• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

The mood music suggests to me that it’ll be the new year before we’re in. I’m not really fussed - it’ll be ready when it’s ready. I’d prefer it took another few months if it means it’s properly finished before the first game there.

I am not to bothered when we move in, but I would prefer not to burn to death when I am at a game so can wait till its safe.

It's just Chinese Whispers. They need to test the system fully (every circuit) to get full sign-off; I very much doubt they have to strip out physical wiring, that makes no sense to me... although it would account for a long delay (rather than just rewiring a smaller section, or reprogramming the software).

I wonder if we'll ever find out precisely what is wrong.

I suspect not. That is a massive financial situation. Liabilities to be proven and what-not...I think it will remain under-wraps until a conclusive decision is made, and even then we may never know.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Some people are still surprisingly bullish and dismissive of rumours (which yes, often generally are complete bs) regarding the stadium build despite them ultimately having proven to be true.

I hope that it is ready for Emirates Marketing Project but quite concerning that was a tbc.

If we keep on delaying more than we already have, you can't help but feel we've scored a bit of a pr own goal, for the absolute last thing we would want to have bad pr for.

Who posted the rumour that a critical safety failure would cause a delay? They deserve an apology for being doubted. Those who claimed that the build was way behind schedule don't, not unless we get evidence that the stated reason is a cover-up for the real reason.

The real PR own goal would be if the club have really invented a story to avoid admitting being behind schedule. This will eventually be found out if true and would portray the club in seriously bad light. It could also open them up to liability if they were selling tickets and packages while knowing it wouldn't be ready. This would be incredibly stupid.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/august/stadium-update-for-cup-games/

We have agreed with UEFA that the first home matchday of this season’s Champions League group stage, scheduled on either matchday one (week commencing 17 September) or matchday two (week commencing 1 October), will be staged at Wembley Stadium.

Both matchdays are due to take place between our two Premier League home fixtures against Liverpool (Saturday 15 September) and Cardiff City (Saturday 6 October), which we confirmed last week had been switched to Wembley.

As a further update, should we be drawn at home in Round Three of the Carabao Cup (week commencing 24 September), then we can apply for special dispensation from the EFL board to reverse the fixture or play at a neutral venue as both our new stadium and Wembley are unavailable during this week.

Back