• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Well, he's back. And he did his job without any fuss.

The ideal would be a new contract for the guy, but I don't know if that's possible. In the absence of that new contract, him knuckling down and giving us everything he's got for a year before going wherever he pleases is fine by me.

Some sloppy passing and he had Hugo to thank for making a save after he played them onside by not holding the line.

I hope we didn’t go to a 3 today just to get him in the starting line up.

I think we did. The 3 at the back to me reduces our attacking strength. We play with 3 CBs, and 2 CDMs leaving only 2AM and 1CF to do attacks supported by the WBs.

I think we did. The 3 at the back to me reduces our attacking strength. We play with 3 CBs, and 2 CDMs leaving only 2AM and 1CF to do attacks supported by the WBs.

And yet somehow we have managed to play some of our very best football, both offensively and defensively, under Poch with 3 at the back.

Last edited:
I felt he had a good game today, makes defence better, with him in a 3 or 4 at the back we just look more solid
hope Levy offers him a bit more so we can keep him on board

Some sloppy passing and he had Hugo to thank for making a save after he played them onside by not holding the line.

I hope we didn’t go to a 3 today just to get him in the starting line up.

After a rewatch, I was wrong, it was Verts who fudged up the line giving Fulham a one on one.

Vertonghen looked a bit lumbering to me today. Struggled with things I was surprised at him for. Alderweireld was a solid 7/10, I thought.

Vertonghen looked a bit lumbering to me today. Struggled with things I was surprised at him for. Alderweireld was a solid 7/10, I thought.
Twice Verts got done for pace and looked quite slow. Toby played well but I thought he should have done more to cut out the cross that caused their goal.

Yesterday we more had one CM in Dier, then the usual 3 AMs behind Kane. It was a 3-3-3-1 more than a 3-4-2-1.

In tougher games when we use 3 at the back I imagine we'll use Dembele/Wanyama/Winks and sacrifice Moura/Son

Yesterday we more had one CM in Dier, then the usual 3 AMs behind Kane. It was a 3-3-3-1 more than a 3-4-2-1.

In tougher games when we use 3 at the back I imagine we'll use Dembele/Wanyama/Winks and sacrifice Moura/Son
Looked more like a central trio with Dier clearly anchoring, Alli and Eriksen box to box and Moura closer to Kane. But we controlled the game so well for most of the first half that we were rarely defending so Eriksen and Alli spent most of their time attacking.

Good to see him back and playing well and its in every ones interests that he plays well, we get the benefit of having a very good player and he gets the benefit of showing any interested parties ( if he wants a move in the summer) that he still has the ability of a top CB.

Not concerned whether we keep him or don’t

He has a huge say in what happens in his career now and we will go on regardless

Wouldn’t be shocked to see him sign a new deal.. or leave in jan... or leave next summer for £25m

I do think the united boat may have sailed as they will want younger players in

Back