• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Internazionale

I was more concerned about the first half. Second half what did us in was not getting that second goal, in spite of a few great chances, to kill it off. There is always the chance the opposition can score a wonder goal, no matter how well you are defending, so you need to make your chances count and give yourself that cushion. Once they got the equalizer the psychology was in their favor, especially playing at home. We didn't play a bad second half, we just didn't make it count.

We didn’t really defend well.

Sanchez was all over the place and Davies was slicing everything and miss placing passes

Vorm adding nerves to the back by staying on his line.

Something has happened. Just look at the press conferences with Poch. He's not behaving as he used to. Not smiling or joking as he used to. Something is different.
It is yes. We had lost two in a row, with uncharacteristic performances which doesn’t happen to often. What would there be to smile or joke about?

Thought we were the better team but only because they were so poor up until the wonder goal. Loads of misplaced passes again, players looking off the pace and not pressing as we know they can.
Still deserved a point at least and signs we were getting our mojo back once we led but will the defeat knock the confidence, we'll see. I now fully expect a win v Brighton. :cool:

Can’t avoid the 1st goal. 2nd one two free headers. What do u expect.

Jan could have stopped the first one.

I think this is more than a bit of a slump on, while there were bright patches tonight, we looked terrible in parts and we look brittle. We haven’t looked brittle like this in a long time.

I’m worried. There is something wrong. I’ve no confidence heading into the weekend. But talk of the manager losing the dressing room or being fired are beyond stupid.

What gets me most is that, yet again, we don’t close out a Champions League game. Seem to have learnt nothing from last season.

He held up much more than your giving him credit for

He was a nuisance for them

Taking him off invited pressure
Not up to his normal high standard , plenty bounced off him. He’s not on it at moment maybe I was a touch harsh but he’s miles off at the moment

Well, I only got the first half via radio at work, we sounded shaky in possession in that half.

By the time I got home, was about 70 minutes gone. To be honest, we looked comfortable until they scored -- then it looked like a familiar Spurs panic and bottle job after that. And when I say familiar, I mean over my lifetime supporting Spurs rather than the Poch era.

First time we have lost 3 in a row under Poch, apparently. IMO, the team has lost belief right now, it's not fatigue, it's a mental thing.

We got to give Poch 100% support to put things right. I can see us losing away at Brighton, they are good in their own stadium. But we musn't panic. Get Hugo back in goal and just tweak things, maybe Wanyama back, Sonny up to speed. We can turn it around.

Not sure how Poch can shoulder too much blame when you make zero signings to a team that only needed 1 player to freshen things up and give the squad a lift. 1-0 up with 5 mins to go and you contrive to lose? The players should have more about them to keep their brick together and see out the game, at least get a draw anyway.

Not to mention the stadium business. I know they have to roll with it but can’t be easy not knowing when the hell were gonna move in to the new WHL.
According to the usual suspects who can’t ever be critical of anything Spurs, it was fine to have a transfer window signing absolutely no one and things are always going to be rosy regardless. It was always going to be an issue, our squad really isn’t all that. Poch isn’t to blame, except I do wonder if he could put more pressure on Levy regarding transfers as his stock was so high - I always wonder if their relationship is a bit too cost and comfortable.

His substitutions I don’t really get though....

Pretty spurs-y performance- better team for most of the game then fold like a deck chair to hand them the game- Poch will be livid -be interesting to see how we recover from this.

Not up to his normal high standard , plenty bounced off him. He’s not on it at moment maybe I was a touch harsh but he’s miles off at the moment

His “normal game” is world class
He isn’t near that but his work rate today was good

According to the usual suspects who can’t ever be critical of anything Spurs, it was fine to have a transfer window signing absolutely no one and things are always going to be rosy regardless. It was always going to be an issue, our squad really isn’t all that. Poch isn’t to blame, except I do wonder if he could put more pressure on Levy regarding transfers as his stock was so high - I always wonder if their relationship is a bit too cost and comfortable.

The issue we have had and still have is budget, which is worse due to the costs of the new stadium. It is hard for us to pay the transfers and wages of players who will seriously improve our squad. And we've bought enough donkeys in the past few years.

The manager is equally to blame for no incomings

Just think he’s losing it and will lose the next few games and it’ll be bye bye.

Talk about gutless OTT reaction. I doubt levy will fire him...so we go on a bad run, brick happens. We deserved at least a draw, but footy can be cruel. Ask Coventry fans...

Back