• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Is the club going through a bit of a 'perfect storm' at the moment?

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
It seems that right now/recently there are various factors that could be contributing to what is going on at the club:
  • Stadium delays
  • Lack of signings
  • Kane's bizarre lack of form
  • Lloris drink-driving
  • Players seemingly no longer wanted by Poch still at the club
  • World Cup hangover
  • Son's possible military service (now resolved I know, but only recently)

It seems that right now/recently there are various factors that could be contributing to what is going on at the club:
  • Stadium delays
  • Lack of signings
  • Lloris drink-driving
  • World Cup hangover
Yes
But I think Levy has been a little to focused on non footballing matters.
Understandable to some extent but he looks to have been a little naive about the squad funding!

• Stadium delays
  • Lack of signings
  • Lloris drink-driving
  • World Cup hangover

I think there are a lot of factors contributing to it. And very soon, a lot of it will subside and it will be some other club's turn in crisis mode.

But yes, all of the things you have said have been distractions away from the business of football on the pitch, and previously we've been able to have a settled, focused side that work well together and are totally united in their goal. This season, the amount of distractions we have had to deal with have been ridiculous.

If Poch manages to make this a successful season with all that we are dealing with, it will be his biggest achievement yet. And I would say scraping 4th on the last day on goal difference would count as successful, given everything.

There are factors to what is happening at the club yes.

To all clubs to be fair, apart from Purgatory United but they plateaued some time ago IIRC

The root cause of everything is personal laziness, too many have let it slip just a little bit too far.

There are a lot of things we need to do better.

We need to be stronger with national associations, yes you can have our players for your big tournament but the second that’s over you ship them back in the condition you borrowed them in, you don’t take risks with their fitness and you don’t play them in meaningless games, including wc 3/4 playoffs and the sodding nations league.

Players need to be more professional, pull out of international squads if you are not perfectly fit, get subbed off if you feel anything wrong, don’t get caught committing a fudging crime and most of all, keep yourself fit, your life will be one long holiday when you retire, don’t rely on the club to keep you where you should be.

Poch needs to be braver, rest your favourites when they are not fit, drop them when they underperform, and be pragmatic, fudge their aura’s and all of that gonad*s, you shouldn’t be their mate.

I think there are a lot of factors contributing to it. And very soon, a lot of it will subside and it will be some other club's turn in crisis mode.

But yes, all of the things you have said have been distractions away from the business of football on the pitch, and previously we've been able to have a settled, focused side that work well together and are totally united in their goal. This season, the amount of distractions we have had to deal with have been ridiculous.

If Poch manages to make this a successful season with all that we are dealing with, it will be his biggest achievement yet. And I would say scraping 4th on the last day on goal difference would count as successful, given everything.

I knew who had wrote this without even rating the name

Keen up the positivity and it may get others doing the same

I find it bizarre that clubs can go through spells where EVERY PLAYER is seemingly off form at the exact same time. We have at least 4-5 players who can carry us almost single handedly, Kane, Eriksen, Son, Alli and Moura but unfortunately none of them are.

I find it bizarre that clubs can go through spells where EVERY PLAYER is seemingly off form at the exact same time. We have at least 4-5 players who can carry us almost single handedly, Kane, Eriksen, Son, Alli and Moura but unfortunately none of them are.

Considering everything he's been through I thought son did well and looked sharp tonight.

Three defeats and all the other things you list aren't great fun, but it'll pass. We're off to a rocky start, yet still aren't doing too badly. We usually have this conversation at some point during the fall. Poch has lost it, it's not looking good now, we're not playing well etc - and then at some point our quality just shines through. It's a game of margins as well. We haven't been great lately, but a bit of luck on our side and we hadn't lost three in a row.

Things will turn, and as said, we've been through so much worse. This is a fudging stroll in the park.

Those three games are over. Whilst the players and staff should learn from them, rather than forgetting them entirely, let’s move forwards! Yes, we hit a bump in the road but you know what, our road leads to a lot better destination than it ever did in the past. We just need to move forward, realise bumps happen but as long as forward motion is applied, we can still achieve our goals.

We have a great squad of players. Sure, they may lose occasionally, but their quality will shine through and we will still win more than we lose. I’m sure lessons are being learned and together the players will hopefully develop from this experience to become more focus, determined to get the team back on track.

We are Tottenham Hotspur. We always will be and a bump in the road won’t change that. I hope when Saturday comes around, our away supporters give as much noise as possible (as they usually do, you really are a credit to the club), and let our players know that we are behind them, always supporting them. Hopefully we get a win and we can start to put this bump behind us.

For now. Come on you Spurs!

Back