• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Harry will be fine -- he always has these little phases where you think "Christ, he looks phucked!" And then he goes and bangs in a couple of goals against whoever, and then a phucking avalanche of goals comes along and we're all saying he's the best number 9 around.

Just let him play imo, he'll find the groove.
Tail end of last season scoring goals but still looked out of salts.. Still best number 8 around regardless

I find it a bit odd that Moura got so much brick for missing two chances whereas Kane could have easily had a hat-trick as well. Obviously, both of them ended up scoring so I thought they both did really well. Kane seemed to stick to the striker position but once Dembele and Lamela came on, it seemed like our attacking players sealed the deal and kept Fulham pinned back.

Being able to witness Kane’s first ever league goal in the month of August just about made the 2 hour queue for a train home from Wembley Stadium worthwhile!

Look how nice that image is when you cannot see the RED sponsor! ;)

As for Harry. He was playing below himself all game, he did have some nice passes but he just looked like he was moving in mud for a lot of the time. The penalty that should probably have been only come about as he could not get his feet sorted. The Crossbar one was unlucky, then the one where he was squared too and he hit it at the Keeper. Again for me it looked like Languid movement.

Im sure he will be fine. But as some have said, he has looked like this from the tail end of the season and through the world Cup too.

As for Harry. He was playing below himself all game, he did have some nice passes but he just looked like he was moving in mud for a lot of the time. The penalty that should probably have been only come about as he could not get his feet sorted. The Crossbar one was unlucky, then the one where he was squared too and he hit it at the Keeper. Again for me it looked like Languid movement.

Im sure he will be fine. But as some have said, he has looked like this from the tail end of the season and through the world Cup too.
He’s undoubtedly looked well below his previously beastly self since that ankle injury back in March.

Guess we just have to trust Poch’s medical team and hope that Kane will be turning defenders inside out again soon.

He’s undoubtedly looked well below his previously beastly self since that ankle injury back in March.

Guess we just have to trust Poch’s medical team and hope that Kane will be turning defenders inside out again soon.

Kane said himself after the game that he feels fine. He added that players have to be fit enough for a majority of the year. Makes sense I guess once they're at that top fitness level it's easy to stay there, with the right lifestyle. We don't have much choice other than to risk Llorente in the 'easy' cup games. Or play Son/Lamela. Hard for Poch to leave him out though given he basically averages a goal a game for about the last two seasons.

I thought he looked significantly sharper than against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Some of that might have been that we were playing better as a team, but the mud he's playing in seems to be getting thinner to me.

Expecting him to be back to his best within a few weeks.

There were some sublime touches from Harry yesterday, this is a great sign.
The finish was magnificent but what I look for with Harry is weight of pass. He is fantastic passer of the ball and for me is a great measurement as to his all round game.
Harry was back! Brilliant

Last edited:
The fallout from the claimed goal last season shows the media aren't afraid to stick the boot to him

That was certain people
Liverpool fans in the press and arse fans like John Cross
They also got slated by the other press people from what I remember for doing just that

He didn’t actually perform that well in the tourney and looked knackered by the end. I initially blamed playing with Sterling for this but I now thought that makes me racist.

So now I blame Henderson.

I didn't notice anyone giving out marks for style or artistic merit.

It's football, not figure skating. They don't ask how? Just how many?

I actually found the MOTD2 thing at the end about historic days in August quite funny. I know it will be driving a lot of non Spurs fans mad, but I found it amusing.

I didn't notice anyone giving out marks for style or artistic merit.

It's football, not figure skating. They don't ask how? Just how many?
The point was about a lack of fitness / movement, so scoring a couple of pens and a deflection would not be influenced by that. Kane’s game has always been about efficiency and I concur that artistic merit is irrelevant, but in football you can ask who against and how. Kane’s ‘performances’ did deteriorate as the tourney went on, by any measurement.

Back