• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Crazy Gang

Grays_1890

Colin Calderwood
Watched the BT Sport film again last night, wow what a nightmare story that is. John Fash talks like a real nut job, weird fella that

Biggest load of thugs i have ever seen on a football pitch.

The most sickening thing was the way the media promoted them as fun guys and a breath of fresh air in the game. They were no more than a Sunday morning football team looking to intimidate everyone on the pitch. I will never forget the horrific assault Fashanu committed on Mabbutt which almost caused him to lose an eye or the cowardly inaction of "top ref" Keith Hackett, but no surprise with him as he allowed Man. City to kick lumps out of us in the 81 cup final.

Fashanu was proper scum. Didn’t he and John Scales not speak. Lawrie Sanchez as well. Some of the stories of what the prick did are sickening. Worse than Jones.

I interviewed one of the players who played in that team a while back and he did tell some genuinely funny stories though. He had to grow up quick there but enjoyed it.

The most sickening thing was the way the media promoted them as fun guys and a breath of fresh air in the game. They were no more than a Sunday morning football team looking to intimidate everyone on the pitch. I will never forget the horrific assault Fashanu committed on Mabbutt which almost caused him to lose an eye or the cowardly inaction of "top ref" Keith Hackett, but no surprise with him as he allowed Man. City to kick lumps out of us in the 81 cup final.

I was in the West Stand Lower that evening and saw Mabbs on the stretcher close-up...His bruised up face is still vivid to me.

Last edited:

Jones got a yellow for this..o_O

The Elbow was bad enough and the fact he can laugh about is shows a total lack of class.

But the worst thing for me was when Vinnie Jones ended Gary Stevens career. I Was at that game in the East Lower and it was almost right in front of me. Just came over whilst Stevens was battling for a ball with another Dons player and he cleared the ball and Stevens out in a massive overboard challenged. Any game these days it would have been a straight booking. Those days as he took the ball first what happened to the man was not an issue. No Booking and Stevens Career Ended. Scum.

I was sad for their fans when their club got stolen so have a soft spot for AFC Wimbledon. But that team was just a bunch of pure thugs that only got away with it before the game changed.

The Elbow was bad enough and the fact he can laugh about is shows a total lack of class.

But the worst thing for me was when Vinnie Jones ended Gary Stevens career. I Was at that game in the East Lower and it was almost right in front of me. Just came over whilst Stevens was battling for a ball with another Dons player and he cleared the ball and Stevens out in a massive overboard challenged. Any game these days it would have been a straight booking. Those days as he took the ball first what happened to the man was not an issue. No Booking and Stevens Career Ended. Scum.

I was sad for their fans when their club got stolen so have a soft spot for AFC Wimbledon. But that team was just a bunch of pure thugs that only got away with it before the game changed.

You will probably laugh at this but i was there as well and it was a disgusting display by Bassets team. I was so annoyed i actually wrote a later to him at the club ( honest it was stupid i know). I told him that his team was a disgrace and if that was how his team were going to carry on then i hoped they would fall back to none league football very quickly.

I can not stand the guy but to give him his due he did reply ( i still have the letter somewhere in my football stuff) he said he was sorry i did not like his team but contrary to public opinion he did not keep his team in cages and feed them raw meat.

Back