• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I've heard it's been an open secret for weeks that the subcontractors were way behind schedule on the build and that they've been grumbling about the chairman keeping on changing the specs. "They would say that," I hear you say. No smoke without fire, for me.

I've heard it's been an open secret for weeks that the subcontractors were way behind schedule on the build and that they've been grumbling about the chairman keeping on changing the specs. "They would say that," I hear you say. No smoke without fire, for me.
I reckon if there was a single thing wrong with the statement Spurs made laying the blame at Mace for the security issues then Mace would have kicked up a fuss, they haven’t.

Truth seems to be that the build was going along just fine, but someone ducked up the whole safety system and it needs re-wiring/sorting. It’s a shame THFC hadn’t hired some pros on here as they noticed the safety issue months ago!

I reckon if there was a single thing wrong with the statement Spurs made laying the blame at Mace for the security issues then Mace would have kicked up a fuss, they haven’t.

Truth seems to be that the build was going along just fine, but someone ducked up the whole safety system and it needs re-wiring/sorting. It’s a shame THFC hadn’t hired some pros on here as they noticed the safety issue months ago!

Personally, my feeling is that there have probably been multifarious issues, but the fire safety thing eclipses the others and so is a hook to hang the HAT on.

Last edited:
Some people are still surprisingly bullish and dismissive of rumours (which yes, often generally are complete bs) regarding the stadium build despite them ultimately having proven to be true.

I hope that it is ready for Emirates Marketing Project but quite concerning that was a tbc.

If we keep on delaying more than we already have, you can't help but feel we've scored a bit of a pr own goal, for the absolute last thing we would want to have bad pr for.

I couldn't give a toss now; it'll be ready when it's ready. I'm just not going to Wembley any more and I want my money back for any games I can't go to in the new stadium, and without being required to provide an interest-free loan for a year.

Some people are still surprisingly bullish and dismissive of rumours (which yes, often generally are complete bs) regarding the stadium build despite them ultimately having proven to be true.

I hope that it is ready for Emirates Marketing Project but quite concerning that was a tbc.

If we keep on delaying more than we already have, you can't help but feel we've scored a bit of a pr own goal, for the absolute last thing we would want to have bad pr for.

I think it’s clear it isn’t going of be ready for City. The fact theirbtakking about where to play it publicly (Poch press conference) confirms to me that their not planning on anything other than Wembley

Depending on who you believe their having to go back and require every fireball circuit ... that’s a lot of cable and just seems bizarre. If there is a fault your system would identify the offending area and you fix that. A complete rewire at this stage is horrendous and very very costly

If we play the City game at Wembley (say on the monday) the builders would have 1 more month until the chelsea game.

With the Emirates Marketing Project game being TBC I get the feeling the rush to complete has gone. The funny thing is if the club had said from the beginning the ground would have been ready by Christmas but you needed to buy a Wembley ST to get a NWHL ST I don’t think there would have been an issue for most fans. It feels like there has been some creep in the requirements and an initial overly ambitious attempt to deliver in time for the new season. Once two stadiums in a season became an option, with season ticket holders already committed the pressure on delivering by x date has been removed. Whether this will save money or increase quality of the delivery is an interesting is an interesting question for when the stadium is available (would we wait an extra 2 months to have a better launch?

Yeh there will be no rush and emphasis on quality finishing. The club have no although messy got rid of the monkey from their back

Depending on who you believe their having to go back and re wire every fireball circuit ... that’s a lot of cable and just seems bizarre. If there is a fault your system would identify the offending area and you fix that. A complete rewire at this stage is horrendous and very very costly
It's just Chinese Whispers. They need to test the system fully (every circuit) to get full sign-off; I very much doubt they have to strip out physical wiring, that makes no sense to me... although it would account for a long delay (rather than just rewiring a smaller section, or reprogramming the software).

I wonder if we'll ever find out precisely what is wrong.

It's just Chinese Whispers. They need to test the system fully (every circuit) to get full sign-off; I very much doubt they have to strip out physical wiring, that makes no sense to me... although it would account for a long delay (rather than just rewiring a smaller section, or reprogramming the software).

I wonder if we'll ever find out precisely what is wrong.

It been a while since I've been responsible for stuff like this but some common reasons for the need to do a rewire used to be if the wiring spec was wrong or it had been routed incorrectly (i.e not in the correct conduits).

But as you say it's all chinese whispers and uneducated (by me at least) speculation and opinion

The mood music suggests to me that it’ll be the new year before we’re in. I’m not really fussed - it’ll be ready when it’s ready. I’d prefer it took another few months if it means it’s properly finished before the first game there.

The mood music suggests to me that it’ll be the new year before we’re in. I’m not really fussed - it’ll be ready when it’s ready. I’d prefer it took another few months if it means it’s properly finished before the first game there.

I doubt it. If we were that far behind we would not have announced the test events.

Back