• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

That run through the middle with the ball had us all cheering like mad, he looks like he is getting fitter and if that is the case he will surprise a few of our fans who have doubted him at times. What with Winks coming back and Dembélé looking the part in his cameos and If we get Wanyama back fit we are going to look strong again.

Note he was half way into OUR half when he got the ball, he turned and sprinted into the centre circle, skipped past half way, ran out of the centre circle and arrowed between 4 players... they took a while to engage with him, but he did fantastically to burst into space and commit players, leaving Kane a great chance

That run through the middle with the ball had us all cheering like mad, he looks like he is getting fitter and if that is the case he will surprise a few of our fans who have doubted him at times. What with Winks coming back and Dembélé looking the part in his cameos and If we get Wanyama back fit we are going to look strong again.
Even without Grealish?

I too was really pleased to see Lamela run at the Fulham defense, before sliding the ball to Kane, long may it continue. He seemed faster than he has before, but perhaps that is because we were counter attacking and there was more space; too often, when defenses are set up he is moving more slowly rolling his foot over the ball. What I liked best on Saturday was that he came on just before Trippier scored and the announcers, after Trippier's free kick, were saying things about how Poch probably wished he'd left Dier on now that Spurs were ahead, wished he hadn't made such an attacking substitution, etc. It was amazing to me (perhaps I'm naïve) that professional announcers could be so clueless as to Lamela's defensive capabilities.

I too was really pleased to see Lamela run at the Fulham defense, before sliding the ball to Kane, long may it continue. He seemed faster than he has before, but perhaps that is because we were counter attacking and there was more space; too often, when defenses are set up he is moving more slowly rolling his foot over the ball. What I liked best on Saturday was that he came on just before Trippier scored and the announcers, after Trippier's free kick, were saying things about how Poch probably wished he'd left Dier on now that Spurs were ahead, wished he hadn't made such an attacking substitution, etc. It was amazing to me (perhaps I'm naïve) that professional announcers could be so clueless as to Lamela's defensive capabilities.
I was thinking the same thing. "Have you no idea what a defensive beast this guy is?"

Just imagine what the score would have been had he played.

Man Utd 0 Tottenham 8...

And Mou's post match press conference,

"we lost 8-0 , we spent half a billion on players not 2 billion, only haaaalf a billion, they had Erik Lamela! ....8-0 , only eiiiiiiight-0, despite them having Erik Lamela. Tactically we were better but they had Erik Lamela...I deserve respect!"

Back