• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Bloody hell. It's been a while, hasn't it. He's clocked in well over 200 appearances for us, averaging almost 40 games a season.

One of my all time favourite Spurs players. Loved having him here but he really should have played at a higher level.

One of my all time favourite Spurs players. Loved having him here but he really should have played at a higher level.

I know what you’re saying and I love the big man too but he’s playing for a side who challenges for the Premier League and regularly plays in the Champions League.

He’s at the top table with us in terms of football.

He didn't really become a top player until he was about 27 (Poch's second season) though.

The shame of his career was that he didn't have better coaching when he was younger.
He was quality alongside Sandro under AVB also, we totally dominated centre midfield in those days as well. Trouble was the options ahead of those two, it was basically just give it to Bale, nothing like the attacking movement and plan we see now.

Last edited:
Had he been coached properly he wouldn't have played here .... probably would have created a new phenomenon "the dembele position".

One of the most dominant central midfield players I have seen at Spurs and let’s face it we have had some greats. He will be very difficult to replace. His dominance reminds me a little of how Souness used to dominate for Liverpool in the early 80s - although Souness was a dirty b**stard.

He was quality alongside Sandro under AVB also, we totally dominated centre midfield in those days as well. Trouble was the options ahead of those two, it was basically just give it to Bale, nothing like the attacking movement and plan we see now.
He was also quality at Fulham which was why we bought him in the first place. It was only during AVB’s second season that his game stalled, due as you say to the lack of movement in front of him as well as our general brickness.

He was also quality at Fulham which was why we bought him in the first place. It was only during AVB’s second season that his game stalled, due as you say to the lack of movement in front of him as well as our general brickness.

Fulham was an interesting one - we bought him off of the back of one good season at CM.

He joined there as striker, got moved to wide forward/winger/AM - nothing stuck. Then played a season at CM and was something of a revelation, so we bought him.

Hughes didnt really know what to do with him. Neither, really, did AVB or Sherwood.

He is such a unique player its not easy to get the best out of him/the team around him.

I was watching him against United and the thing that stuck in my mind was that he is unplayable but it's also damn near impossible to copy what he does. The way he cuts back and changes direction, often leaving the ball behind and completely fooling the opposition is so unconventional its probably not teachable. Special player and I hope we nurse him through this season and have him firing for big games.

Cost us the semi final against man u last season. Good player but has more brain farts in him the Dier in big games.

Typical Tottenham player can do it when he wants but fudge up in big matches when the is pressure on him.

I actually love him as would anyone who has watched him regularly over 5 seasons, been a great player for us and that is what fans should remember not how he goes missing in big games.

He was pretty ordinary in his first couple of seasons. held onto the ball for too long and dribbled into blind alleys. Got better real quick under Poch.
Completely disagree, it’s a revionist view of his first season alongside Sandro and an incorrect apportioning of blame on him of his 2nd season due to a terrible attacking side with zero movement and options. Not saying his 2nd season was good by the way, but that Poch improving our attacking options helped Moussa, not necessarily improving Moussa directly.

He was also basically out in the cold in Pochs first season as well, so didn’t “get better real quick” either!

Last edited:
Back