• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Seems to have taken his eye off the ball this season, another performance where the players were clearly not prepared correctly, tactically, physically or mentally.

I’m not sure that’s fair or right. He’s been asked to keep defying gravity with the same players again this year. And they are players who, for the most part, have barely had a break in 12 months.

I hold Levy in high esteem but from what I’ve seen so far, our problems are on him more than Poch or the players.

I’m not sure that’s fair or right. He’s been asked to keep defying gravity with the same players again this year. And they are players who, for the most part, have barely had a break in 12 months.

I hold Levy in high esteem but from what I’ve seen so far, our problems are on him more than Poch or the players.

We could do a better job of resting them ourselves, and giving underperforming players a bit more of the stick.

Who should he have rested this season so far?

Kane, Eriksen, Trippier, Dembele.

Lamela should play when fit irrespective of who else is available. Similarly we look slow without Sanchez.

Sissoko’s continued absence is inexplicable.

Our tactics and selections, viewed through the prism of the performances, are arrogant.

Kane, Eriksen, Trippier, Dembele.

Lamela should play when fit irrespective of who else is available. Similarly we look slow without Sanchez.

Sissoko’s continued absence is inexplicable.

Our tactics and selections, viewed through the prism of the performances, are arrogant.

Kane is our star player and we have no (real) direct replacement and Eriksen makes the team tick when on form.

Dembele didn’t start the first two games and Aurier is a complete liability as a replacement for Trippier.

Lamela is worth a start and was great today but there have been games where he has started and been poor over the last 12 months. He’s nowhere near being undroppable.

Sissoko is more of a liability than Aurier.

We don’t have the squad to rotate like that and that’s why the transfer window this summer was such a disappointment.

Kane is our star player and we have no (real) direct replacement and Eriksen makes the team tick when on form.

Dembele didn’t start the first two games and Aurier is a complete liability as a replacement for Trippier.

Lamela is worth a start and was great today but there have been games where he has started and been poor over the last 12 months. He’s nowhere near being undroppable.

Sissoko is more of a liability than Aurier.

We don’t have the squad to rotate like that and that’s why the transfer window this summer was such a disappointment.

I think Llorente isnt any worse than current condition Kane, you don’t weaken the team and you give that star player the rest he needs to get himself right. Also, had we put a little more effort into Janssen we’d have another option.

If Lamela is fit then again you lose nothing by leaving Eriksen out to give rest to one who needs it, when was the last time we saw Eriksen shred a defence the way he was doing every week two seasons ago?

I think Aurier still has use and of course we have KWP.

Sissoko was bought to deal with power run teams like Watford and Liverpool, if we are not going to use him in these situations why buy him in the first place?

We won’t truly know how much depth we have if we don’t give players a chance but surely it’s better to play 11 fit ones and learn something than add to the burnout of others and lose anyway.

If players think they are undroppable it won’t take
long for it to show in their performance.

Based on nothing but my instinct, it feels like something is wrong at the club. The Watford and Pool games saw some worrying deficiencies in energy, awareness and basic understanding between the players. Maybe the new Moura/Kane axis requires recalibration. But the lack of consistency in selection/formation/performance is worrying.

Last edited:
Bass on nothing but my instinct, it feels like something is wrong at the club. The Watford and Pool games saw some worrying deficiencies in energy, awareness and basic understanding between the players. Maybe the new Moura/Kane axis requires recalibration. But the lack of consistency in selection/formation/performance is worrying.

I think our problems stem from midfield. Dier, through to Dembele and Eriksen have not been good enough. I don't think Dier's general level has been good enough for awhile. I think Dembele is not a starting player, but has a role as a "finisher" to use the rugby phrase. Eriksen is class, but might need to be rotated a bit more until he finds his feet again. On top of that, Harry is in a poor run of form performance wise, but can still eek out some goals and assists. But winning the midfield usually dictates who wins football games.

We have Wanyama and Winks fit again. Also Lamela. Get them all in the starting XI.

for the next game, something like this:

----------------------vorm
-----------toby----sanchez----vert
aurier*-------wanyama----winks-------davies*
-----------moura----lamela----son

*I assume Poch will rotate full-backs.

We might not have signed anybody, but we can still freshen up the team with players we have available.

I think Llorente isnt any worse than current condition Kane, you don’t weaken the team and you give that star player the rest he needs to get himself right. Also, had we put a little more effort into Janssen we’d have another option.

If Lamela is fit then again you lose nothing by leaving Eriksen out to give rest to one who needs it, when was the last time we saw Eriksen shred a defence the way he was doing every week two seasons ago?

I think Aurier still has use and of course we have KWP.

Sissoko was bought to deal with power run teams like Watford and Liverpool, if we are not going to use him in these situations why buy him in the first place?

We won’t truly know how much depth we have if we don’t give players a chance but surely it’s better to play 11 fit ones and learn something than add to the burnout of others and lose anyway.

If players think they are undroppable it won’t take
long for it to show in their performance.

Kane has scored 2 in 5 this season, one of which was a crucial opener against Man U. Llorente has only ever scored one league goal for us and barely looked like doing that. Janssen had enough chances. He’s just not good enough. We bought those two on the (relative) cheap. They were big gambles in terms of whether they were good enough and they haven’t worked out.

Eriksen was shredding defenses regularly last season. He’s had a couple of bad patches playing for us and played his way into form. Hopefully this is another one of those and not him being burned out. Either way, as much as I like Lamela, he will never do what Eriksen does and isn’t a like for like replacement.

Trippier has looked decent up to today and was rested for the first game. Hes better than Aurier and KWP but not as good as Walker.

We’ve all been asking why buy Sissoko. He’s had chances and just isn’t good enough. The game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine laid bare his limitations.

And that’s been our problem. When we’ve bought, we’ve bought a lot of players who we’ve gambled could develop into fellas good enough to cover Kane/Eriksen etc. and they aren’t. And we sold a top, top right back. This season we made it worse by signing no one at all.

Poch can only do so much. He’s done exceptionally well to get us where we are. But he can’t keep defying a harsh reality of football. Eventually, money talks.

Levys grand plan may work out in the end. But when it does, this team will have broken up. Time will tell if this summer was a mistake in the scheme of things but in the short to mid term, I think he’s failed this manager and these players.

Kane has scored 2 in 5 this season, one of which was a crucial opener against Man U. Llorente has only ever scored one league goal for us and barely looked like doing that. Janssen had enough chances. He’s just not good enough. We bought those two on the (relative) cheap. They were big gambles in terms of whether they were good enough and they haven’t worked out.

Eriksen was shredding defenses regularly last season. He’s had a couple of bad patches playing for us and played his way into form. Hopefully this is another one of those and not him being burned out. Either way, as much as I like Lamela, he will never do what Eriksen does and isn’t a like for like replacement.

Trippier has looked decent up to today and was rested for the first game. Hes better than Aurier and KWP but not as good as Walker.

We’ve all been asking why buy Sissoko. He’s had chances and just isn’t good enough. The game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine laid bare his limitations.

And that’s been our problem. When we’ve bought, we’ve bought a lot of players who we’ve gambled could develop into fellas good enough to cover Kane/Eriksen etc. and they aren’t. And we sold a top, top right back. This season we made it worse by signing no one at all.

Poch can only do so much. He’s done exceptionally well to get us where we are. But he can’t keep defying a harsh reality of football. Eventually, money talks.

Levys grand plan may work out in the end. But when it does, this team will have broken up. Time will tell if this summer was a mistake in the scheme of things but in the short to mid term, I think he’s failed this manager and these players.

Appreciate the reply, disagree on most of it as previously stated.

I think our recruitment policy is fine but we are failing the newer/backup/reserve players by not developing them well enough on the training pitch and in first team games, we used to sign players and improve them, we seem to have lost that.

I think our recruitment policy is fine but we are failing the newer/backup/reserve players by not developing them well enough on the training pitch and in first team games, we used to sign players and improve them, we seem to have lost that.

Fair enough mate. We’ll agree to disagree.

fudging football, on days like today, I wish it would fudge off.

I really don’t know what Poch was thinking today. Against a sude like pool, it is utter madness to play your full backs so advanced and leave Toby and Verts so exposed. It seemed to me we got caught between playing three at the back and a back four. We did neither successfully today. Our midfield didn’t seem to know either and were simply diabolical.

I’d prefer it if we stuck to a system for a while and refreshed signing that

We went 4-3-3 today and changed that with the subs

We only became effective once we had an additional attacker on

We beat pool last what with 1 centre mid because we were more attacking and creative

I’d prefer it if we stuck to a system for a while and refreshed signing that

We went 4-3-3 today and changed that with the subs

We only became effective once we had an additional attacker on

We beat pool last what with 1 centre mid because we were more attacking and creative

Until lamela came on only moura was willing to take chance with the ball. We were so ponderous and obvious with every ball we played it was like watching an avb team again.

Until lamela came on only moura was willing to take chance with the ball. We were so ponderous and obvious with every ball we played it was like watching an avb team again.

Lamela made a huge difference

It’s why I keep on sayibg that we should be playing the players with fresher legs now

Back