• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Internazionale

No offence to you personally but this is one of my biggest bug bears about football related discussion.

We were in complete control. We were winding the game down. We did all the right things and 9 times out of 10 Icardi blasts that volley into the stands. He scored and its unlucky for us, but it doesn't mean the decisions were wrong. Football can be random, teams can be unlucky, and sometimes things cannot go our way to the point where it feels nothing will go right.

We didn't deserve to lose tonight. We clearly needed to be more clinical with the chances we had but I'd like to think Poch will actually praise the effort and committment of the side tonight, rather than talking us down as he has done after the last 3 games. And that, in so far as it has been worrying how much he has seemed to be negative over the last few weeks, will be progress.

I'm a lot happier after seeing that performance tonight. Gutting to lose, but I'm confident we will be ok.

Agreed

A game ending like that in the current climate though will always be spun to be further proof of things not being right at the club, unfortunately.

Would have liked Wanyama on instead of Winks. Odd one when we're 0-1 up.

Would have liked us to do what Inter would have in a similar position - get compact and make it hard for the opposition to score. Our pressing lets teams back in.

We played well and should have scored a 2nd to put the game to bed. Hartened by the performance.

I was more concerned about the first half. Second half what did us in was not getting that second goal, in spite of a few great chances, to kill it off. There is always the chance the opposition can score a wonder goal, no matter how well you are defending, so you need to make your chances count and give yourself that cushion. Once they got the equalizer the psychology was in their favor, especially playing at home. We didn't play a bad second half, we just didn't make it count.

What attacks did we put together after the subs, we barely got over the half way line. It's all good trying to see out games, if you have the ability to do it, we don't.

To be fair Moura created some great opportunities. It was the Winks and Rose subs that baffled me.

No offence to you personally but this is one of my biggest bug bears about football related discussion.

We were in complete control. We were winding the game down. We did all the right things and 9 times out of 10 Icardi blasts that volley into the stands. He scored and its unlucky for us, but it doesn't mean the decisions were wrong. Football can be random, teams can be unlucky, and sometimes things cannot go our way to the point where it feels nothing will go right.

We didn't deserve to lose tonight. We clearly needed to be more clinical with the chances we had but I'd like to think Poch will actually praise the effort and committment of the side tonight, rather than talking us down as he has done after the last 3 games. And that, in so far as it has been worrying how much he has seemed to be negative over the last few weeks, will be progress.

I'm a lot happier after seeing that performance tonight. Gutting to lose, but I'm confident we will be ok.

We were largely terrible first half, to be fair. And Inter are no great shakes.

Defensive subs - I don't get it. They very rarely work, especially not when there's no real need for them. We were doing fine with Lamela, we didn't need to go more defensive with Winks. If anything, sub Dembele who was tiring.

Rose for Kane was just proper WTF. It allowed them to push us back further, when we needed someone to hold the ball up. Kane was tired and is clearly not at his best, but it was a poor sub at the wrong time.

Subs cost us tonight. That, and switching off just enough to allow that cross and shot that gave them 1-1.

Massive opportunity missed to get off to a flying start in the CL tonight.

Not sure how Poch can shoulder too much blame when you make zero signings to a team that only needed 1 player to freshen things up and give the squad a lift. 1-0 up with 5 mins to go and you contrive to lose? The players should have more about them to keep their brick together and see out the game, at least get a draw anyway.

Not to mention the stadium business. I know they have to roll with it but can’t be easy not knowing when the hell were gonna move in to the new WHL.

Eh. Same stuff as ever - typical Tottenham.

It never went away, even though Poch dragged us heroically close to making it happen. Ultimately, it was still there. And it still is.

I mentioned it at the end of last season, when we folded in the FA Cup semi and ended up finishing trophyless again. This side is better than any other we've had in the modern era.

But in their heads, they're still soft. And they still fold. As now.

It's just something about us. Everything is harder for us, every setback shakes us more than it shakes others, and every little mental thing that other teams shake off ends up revealing how spineless we can get at times. And of course, luck is always against us.

Just accept it, because it isn't changing. And the chairman at the top doesn't care about changing it, either.

Let it happen, and you'll live a more muted life and appreciate the positives more.

I wonder when Dier will come out with his next brilliant interview about how very lion-likd and ready to be champions our lads are. That will surely help.

Back