• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best film of the 80s - Top Gun v Scarface

Which film is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Watched Top Gun recently - for the first time.

What an absolutely dreadful piece of poo it was. Amazed what all the fuss was/is about.

Watched Top Gun recently - for the first time.

What an absolutely dreadful piece of poo it was. Amazed what all the fuss was/is about.

I have never got around to watching it. (And on 80s chick films, I think I must be the only person who has never watched Dirty Dancing either).
So I would have to vote Scarface by default.

There is another film (yet to come) on this list which I think is also partly to blame but isn't Top Gun where it all started going wrong?

Last edited:
I love Top Gun, magnificent fun, yes Tom Cruise can only play Tom Cruise, but he’s awesome at playing Tom Cruise and Tom Cruise is main character in this film, who else could do it?

Scarface isn’t half as good as it could be.

The last few Mission Impossible films have been very good and Cruise has been good in them. They brick on the recent Bond films.

If Top Gun wins Chich is going to make his directorial debut with a remake of the volleyball scene, with the actors replaced by the forum mods, and the beach by a paddling pool full of custard. 10 people don't want to deny him that special moment in his life.

He'll switch the location to Lancing Leisure Centre though

Back