• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

Was gonna say the same thing, he's out of contract this summer so unless we did a deal with him over the summer (highly unlikely to say the least), this is his shop window loan.

Good. Technical league, hopefully with a bit less pressure and away from any negative influences in his life. I hope he can get some confidence and discipline playing men's football over there.

I honestly thought that this was his last year with us. Glad that it's not, although it's going to take a great season on and off the pitch to turn things around for him.

Fingers crossed. Loans are always hit and miss. Signings often take 6 months to a year to settle, so loans have to 'click' and fall into place very quickly. Number one is that the club needs the player. I think that is key for Edwards. If he is needed he will excell. He needs to play week in and out, even if initially coming off the bench. He has a lot to offer.

I am glad Poch is pragmatic and loaning players again. Will be interesting to see how he gets on... Where is @AjaxDeSuperYids to update us on his club S.B.V. Excelsior?

Excelsior is the smallest club, both in terms of budget (I think) and in terms of support, in the Eredivisie. But they are known for their cultured football, and for giving youth a chance - and despite the odds, they manage to survive every year when bigger clubs (Twente for example) are relegated. Van Persie played at Excelsior for a season before he broke into the first team at Feyenoord. Unlike at some other clubs in the Eredivisie, expectations are low - which might be part of the reason why the move could be the right one for him. His arrival has not been generated much attention in the Dutch press so far (from what I've seen), and he might well get lots of playing time.

Back