• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Jurgen the German's favourite team ***

Er it’s a huge game, of course they should be treating it as a cup final. Your post just sounds like sour grapes, everyone on here would be going nuts if we beat them but we have fallen well short. They are a better team than us, weird that when they went and improved their squad whilst we did nothing....

It’s not sour grapes.

We beat Man Utd in exactly the same scenario in reverse, but weren’t able to put in the same performance today.

It’s disappointing but due to fatigue, injuries and a lack of alternatives that’s how it goes sometimes.

We were unf well below our best against a Liverpool team that have started the season in top gear.

Poor from Spurs. I have to question the commitment of some of the players.

Vorm had an ok game. Kept us in it.
Trippier was shiite. If it was Aurier we would be insulting him. Spurs have not replaced Walker IMHO. Weakness for us.
Centre backs had ok game.
Rose doesn't convince me yet.
Dier, Winks and Dembele were shiite. Glad to see Wanyama back.
Eriksen and Kane were between ok and shiite.
Son, Lamela and Lucas did good.

Good refereeing as much as humanly possible.
Pochettino must be wondering what he has to do. I miss the old White Hart Lane. Get us out of Wembley.

We deserved that and probably needed it. Watford clearly wasn’t enough.

Not a knee jerk reaction but don’t think the following should play again:

Dembele
Dier
Vorm

Never been a fan of Diers but just don’t see what he does for us. Always wants to give the opposition a pass on goal.

Dembele has lost it unfortunately

Vorm. I’m better in goal than him really.5ft 7 but I pulled off some worldies.

Vorm should have been let go in the Summer.

Accident waiting to happen everytime he plays.

Pool are incredibly lucky to win that.

We beat ourselves in that game. Take away at least a few of the unprecedented TEN major errors from us in that game and we win.

But we fudged up, ruining the general performance up to when the game died when the 8th major error made it 0-2.

Not sure what we can do to the numerous players responsible for the 10 major errors.

Fining them is my first reaction and other than asking them why they did it, what else can we do to them?

Real shame, as I said we beat ourselves today and Pool were just the lucky recipients.

Going to suggest something radical. We need to leave Kane out till he is 100% fit again. He is not leading the line well and not pressing. Would prefer the movement and pressing of Lamela Son and Moura until Dele is fit again. This simply isn’t good enough.

Pool are incredibly lucky to win that.

We beat ourselves in that game. Take away at least a few of the unprecedented TEN major errors from us in that game and we win.

But we fudged up, ruining the general performance up to when the game died when the 8th major error made it 0-2.

Not sure what we can do to the numerous players responsible for the 10 major errors.

Fining them is my first reaction and other than asking them why they did it, what else can we do to them?

Real shame, as I said we beat ourselves today and Pool were just the lucky recipients.

I hope you’re having a laugh. They were streets ahead of us. It was barely a contest and we were lucky to only lose 2-1.

So annoying that we never really showed up or put them under proper pressure until we got our goal. It's too typical for us. A bit of intensity for the last 15 minutes, and maybe we could've gotten something from this.

We can't really complain though, the better team won. But I'm disappointed in our performance. We lacked urgency from the start, and apart from a 15 minute period before their first goal, we were sloppy, slow and indecisive. These performances won't get us CL next season.

Oh and for goodness sake, give Kane a rest. We should've withdrawn him from the pointless internationals and sent him on a two week holiday to Barbados. He's so off the pace it's painful to watch.

Liverpool have secretly treated this as a cup final. I bet their celebrations at the end are huge.

Whereas weirdly we’ve been unable to even pass the ball consistently.

A shame. But it won’t be a reflection of the whole season — I reckon they’ll start losing steam at some point.
Your grabbing - sounds like famous last words (unfortunately)

If I was a Liverpool fan, I'd be delighted with that. Beat us comfortably, much more so than the 1-2 scoreline shows. And they didn't even have to really play well to do it, just be solid and punish mistakes.

Vorm didn't cover himself in glory for the goals, but he did keep the score down in fairness. Lamela and Moura were our best outfield players. Eriksen and Kane both awful again.

All said and done, we just ain't playing well enough. We can (hopefully, we will) pick up form and finish top 4. Still, an easy Champions League game up next, I look forward to seeing more of Dier being a quality number 10 (for the other team).

Thought everyone bar Moura and Lamela were well below par today, you can’t legislate for the amount of unforced errors made by basically all the players today. Not sure I’ve seen so many misplaced passes by us under no pressure for years?

Regroup and go again. We’re a form side under Poch, we have spell like this and then a few months on the bounce where we look world beaters, let’s just stick with it through this period and wait for the form to kick in.

That’s a load of rooster. Liverpool were very very impressive. The only thing that will stop them this season is squad depth because losing one of their front three or VVD will weaken them hugely.

We were out of our depth. I don’t blame the manager.or players too much. We’ve been defying gravity for 3-4 seasons. It’s catching up on us. We will do very very well to finish top 4 this season.

Coco was excellent though. Worth a start next time.

They weren't at all good. We shot ourselves in the foot, again and again and again - and that was what led to their chances and goals, while our airheads went off to brag about how great they are on Snapchat.

I don't blame the players that much, or the manager. But if I mention anything about the man single-handedly responsible for the marvellous, unparalleled transfer window we had, my mental health will suffer. So I'd rather not.

Just...Liverpool weren't great. They were thoroughly average, and even their press wasn't anywhere close to how well we could press, once upon a time.

Poor from Spurs. I have to question the commitment of some of the players.

Vorm had an ok game. Kept us in it.
Trippier was shiite. If it was Aurier we would be insulting him. Spurs have not replaced Walker IMHO. Weakness for us.
Centre backs had ok game.
Rose doesn't convince me yet.
Dier, Winks and Dembele were shiite. Glad to see Wanyama back.
Eriksen and Kane were between ok and shiite.
Son, Lamela and Lucas did good.

Good refereeing as much as humanly possible.
Pochettino must be wondering what he has to do. I miss the old White Hart Lane. Get us out of Wembley.

On the Trippier front, he could have redeemed himself with the free kick. Not happy it went to Eriksen.

My team for next game

..................Vorm (unfortunately)......
Tripper....Toby.......Vert.........Davies
.............Wanyama....Winks............
Lucas...........Eriksen.........Dele/Lamela
...................Son........................

Just give Kane a week or two off.

Robbed of a clear penalty at the end there. Even if we were rubbish, we still should have had the opportunity to get a draw there.

Terrible performance overall though. So many mistakes on the ball in midfield and at the back even if situations when we weren't even under much pressure. Dembele and Dier the worst culprits. And when we settled on the ball we couldn't find a way forward. We ended up hitting a lot of hopeful long balls. The only times we looked dangerous were on the few occasions when Alderweireld found someone out wide in space. If Moura's chance had gone in it could have been different, of course, but the finish wasn't good enough. Lamela looked good. Should start on Tuesday.

Since we sparked them 4-1 last season they’ve had a great record, and carried it into this season. They will push City hard, it’s hilarious some still try and belittle Liverpool....

I’ll agree they’re a good team when they have the results to show it.

Their “great record” last season was worse than our results.

Their midfield will tire (Milner) and their defence isn’t quite good enough to compensate.

Today, and on all cylinders, they are great though.

We were also terrible.

All that talk in the week and we give a pathetic performance! Truely awful. We were scared of them. Poch has to take some blame. Tactics all wrong.

Back