• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara
Odd game.

Overjoyed with the 3 points. Big statement that after the week just gone.

Final ball a worry, the amount of times we hit the first man was unreal

Something still feels weak about the defence, hopefully a few more games together and it will fix itself

Toby makes our passing out from the back that much better. Brings calm as well as putting us on the front foot with long passes.

Trippier is emoldened a bigger better player now. What a FK! He's arrived. He found a lot of space on the wing with his intelligent play. Would be good for him to have options to dink balls to the edge of the box - runners into that channel before the near post that Trips can pass to, rather than hopeful crosses always. He dinked one to Eriksen was it to greater effect. Need better coordinated movement.

Our passing somtimes lacks speed/ punch, could be quicker.

The (failed) press led to their goal, with Eriksen blowing he didn't close down their FB. Could our press be more subtle sometimes? Just sit deep and press when one goes, when they sense an oppotunity rather than always?

Satisfying performance and result. Could have scored more. With Dembele and Lamela, not to mention Son, Rose, Winks, our squad looks awesome. All settled too. Even Llorente could suprise a few imo. Only sales should be Sissoko (and Aurier if someone will pay a decent fee otherwise hold, he'll improve but will he get any playing time?).

Though I dislike Wembly the team look settled playing there.

Last edited:
I have to say, I like the way we're using Dembele now.

We're not starting him straight away and then withdrawing him after 60 minutes, losing control as a result - we're instead subbing him *on* after 55-60 minutes to either take complete control of the game (as only he can do), or to shut it down.

Really good tactical move (and personnel management) by Poch there.

Right, my mind's made up, that's my last trip to Wembley for a good long while. I'm not rebuying the Liverpool or Cardiff games, or any others that get bumped. My next live game will be in the new gaff.
Thanks for clearing that up for us.

;-)

I had to make do with listening on the radio at work today. Danny Mills, what a phucking old woman.

Sounded like we created some good chances in the first half, but only scored one. Then we came out sleepy in the 2nd half, Fulham had a spell and scored one. Eventually, we took over again. Trips with the set-piece! Such a superb technical player isn't he? Harry with an August goal, they said it was a good finish. And Moura with a goal too, hopefully that will get him going.

Good result, sounded like a decent performance in patches. Bit concerned that it sounded like we struggled with crosses at times, this happened v Saudi Sportswashing Machine too. 6 points from 6, on to Old Trafford.

Oh and how impressive was Moura? Maybe MOM. Worked his socks off, could have had a few goals on another day. Always in the right place. A beautiful first time finish showing his quality.
I look forward to watching MOTD don’t want to spoil it by seeing goals online. Was at a kids birthday party all day so only found out about the result via whatsapp. Kind of nice to not watch it on here. Would have only switched it over and left when they equalised wouldn’t I....

Enjoyed that a lot, as did Goneril. She demanded a shirt after Trippier’s goal; I said she can have one if she watches us lose and still wants it.

Eriksen and Kane disappointing, glad we didn’t splash out on Sessegnon, who barely got involved for most of the match.

But great to see the Moose back doing what he does best, Lamela’s charge through Fulham was fantastic, and Winks reappearing was icing on the cake. So Poch MOTM for shrewd, timely, match winning substitutions. Dele, Trippier and Toby all looking good too of course. Unsure about Moura, does a good goal make up for the misses? I do like the way the floodlights bounce off his shiny bonce though.

Given how impossible it will be to get tickets to the Temple of Cheese, I’m secretly quite pleased that Liverpool looks nailed on to go to general sale. Looking forward to it.

Enjoyed that a lot, as did Goneril. She demanded a shirt after Trippier’s goal; I said she can have one if she watches us lose and still wants it.

Eriksen and Kane disappointing, glad we didn’t splash out on Sessegnon, who barely got involved for most of the match.

But great to see the Moose back doing what he does best, Lamela’s charge through Fulham was fantastic, and Winks reappearing was icing on the cake. So Poch MOTM for shrewd, timely, match winning substitutions. Dele, Trippier and Toby all looking good too of course. Unsure about Moura, does a good goal make up for the misses? I do like the way the floodlights bounce off his shiny bonce though.

Given how impossible it will be to get tickets to the Temple of Cheese, I’m secretly quite pleased that Liverpool looks nailed on to go to general sale. Looking forward to it.

IMO, yes. If he keeps getting into positions to score, he will put some of them away. And being able to keep going and keep your head up after missing chances and getting a goal is a very good sign imo.

Back