• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Jurgen the German's favourite team ***

We made mistakes today for the most part because they smothered us and cut off any options. Liverpool were good, they didn’t allow us to settle and played on the fact that we were clearly apprehensive about committing too many forward and letting them space to destroy us with their pace.

In the first half, we couldn’t get out without hitting long balls for the most part (bar a 10 minute spell before they scored).

They may not have been at their best but they were light years ahead of us today.
Not exactly news that we struggle against high pressing aggressive teams. Though somewhat surprisingly Liverpool weren't in their most pressy mood today they did press us high up the pitch. Far less surprising is Dembele and Dier struggling in those conditions.

A year ago when we beat them 4-1 our central midfield trio was Winks, Eriksen and Alli. Other differences too, like a back 3/5 and their signings since then. For me though oir lack of passing tempo in midfield remains our biggest weakness in many games.

Not exactly news that we struggle against high pressing aggressive teams. Though somewhat surprisingly Liverpool weren't in their most pressy mood today they did press us high up the pitch. Far less surprising is Dembele and Dier struggling in those conditions.

A year ago when we beat them 4-1 our central midfield trio was Winks, Eriksen and Alli. Other differences too, like a back 3/5 and their signings since then. For me though oir lack of passing tempo in midfield remains our biggest weakness in many games.

That’s why I’m struggling to see how you think it was a decent performance. I like a lot of your posts but genuinely can’t see it.

I think you’ve hit the tickle my balls with a feather in terms of where they have improved. Last year we hit them a couple of times on the break and they were a brickshow at the back. Today VVD cleaned up everything, Allison looked assured when he had to and the one time we got Eriksen in behind, Keita cut out his cross brilliantly.

They’ve bought so fudging well and that sickens me because we could have done likewise, didn’t, and now we’re playing catch up.

I don’t actually think they did press that high today. They just waited for us to pass it into midfield, make an error, and then picked us off and fed Salah/Mane/Firmino. Compare it to City last year and they were camped on our box.

Another issue is Trippier, don't know if anyone read the article about the amount of goals we concede that come from our right hand side.

He's a decent player, but a couple of free kicks don't soccer up the deficiencies in his game. He's too slow to play in a 4 and that lack of pace hurts us attacking wise and defending wise. We're basically hoping he'll play and assist or score which isn't gonna happen every week.

Not saying Rose was any better, must have been brought in as the dynamic choice over Davies, I see the reasoning and just hope he's rusty and not done.

I'm not trying to dig out Trips either, however it's an area of weakness. I'd be kinky look that alongside resting Kane, dropping Eriksen etc

I don’t actually think they did press that high today. They just waited for us to pass it into midfield, make an error, and then picked us off and fed Salah/Mane/Firmino. Compare it to City last year and they were camped on our box.

I agree
Pool only pressed from our goal kicks
They didn’t need to do much else as we were that bad
Their lack of finishing amazed me

Their first goal was my favourite buttplug. Granted a poor push out by Vorm but he was being crowded. Dier’s header sums up what I think of him as a potential captain - not up to the job. I had high hopes for Dier but he is found wanting defensively so often that I have come to the conclusion he is never going to be good enough. We need to upgrade our defensive midfielders.

Another issue is Trippier, don't know if anyone read the article about the amount of goals we concede that come from our right hand side.

He's a decent player, but a couple of free kicks don't soccer up the deficiencies in his game. He's too slow to play in a 4 and that lack of pace hurts us attacking wise and defending wise. We're basically hoping he'll play and assist or score which isn't gonna happen every week.

Not saying Rose was any better, must have been brought in as the dynamic choice over Davies, I see the reasoning and just hope he's rusty and not done.

I'm not trying to dig out Trips either, however it's an area of weakness. I'd be kinky look that alongside resting Kane, dropping Eriksen etc

I don’t get the love in for trips and the complete reverse for Serge.

Trips has as many errors in his game - they are less eye catching.

Serge is actually more suited to our system as has pace

Their first goal was my favourite buttplug. Granted a poor push out by Vorm but he was being crowded. Dier’s header sums up what I think of him as a potential captain - not up to the job. I had high hopes for Dier but he is found wanting defensively so often that I have come to the conclusion he is never going to be good enough. We need to upgrade our defensive midfielders.

Liverpool have.

Ox
Fabinho
Henderson
Milner
Wijnaldum
Keita

As Cm options

We have

Winks
Dembele
Wanyama
Dier

Levels - all those Liverpool players would get in our squad at least

Edit - Sissoko

You forget eriksen header for them to win the corner

I agree. I don’t know why Vorm is getting dogs abuse while no one mentions Dier. It was his weak header straight back into the danger zone under no pressure that really presented the chance to Whinealot.

Unless Sanchez is not at full fitness I think it's mad we're not playing with a back three, it'll get so much more out of our full backs and they won't be as exposed. Put on Davies if you're going for a back four, Trippiers evidently tired and the thought of Aurier again at some stage is a little bit less scary with three centre backs (when out of posession).

I don't want to be disrespectful to Poch but I'd like a chance to show him a compilation of some classic downside of Dembele moments today, just to question the holding him as one of the great minds in football. Obviously Dier was equally as bad, Winks not terrible and Victor has been a bizarre one for a while but it irks me that we're still relying on Moussa. I know every player makes mistakes and he was certainly not the only one ie hospital pass from dier to put Salah in but the contract situation and how he has been playing, it doesn't seem great to me however you look at it.

Also, whats up glory glory mofos!? Been a while, haven't come back just to moan I promise.

I’ve said before that Trippier can only play right wing back. Today was further proof. He can’t defend. His strengths lay in his attacking play. Unless Sanchez was injured, dropping him made no sense to me.

Back