• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carabao Cup draw - The road to Wembley (Via Milton Keynes!)

spursfan1976

Willem Korsten
"Home" to Watford -

Tottenham's tie with Watford could be played almost 50 miles away from Wembley at MK Dons' Stadium MK.

The national stadium, where Spurs are playing home games while their new ground is built, is unavailable during third round week.

"As a result of both our new stadium and Wembley being unavailable during this week, we have applied to the EFL board for special dispensation to play this tie at Stadium MK," said a Spurs statement.

"We appreciate that Stadium MK may not be an ideal destination for every fan to get to on a weekday evening, however the club felt it would not be beneficial to request a reverse of the fixture as it would have resulted in no more than a 10% allocation of tickets for our supporters at the venue of our opponents."

Third round draw
West Brom v Crystal Palace

Arsenal v Brentford

Burton Albion v Burnley

Wycombe v Norwich

Oxford United v Emirates Marketing Project

West Ham v Macclesfield

Millwall v Fulham

Liverpool v Chelsea

Bournemouth v Blackburn

Preston v Middlesbrough

Wolves v Leicester

Tottenham v Watford

Blackpool v QPR

Everton v Southampton

Man Utd v Derby

Nottingham Forest v Stoke

Ties to be played in week commencing 24 September.

:D We're surely trolling the other English clubs now. Just how many home stadia can we play at this season?

In fact, having said that, what is the record for an English club with regards to number of home stadia in one season?

Having said that, reasonable draw, will hopefully go through.

Not a great draw, but sensible option playing at Stadium.mk, despite what the Trust have to say about it.

Not a great draw, but sensible option playing at Stadium.mk, despite what the Trust have to say about it.

The Trust are getting a lot of flak this time round for their statement, and rightly so imo.
It's one thing to allude to the controversy around the existence of MK Dons in the first place (and to say they won't be attending themselves if they feel they need to make their position clear), but to "urge fans to consider..." is tantamount to suggesting a boycott. Which is out of order.

The Trust are getting a lot of flak this time round for their statement, and rightly so imo.
It's one thing to allude to the controversy around the existence of MK Dons in the first place (and to say they won't be attending themselves if they feel they need to make their position clear), but to "urge fans to consider..." is tantamount to suggesting a boycott. Which is out of order.
I'm sure that answer to this will result in me wasting a chunk of my life reading a poorly written stream of consciousness, full of unwarranted entitlement, but what did they say?

I'm sure that answer to this will result in me wasting a chunk of my life reading a poorly written stream of consciousness, full of unwarranted entitlement, but what did they say?

THFC has confirmed it has asked the EFL for dispensation to play its third round Carabao Cup tie at Stadium MK. We understand the application for dispensation had to be submitted before the draw at home to Watford was made, and that the EFL have yet to make the final decision on where the tie is played. We also understand it is not possible for THFC to alter their request at this stage.

Earlier this month, the Club asked THST to help gauge fan opinion on a possible change of home venue given both Wembley and our new stadium were unavailable during w/c 24 September.

The results of our survey showed a marginal preference for playing at an alternative home venue as opposed to flipping the tie (46% v 43%). The Club also had a strong preference for not giving up home advantage. And 70% of fans in the survey wanted the alternative venue to be within the M25.

We appreciate it was always going to be difficult to find a suitable venue within those parameters.

As a supporters’ organisation, we would obviously not be happy to see our club’s home games moved to Stadium MK. Should the game go ahead, we would urge fans to consider the history of the MK club and the views of our friends at AFC Wimbledon.

Board members of THST will not be attending the match if it is played at Stadium MK.

http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/thfc-in-the-league-cup

In what way are AFC Wimbledon our friends? Heartwarming story, and all that - unless you're Kingstonian, or recall Wimbledon's brickhousery of yore - but that doesn't mean we're mates. Selling us Dele for tuppence ha'penny, though, that should sit in the favour bank.

One Supporters Trust to another is about the sum of it I think.

I really don’t have an issue with MK Dons, Wimbledon were always a joke, giving a 75% allocation to away fans, the AFC Wimbledon lot had 30 years to show up at Plough Lane/Selhurst Park and didn’t bother.

MK Dons have an average attendance double that of AFC Dons, good luck to them I say, and fudge the noisy upstarts, who I fully expect to fade into irrelevance when the novelty wears off.

As for the trust, fudge them too.

THFC has confirmed it has asked the EFL for dispensation to play its third round Carabao Cup tie at Stadium MK. We understand the application for dispensation had to be submitted before the draw at home to Watford was made, and that the EFL have yet to make the final decision on where the tie is played. We also understand it is not possible for THFC to alter their request at this stage.

Earlier this month, the Club asked THST to help gauge fan opinion on a possible change of home venue given both Wembley and our new stadium were unavailable during w/c 24 September.

The results of our survey showed a marginal preference for playing at an alternative home venue as opposed to flipping the tie (46% v 43%). The Club also had a strong preference for not giving up home advantage. And 70% of fans in the survey wanted the alternative venue to be within the M25.

We appreciate it was always going to be difficult to find a suitable venue within those parameters.

As a supporters’ organisation, we would obviously not be happy to see our club’s home games moved to Stadium MK. Should the game go ahead, we would urge fans to consider the history of the MK club and the views of our friends at AFC Wimbledon.

Board members of THST will not be attending the match if it is played at Stadium MK.

http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/thfc-in-the-league-cup
tossers.

Yep. I’ve long had an issue with the Trust. They are supposed to speak on behalf of and represent the majority Spurs fans, yet their constant statements are nothing more than self serving nonsense.

In what way are AFC Wimbledon our friends? Heartwarming story, and all that - unless you're Kingstonian, or recall Wimbledon's brickhousery of yore - but that doesn't mean we're mates. Selling us Dele for tuppence ha'penny, though, that should sit in the favour bank.

This is the thing. Poor old AFC, lets back them - while they trample all over Kingstonian. Poor little lambs, they really deserve our completely unrelated support, we should boycott anything to do with MK...

Yep. I’ve long had an issue with the Trust. They are supposed to speak on behalf of and represent the majority Spurs fans, yet their constant statements are nothing more than self serving nonsense.

No. I don't think I have ever heard them say they speak on behalf or represent a majority of Spurs fans.

I believe it's all the supporters trusts stance, not just ours.

I'm not bothered about MK or AFC, so it has zero impact on me.

As has been pointed out AFC have fudged over smaller clubs to get where they are is hypercritical to the max.

For what it's worth I think we should have supported a smaller local club - Orient/Barnet or reversed it.

Back