.

However, I don’t see why posters (not you) feel they have to berate others for not being Uber positive all the time and not swallowing everything the club feeds to us as true. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion but why dig out fans just because they don’t agree with you and don’t think we’re gonna win every competition we enter?

I don’t agree with the guy a lot but I actually think Brain of Levy is one of the best posters on this board. He passionately believes in the work Levy has done but never puts down posters who don’t agree with him. He backs up his stance with articulate, well thought out arguments and never feels the need to insult people.

And don't forget we have significant upgrades to that first 11 playing last night. Dele, Hugo and Trippier would've made a big difference. If anyone could save their first goal, it would be Hugo IMO.

The season is long, etc. Don't give up just yet (we were never going to win the PL or CL anyway). Onwards and upwards!

Hugo would definitely be a major upgrade on Vorm (and I think Vorm is okay). Dele is getting better but I don’t believe he’s a major upgrade on Son, Lamela or Eriksen. Trippier is not that much of an upgrade on Aurier.

In fact, the performance Aurier put in last night was better than anything I’ve seen from Tripper. He was one of the positives from last night. He still has a way to go to convince me but if he plays like that regularly, I want him starting.

Definitely agree about Aurier. He and Lucas Moura, plus Eriksen’s goal, were the positives from last night. Aurier played very well. He kept his head together, made sensible attacking passes, the kind that you pick out when watching the match, and was solid defensively. Maybe this season he will really show what he can do.

Definitely agree about Aurier. He and Lucas Moura, plus Eriksen’s goal, were the positives from last night. Aurier played very well. He kept his head together, made sensible attacking passes, the kind that you pick out when watching the match, and was solid defensively. Maybe this season he will really show what he can do.

Aurier played a perfect game
He has never done that before for us
Maybe he has turned a corner or maybe it’s because inter are actually quite poor
Either way he was my MOTM by some way

I would rather, as a Poch fan, argue against criticism where appropriate with valid counter points as @thfcsteff does, rather than shut down any debate, which after all is what a forum is for. Some fans may indeed behave like clams but others make good points which are worth a read even if I don't agree with them.

For what it's worth I think we will come out of this run fine but we seem to have a problem with defending at the moment. It is a whole unit thing too so cannot just be solved by replacing personnel. That said we seem to be missing a leader in there.

Our next fixtures:

Brighton - AWAY
Watford - Home but really AWAY
Huddersfield - AWAY
Barca - Home
Cardiff - Home
*Insert International break*

3 wins next leading in to a natural motivator in Barca should see us get back on track. It's brick, and we all knew that as soon as we lost a game the transfer/stadium issues would come back, but we knew about those when we beat United 3-0 away too.

It does feel a bit off though, haven't seen is give leads away like this since Sherwood!

I would rather, as a Poch fan, argue against criticism where appropriate with valid counter points as @thfcsteff does, rather than shut down any debate, which after all is what a forum is for. Some fans may indeed behave like clams but others make good points which are worth a read even if I don't agree with them.

For what it's worth I think we will come out of this run fine but we seem to have a problem with defending at the moment. It is a whole unit thing too so cannot just be solved by replacing personnel. That said we seem to be missing a leader in there.

I appreciate and agree with this.. There's absolutely nothing wrong with healthy, objective and constructive debate.

But the people who spew bile, post snarky sarcastic remarks and generally denigrate the club and our manager, well I have no time for them.

Particularly when they're nowhere to be seen in the 'debate' when it's all going well.

Our next fixtures:

Brighton - AWAY
Watford - Home but really AWAY
Huddersfield - AWAY
Barca - Home
Cardiff - Home
*Insert International break*

3 wins next leading in to a natural motivator in Barca should see us get back on track. It's brick, and we all knew that as soon as we lost a game the transfer/stadium issues would come back, but we knew about those when we beat United 3-0 away too.

It does feel a bit off though, haven't seen is give leads away like this since Sherwood!

I did raise this with my mates
The games we have now are he kinda games you need as a spring board

I appreciate and agree with this.. There's absolutely nothing wrong with healthy, objective and constructive debate.

But the people who spew bile, post snarky sarcastic remarks and generally denigrate the club and our manager, well I have no time for them.

Particularly when they're nowhere to be seen in the 'debate' when it's all going well.

They hide
We have so called fans who revel in failure rather than delight in success
It’s an odd bunch really
I do think our fabs have an over heightened sense of expectation coupled with an arrogance we haven’t earned as a club yet

Back