• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Jurgen the German's favourite team ***

Out of interest, do people think our overall team performances - not results - gone backwards since the win at Old Trafford?

Out of interest, do people think our overall team performances - not results - gone backwards since the win at Old Trafford?
I don't think we've been that good this season, rode our luck again Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Fulham.
The utd result said more about them than us, same today, result says more about us than Liverpool. Neither game true reflections because one team was so poor.

We havent played well all season imo. Too many look tired. Watching Hazards breezy freshness (and hat-trick ) today on MoTD, the World Cup really shouldn’t be an excuse for our players.

Rather than laying the blame on Trippier, look at the crazy decision to play two at the back with wingbacks pushing forward, against Mane, Firmino and Salah.

Exactly this. Said at HT in the OMT that we should have brought on Sanchez right then. He really should have started this game. Bad decision by Poch.

Thanks for this.

It’s the WC minutes that are so telling for me. Can’t be many squads/first 11’s that had more. That for me alone would have been reason to look for an addition or 2 (that maybe didn’t feature in the WC). I’d be surprised if we don’t dip in in January.

ICYMI...

Minutes played by Premier League players at the 2018 World Cup, per club:

Tottenham – 5,202 (12 players)
Emirates Marketing Project – 4,918 (15 players)
Manchester United – 4,249 (11 players)
Chelsea – 4,231 (12 players)
Leicester – 2,273 (9 players)
Liverpool – 2,267 (7 players)
Arsenal – 1,645 (7 players)
Everton – 1,324 (3 players)
Southampton – 1,194 (4 players)
West Ham – 754 (3 players)

https://www.football365.com/news/tottenham-win-most-minutes-played-at-wc-by-pl-club-trophy

Oh well, at least the scoreline didn't reflect fully how the game went; we should be thankful for such mercies...
Indeed... now I know how the Dippers felt after Lovren handed us a 2 goal lead but thankfully none of their players today were on as good form as Kane was last autumn.

Yup. And small differences. Wijnaldum scorings hos first career away goal versus Moura missing an easy chance. Verts concedes a corner (doesn’t hit the post and bamboozle Vorm) and Lamela making cleaner contact.

Oh, and getting a penalty. Oh well.

Thing is though -and I am meant to be a happy clapper- we did not look sharp, we did not look fluid, we played too slowly and we made mistakes. I agree there will always be moments, IMO, this was a game we deserved to lose. Had we clawed a draw it would’ve been robbery. Hurts to say it, but...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We havent played well all season imo. Too many look tired. Watching Hazards breezy freshness (and hat-trick ) today on MoTD, the World Cup really shouldn’t be an excuse for our players.
Hazard did mention during his interview with Lineker how fresh he feels following the 3 week break he had after the World Cup and Sarri only gave him brief cameos in the opening games.

I agree there is some massive over reaction going on here, questioning the level of ability of some players is ridiculous after two games. It has not been all season as some claim, as Fulham and Utd were good performances.

That being said, I'm more angry today than I was immediately after the game yesterday.

It would have been very different without so many big mistakes, most of which were unbelievably catastrophic errors.

We would have won if not for that, as it would mean Pool would not have scored their goals and would also mean they would have created hardly anything. It would also mean our dominance for most of the first half and early second half would have continued and with it quite possibly many chances for us would have materialised.

So yes, I am now furious this was prevented by so many idiots fudging around and the ones responsible for the catastrophic mistakes should face massive fines imo.

And so should Michael Oliver who bottled the penalty at the end. He had a clear view of it and simply bottled it due to it being so late in the game, possibly influenced by us having just scored and not deserving a draw. But he is not there to decide what we deserve.

It was a stonewall penalty and his mistake was as catastrophic as some of our players yesterday. He also deserves a massive fine and relegation to league 1.

Also sky don't even mention the penalty on their match report. You really air brush something as huge as that out of history because we deserved to lose? Wow.

Last edited:
It's two losses on the spin... I get it, we've become very used to winning under Poch, but boy oh boy do we need some perspective when we go through a 'rough patch'.. It's two fudging games guys.

The performances havent been there since April.

I personally think this team has reached its peak in its current form, I cant see how it can kick on again and be better

And so should Michael Oliver who bottled the penalty at the end. He had a clear view of it and simply bottled it due to it being so late in the game, possibly influenced by us having just scored and not deserving a draw. But he is not there to decide what we deserve.

It was a stonewall penalty and his mistake was as catastrophic as some of our players yesterday. He also deserves a massive fine and relegation to league 1.

Also sky don't even mention the penalty on their match report. You really air brush something as huge as that out of history because we deserved to lose? Wow.
Watching the replays on MotD Olivers view of the pen is totally blocked and he couldnt see a thing, with VAR its given

I wish people would stop getting carried away with this game (not nescassarily on here). I keep reading things like Liverpool could have had 8. Football doesn’t work like that or maybe we could have had 4.

For those not familiar with XG I suggest you take a look. The general XG doing the rounds is about 1-3. And that’s not including the pen we should have had.

We were poor today, but let’s not go overboard.

I’m really not a fan of this diamond formation. We don’t really look fluid at all.

There is reduced support to Kane, only one holding midfielder protecting a back 4, and the wide points of the diamond seem a little out of position whether we are attacking or defending. This in turn affects the full backs.

This is compounded when you have people playing out of position - like Winks yesterday.

I appreciate that football evolves but I think the 4231 suits our personnel much better. Kane gets 3 men up with him and the defence has 2 men in front. If we are playing a good team and want to line up more robust we can switch to a tight 433 like Madrid last year.

I think for the time being I’d like to see us go back to basics and a formation all of the players have played well in.

We’ve played one good 45 minutes at Old Trafford. Other than that we have looked tired, unmotivated and lacking in belief. If someone offered fourth now I’d take it, given how others have improved.

Back