• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Who is going to America anyway? Lamela, Wanyama, Davies, Moura and the U21s.

I'm not sure Poch should be going either. He should send Dean Rastrick as manager and stay at home and work with the bulk of the squad

Taking to his official Instagram after going under the knife, Winks posted a simple message to Spurs supporters which read: "Op went well. Ready to push for pre-season."

That was at the end of May but perhaps a tad optimistic at the time.

When he's ready, I'm ready to welcome him back.

Can anyone else supporting Spurs be of a differing mindset? Proven performer and well worth the wait.

Will need 2/3 months to be back to fitness after so long out, has missed the whole pre season and doesn't look like he's back in full training yet.

He's claiming he's close to being back on his instagram. Must be fairly close to the fitness level required to be considered for selection.

Lets hope he comes back and stays injury free, imo this kid has been the brightest spark to come out of the youth for a while ( again that is just my opinion), he has a big future in front of him if he stays fit.

That is brilliant news. Hopefully, Winks and Onomah/Amos can end up being the replacements for Dembele and Sissoko.

This is a really good point and could be the silver lining of our slow summer. If he stays fit, Winks can absolutely fill that 8 role, and hopefully our recent switch to a 4-3-3/diamond shape opens up another energetic CM spot for Onomah to fill in place of Sissoko. Plus, Onomah provides some of the clever dribbling that has been Dembele's calling card for his whole career.

The 4-2-3-1 shape is tough for Josh, but I could imagine this lineup doing quite well.

----------GK-----
KT---Sanchez--JVT---Davies
----------Dier---
Winks------Onomah
--------Eriksen-----
--Dele-------Kane

And though stats aren't for everyone, I think this radar shows some insight into what Josh can do. As you can see, he has good dribbling and passing numbers for Villa last season, and even made a decent scoring contribution. It also shows that he has the tendency to give the ball away, which is obviously much more problematic in a 2-man midfield.

Dembele's radar (Just for comparison)

Poch said him, Onomah and Lamela are all pretty much in contention for tomorrow, and one of them will make the bench

Great news. That's two central midfield options and someone to keep us ticking over while Son is away and Alli is finding full fitness after his Hollywood holiday.

Back