• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara
Enjoyed that a lot, as did Goneril. She demanded a shirt after Trippier’s goal; I said she can have one if she watches us lose and still wants it.

Eriksen and Kane disappointing, glad we didn’t splash out on Sessegnon, who barely got involved for most of the match.

But great to see the Moose back doing what he does best, Lamela’s charge through Fulham was fantastic, and Winks reappearing was icing on the cake. So Poch MOTM for shrewd, timely, match winning substitutions. Dele, Trippier and Toby all looking good too of course. Unsure about Moura, does a good goal make up for the misses? I do like the way the floodlights bounce off his shiny bonce though.

Given how impossible it will be to get tickets to the Temple of Cheese, I’m secretly quite pleased that Liverpool looks nailed on to go to general sale. Looking forward to it.

In both games, he's made descisive relatively early subs. Which Poch was criticised for last season. Much better from El Guru. Was the only major criticism of him from last season.

Moura was the muts nuts. Getting into those goal scoring postions, a cultured perfect finish, closing down all game tirelessly, and the headed chance and 1-1 against the keeper weren't gimmes. With those fast players, somtimes they are only good for a handful of sprints and then they lose their edge. But Moura was like the Durcel Bunny yesterday, kept running and getting into their face. Kane and Eriksen look a little tired still, and so they might after last season and then leading thier respective countries in the summer. How Poch manages them this season might be crucial.

Last edited:
Right, my mind's made up, that's my last trip to Wembley for a good long while. I'm not rebuying the Liverpool or Cardiff games, or any others that get bumped. My next live game will be in the new gaff.
Is that based on the atmosphere or travelling to Wembley?

Oh and how impressive was Moura? Maybe MOM. Worked his socks off, could have had a few goals on another day. Always in the right place. A beautiful first time finish showing his quality.
So he missed a couple if chances but didn’t go into his shell like a couple of players have done for us. Took his goal well and I think he created a couple of chances by intercepting defensive passes which could be an asset considering the number of teams who insist playing out from the back. Looks like a good alternative to Son and him and Lamela could give us a very aggressive high press.

Enjoyed that a lot, as did Goneril. She demanded a shirt after Trippier’s goal; I said she can have one if she watches us lose and still wants it.

Eriksen and Kane disappointing, glad we didn’t splash out on Sessegnon, who barely got involved for most of the match.

But great to see the Moose back doing what he does best, Lamela’s charge through Fulham was fantastic, and Winks reappearing was icing on the cake. So Poch MOTM for shrewd, timely, match winning substitutions. Dele, Trippier and Toby all looking good too of course. Unsure about Moura, does a good goal make up for the misses? I do like the way the floodlights bounce off his shiny bonce though.

Given how impossible it will be to get tickets to the Temple of Cheese, I’m secretly quite pleased that Liverpool looks nailed on to go to general sale. Looking forward to it.
How very humble of you to credit the team and Poch. It was all down to the OMT, Shakespearean references and childhood haircuts may have to join the badger as prerequisites!

Kane and Eriksen look a little tired still, and so they might after last season and then leading thier respective countries in the summer. How Poch manages them this season might be crucial.
Maybe Son, Moura and a revitalised Lamela could give us an occasional option of a pacey direct front 3 to try and blow teams away early in a game not unlike Liverpool do. Then we can bring on the likes of Kane, Eriksen, Dembele and Winks to control the game on 60 mins if need be to keep a wider pool of players fresh / rested throughout the season.

Maybe. On the other hand, keeping him fit and sharp, and introducing him every week on 60 minutes might win us the league.

Was going to reply similarly - having him off the bench to close games out/wrestle back control could be a real ace up our sleeves this season, but then away to United may be the type of game we need him on from the beginning?

Was going to reply similarly - having him off the bench to close games out/wrestle back control could be a real ace up our sleeves this season, but then away to United may be the type of game we need him on from the beginning?

I suppose whether we eke him out or not depends on how Winks does. Anyway, very glad that we seem to have kept him for at least another year.

Many think Lamela should release the ball earlier, but what he wants, is for the defenders to commit before he passes, that way it takes them completely out, and it takes them more time to get back in position, often too late. It's brilliant.

Yep, yep, yep! He's always looking for this. Doesn't always come off, of course, but very effective when it does. Brilliant run from him yesterday.

Many think Lamela should release the ball earlier, but what he wants, is for the defenders to commit before he passes, that way it takes them completely out, and it takes them more time to get back in position, often too late. It's brilliant.
Agreed. Sign of confidence for me. Would be easier to play the ball early, or make a safe turn and find another midfielder.

Situations like this one is where Lamela has been rightly criticised in the past. This one he got spot on, hopefully more of this to come. I also liked his shot, wasn't a good finish, but the right idea. Similarly to the assist a situation where he's too often looked short on confidence and indecisive.

Fed up with the whole thing, really, from filtering through traffic on the North Circ. on the way there to the performance getting in, the zombie shuffle at the end of the game and the ride back again. I've never liked Wembley.
I know what you mean by the zombie shuffle, I did find a way to get out which meant you could take a longer route but at least be walking all the way. The fact there were so many ways to leave the old ground was something I took for granted, the walk to seven sisters was actually an advantage a good way to thin the crowd out and take stock of the game.

With Wemble, instead of diluting the ST holders in similar blocks I wish they’d kept larger pockets of us based on the old seating arrangements together, it’s easier for like minded people to try and whip up a song than just 3 or 4 surrounded by randoms / newbies, who in turn can establish their own behaviours in their new ‘pocket’.

I reserve the right to moan about Poch's substitutions when they are too late and/or wrong.

And I reserve the right to say that today his subs were spot on, perfect.

And his line up was good - I agree that 3 at the back versus "just Mitrovich" is an issue, but it is nice to see those players on the pitch and we did outclass Fulham for 80% of that game.

We don't have oodles of depth, but when humanoids are fit we do have some depth with Winks, Dimples, Lamela all coming on and no need for Son, Rose, Aurier, Sissy.

it's just a hunch - Poch wanted to give the three at the back a run out with next week's away game at Man Utd game in mind.

Back