• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Think it's pretty obvious that Janssen is not a Premier League caliber striker, but from the outside, his treatment has seemed pretty harsh by the club. Assuming he hasn't been disruptive behind the scenes (obv we can't know), I think completely ostracizing him from the squad and taking his number publicly is a counterproductive and reflects poorly on the club. Seems more likely that he was simply the victim of awful scouting by our staff, and hopefully he can get his career back on track, albeit at a lower level. I wish we'd just take the loss and move on.

Poch clearly can't stand him for some reason or another. He made that clear a few times in his book

Think it's pretty obvious that Janssen is not a Premier League caliber striker, but from the outside, his treatment has seemed pretty harsh by the club. Assuming he hasn't been disruptive behind the scenes (obv we can't know), I think completely ostracizing him from the squad and taking his number publicly is a counterproductive and reflects poorly on the club. Seems more likely that he was simply the victim of awful scouting by our staff, and hopefully he can get his career back on track, albeit at a lower level. I wish we'd just take the loss and move on.
I posted something similar a few times, given what I’ve seen on the pitch which was just 100 % effort and perhaps a tendency to drop a little too deep I can only assume he has been a billy big gonad*s in training or in Pochs office.

I posted something similar a few times, given what I’ve seen on the pitch which was just 100 % effort and perhaps a tendency to drop a little too deep I can only assume he has been a billy big gonads in training or in Pochs office.

Yeah, I can't think of that many strikers who've succeeded in the Prem who are as slow as Janssen and not truly physically dominant like Rondon/Llorente/Crouch. He showed some decent build-up play and would make some pretty clever passes, but he just couldn't get away from anybody and missed the handful of chances he got. From the way he played and how he seemed to come off, he always seemed like a hardworker and a humble guy, but maybe there was something behind the scenes that we never saw.

Either or, time to get rid.

Poch clearly can't stand him for some reason or another. He made that clear a few times in his book

I think it is why Mitchell was ostracised and his wished not taken up on. Did he not basically say that he thought Janssen would make it because he had over come problems in his career already and it pointed to mental strength.

That was the problem with Mitchell he did not scout on actual skill and technique.

I think it is why Mitchell was ostracised and his wished not taken up on. Did he not basically say that he thought Janssen would make it because he had over come problems in his career already and it pointed to mental strength.

That was the problem with Mitchell he did not scout on actual skill and technique.

What's Mitchell up to now? Has he set up his black box task force at another club?
I had high hopes for what they were trying to do

Edit: quick Google shows Man United want him as director of football!

Serie A transfer deadline tonight. Some desperate mid-table club must have £15m spare for a clumsy no-pace CF with very low millage

Any news or injury update on Vincent? He seems to have been injured an awfully long time. In my dreams he's the next Sissoko, making a remarkable comeback instead of being the 18 million quid forgotten man.

Back