• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

He’s having to answer questions and deal with pressures he shouldn’t have to.

Levy should come out and answer some of these questions aimed at him.

He’s answered them perfectly of course, but he shouldn’t be answering some

He may want too, ever thought of that.

Shame for Onomah as well, with those quotes.

I mean, good that he cares enough to get him a good loan but it’s hardly surprising that Villa weren’t going to play him in his best position. I thought it was a well thought-through ‘get him under a Manager that will teach him to be a man’ but it sounds like they just assumed Villa would do ok and Josh would play a lot. I hope he gets a Prem loan or just to play under a decent manager. Poch and Farke seem to get along. Get him to Norwich if a prem team won’t play him.
What comments are these on Onomah, think I missed them?

Mauricio Pochettino ready for ‘toughest challenge’ of Tottenham career
• Manager wants to win first trophy of his Spurs tenure
• Argentinian apologises over stadium delay

Mauricio Pochettino says he knew this season would be the “toughest challenge” of his Tottenham career but was determined to take it on out of a sense of gratitude to the club.

Pochettino turned down the advances of Real Madrid this summer to sign a new contract with Spurs. In the past week, however, the club have emerged from the transfer window empty-handed and postponed the opening of their new £850m stadium.
The Argentinian said he had no regrets about his decision and insisted he wants to be on “the frontline” as Spurs try to win their first trophy in his four-year period as manager. “For me it will be the toughest season and I think if we want success we have to give more than our best,” he said. “It’s not enough to give 100%, it’s 200%.

“We know from inside that it will be hard and, because we are warriors, we want to fight. We want to be proud at the end, we want success and we do not want to complain or make excuses. I am a winner and I love the challenge. We want to go again.”

The manager apologised to fans for the current uncertainty after the new White Hart Lane was found to have problems with its “critical safety systems”. Spurs will play Fulham at Wembley on Saturday and Pochettino said: “I think we all feel disappointed with the announcement from the club this week. I want to say thank you to the fans and apologise and try to reward them by winning games.

“I want to be there, in the frontline, fighting. I feel the responsibility and that is why I am here. I am very grateful to Daniel Levy. I think Tottenham gave us, me, my family and my staff, a lot of things that always we will be grateful for. This was a moment to say ‘we are going to be with you all’, because we knew what was going to happen.”

Spurs have agreed to play three Premier League fixtures at Wembley this season, but an opening date for the new White Hart Lane is still unclear with the location of the 28 October clash with Emirates Marketing Project listed as “TBC” by the club. This match cannot be played at Wembley on that date because of a pre-arranged NFL fixture and Premier League rules prevent any team from using three stadiums as their home ground in a given season.

Pochettino said he wanted the City game to be played at Wembley if White Hart Lane was not ready and would even be willing to play the day after the NFL match. “At the moment I cannot say we are going to play this game at our new stadium. If you ask me, if we can’t play there we need to find a way to play at Wembley. Maybe we need to adapt. The day after the NFL game maybe the pitch is not in the best condition but we need to make the effort and to play.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ay-play-manchester-city-wembley-day-after-nfl

He may want too, ever thought of that.
Exactly. Poch is quite happy to respond to any question, and lucky for Levy he can rely on Poch to respond in a positive thought out way.

He can deflect a bit if he wants but clearly is pulling in the same direction as DL.

I think from his comments that he has clearly had conversations with DL and has probably noted the sheer deflation and anguish this is causing the bald one hence his reference to 'all the club has done for him' and in return being a rock and a fighter during the coming months.

Bravo Poch

Don't let @scaramanga see this! at least he doesn't have a personalised number plate. Good improv from the coaching staff! Now you have an audi you no longer break door!

Nice to see that there are no fans critising his timing of his subs yesterday, mind you i have not read the match thread so i am sure there were a few bitching in there.:)
The opposite - people were praising him for making subs at the right time, because... he made subs at the right time.

It is not tricky to understand... if he makes subs at the right time he gets praise, if he waits too long, he gets criticism. He is a human being.

The opposite - people were praising him for making subs at the right time, because... he made subs at the right time.

It is not tricky to understand... if he makes subs at the right time he gets praise, if he waits too long, he gets criticism. He is a human being.

Well if you are saying we as fans know the right and the wrong times better then the manager does we are all in the wrong job. ;)

Back