• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

A decent piece - including a bit the Dier was playing in an unfamiliar position (which won't hold water for some on here who I'm sure could play every position perfectly ever professional game they ever played): https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/16/harry-kane-struggling-spurs-liverpool-defeat

Hmm, one could also say Harry is trying to lay blame on others for his - relatively - poor showings....what if the whole "claiming a goal off Eriksen" has meant some players aren't busting a gut to lay things on a plate as before to do their parts in the "Harry Kane gameshow" anymore, especially now he is no longer superman?

Hmm, one could also say Harry is trying to lay blame on others for his - relatively - poor showings....what if the whole "claiming a goal off Eriksen" has meant some players aren't busting a gut to lay things on a plate as before to do their parts in the "Harry Kane gameshow" anymore, especially now he is no longer superman?
They would have to be super petty to sabotage their own success because Kane is the superstar - and that's the sort of thing, if true, that is Poch's job to sort out.

Poch has some big calls to make regarding the way he fixes Kane now

We have the best striker in the land and we need him playing like that ASAP

Kane needs to admit it to himself and Poch if he's feeling below par. He's our star player but on days when he's not at the races, he's a passenger. No-one would begrudge him a two week rest if it meant he was firing for the next few months. At this rate he'll have stopped moving altogether by Xmas.

Kane needs to admit it to himself and Poch if he's feeling below par. He's our star player but on days when he's not at the races, he's a passenger. No-one would begrudge him a two week rest if it meant he was firing for the next few months. At this rate he'll have stopped moving altogether by Xmas.
He had 28 days between his last WC game and his first game of the new season but that clearly hasn't done the trick, so what difference will a fortnight make? Maybe he needs a couple of months, maybe longer. On the other hand who's to say when he'll suddenly go on one of his scoring sprees like he has in the past?

Not quite as straightforward as it seems my friend.

He had 28 days between his last WC game and his first game of the new season but that clearly hasn't done the trick, so what difference will a fortnight make? Maybe he needs a couple of months, maybe longer. On the other hand who's to say when he'll suddenly go on one of his scoring sprees like he has in the past?

Not quite as straightforward as it seems my friend.
Thing is between the WC and start of the season he was officially on holiday but still had to continue training to be match fit for when first game of season came. He looks like he needs a real rest, a proper holiday to mentally reset. But I doubt he will get it....

If Kane, Poch & the fitness coaches believe he is fully fit then we have to play him & Poch has to work to get the best out of him.
Interesting that he has the same number of goals this season as Salah yet as others are chipping in & they're winning he hasn't been mentioned in the same way. The team are not playing well - it isn't all down to Harry.

It's a tough one with Harry. Yes, he doesn't look right and could maybe do with a break. On the other hand, we've seen it before and then he clicks into form and kills everyone we play. So if the medical team and the player say he's fit, we have to trust in Harry to play his way into form.

I would like to see us rotate him more though, rather than wait for his next injury.

The side effect of: his repeatedly injured ankle, being a new daddy, playing alongside Moura, lack of a proper rest or some combination of the above perhaps...

First we complain he's too selfish, takes too many shots when he should pass, now all of a sudden he's not taking enough.

Last season he managed more shots than in any of his previous despite everyone agreeing he was off colour from March onwards.

Yet this season's barely got going and we're already writing him off?

First we complain he's too selfish, takes too many shots when he should pass, now all of a sudden he's not taking enough.

Last season he managed more shots than in any of his previous despite everyone agreeing he was off colour from March onwards.

Who has complained hes too selfish? Ive not seen that. Most would say he is selfish because he is, but thats why he has scored so many goals.

And I dont see anyone writing him off, only some saying he needs a rest which is hardly writing him off is it? You're staunchly defending Kane as if posters are massively criticising him when theyre not. If you dont think he could do with a rest then fine whatever, noone truly knows what would be best in that respect but fundamentally all anyone is saying is that hes off colour, and I really dont see how you could argue against that - Its understandable when he shoulders the responsibility of carrying the goalscoring burdern for club and country and has played non stop football for past few seasons.....

Well I’m sure Kane will return to his beastly best at some point but he’s not only been shooting less in recent months but he’s also having fewer touches, pressing less, his passing output is down plus he’s making fewer sprints...

Aside of his own physical condition, a lot of these stats and downturns are also due to the personnel change. With Son, Dele and Eriksen is support in a 3 he's naturally going to get more opportunities than with just Moura ahead and Eriksen behind. I know Dele played previously but he was probably not 100% either.

If we go back to 3 in support with Son and Lamela used more over the next few games I'm confident these numbers will increase - and maybe he can play through his quiet period.

Back