• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

He completely turned the game on its head when he came on; took it by the scruff of the neck and literally pushed us over the winning line.

Can someone please explain why we are not throwing the bank to get him to sign an extension? Even if he plays just the last 30 minutes of every match, whatever we pay him will be worth it.

He completely turned the game on its head when he came on; took it by the scruff of the neck and literally pushed us over the winning line.

Can someone please explain why we are not throwing the bank to get him to sign an extension? Even if he plays just the last 30 minutes of every match, whatever we pay him will be worth it.

He might not want to. For all we know, he fancies a big money move to an easy league like China, to give his body a rest and make £300k per week or whatever.

Much as I love him I think hes a player who has never reach his full potential, has virtually everything you need in a midfield player but gets gradually worse the nearer he gets to the opponents goal.

Much as I love him I think hes a player who has never reach his full potential, has virtually everything you need in a midfield player but gets gradually worse the nearer he gets to the opponents goal.
zzzzz
Why is it only Moussa who gets analysed In this why? No matter what he does it’s always “with the ability he has he should be doing better”. he's About as much of a threat in front of goal as Modric is. They’ll both do for me thanks!

Regardless of whether he's fulfilled his potential, it would cost tens of millions £ to replace him and we probably wouldnt be able to compete with other clubs who wanted that sort of player. I'm guessing we've only offered him say a 2 year extension at perhaps £120k per week, and he thinks he might get 3-4 years at £200k - £300k in China, Qatar etc

We very much need him. He knits together the team and helps us control games. He's been written off time and again by some @parklane1 :) but he always comes back with a shimmy leaving midfielders in his wake or on the floor.

Turned the game in our favour today. Dier was struggling to contain attacks until the moose came on. Agree must not let him go until we find a suitable replacement. Today just emphasises what an important player he is and has been for us. Weird that a player who is so influential for us receives such a lot of criticism by a sizeable section of our fan base.

Turned the game in our favour today. Dier was struggling to contain attacks until the moose came on. Agree must not let him go until we find a suitable replacement. Today just emphasises what an important player he is and has been for us. Weird that a player who is so influential for us receives such a lot of criticism by a sizeable section of our fan base.
Online. For match going fans he’s a hero.

He might not want to. For all we know, he fancies a big money move to an easy league like China, to give his body a rest and make £300k per week or whatever.

Pretty accurate. But I love his quiet, VERY quiet, but super-strong commitment to the squad. I think Toby is getting the drift too, thus he will be helpful of course. Masterful management would be to get the maximum from these two this season whilst lining up their replacements right now...which I have to believe is happening!

I'm sorry if anyone thought I was being critical of Demebele, I think he is an immense player for us and will be impossible to replace, but I just feel if he had been more effective in the final third he would have been one of the world greats and left us a lot sooner to one of the giants, and so in a way its worked out well for us.

I'm sorry if anyone thought I was being critical of Demebele, I think he is an immense player for us and will be impossible to replace, but I just feel if he had been more effective in the final third he would have been one of the world greats and left us a lot sooner to one of the giants, and so in a way its worked out well for us.
I think if he had goals to his game your talking about another Maradona and he certainly wouldn’t be playing for us!

Pretty accurate. But I love his quiet, VERY quiet, but super-strong commitment to the squad. I think Toby is getting the drift too, thus he will be helpful of course. Masterful management would be to get the maximum from these two this season whilst lining up their replacements right now...which I have to believe is happening!
Hopefully the replacements are already in the squad in Sanchez and Winks. Signing replacements for players like Alderweireld and Dembele expecting them to come in and do a great job straight away is a very difficult task.

Masterful management, succeeding at that first rask, would be the "replacements" for Sanchez and Winks as they move into automatic starting roles to also already be in the squad. Onomah, Skipp, Foyth, CCV...

If that fails, as it might, we can move into the market. Hopefully with potential signings already being identified as you say.

The players that don't get (much) criticism are the ones that are undoubtedly at a level where if richer clubs could sign them for a reasonable fee they would be out the door. Kane, Alli, Alderweireld, Eriksen, maybe Lloris. I don't think Dembele is at that level, and he gets criticism. Some of it unfair, like Son, Lamela, Vertonghen, Walker, Trippier and most others have at various times.

Dembele has been our best midfielder all in all post Modric. He's a wonderful player and the things he does well is at a world class level. We couldn't sign a player that does the things he does well at that level I think. But he has weaknesses, more so than our best players imo. So he gets his share of fair and unfair criticism.

I think if he had goals to his game your talking about another Maradona and he certainly wouldn’t be playing for us!
He looked like another O Fenômeno at the start of his career but (as you say) he’d have ended up at the likes of Barca if he’d kept on scoring wonder goals like this!

Remains a great super-sub for Poch to have on the bench when a game is in the balance though, as few players can hold the ball up like our Dembele.

FWIW, and full disclosure, I was happy to let him go, however if he is to be used like this by the manager then I am there for him!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Said more or less the same thing in this thread. That is twice now this season that Poch has put him on in the second half and he showed what he could do. If Poch uses him like this is his still a very important player for us.

Back