• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I didn't realise Leicester City had a sister club, Leuven. Presumably their owners have a stake in each? And probably won't meet each other in Europe since Leuven are in the second div in Belgium.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oud-Heverlee_Leuven

This is all a bit smelly, diddling Sheff Weds out of a proper fee for a talented player:

Leicester City target George Hirst has signed for King Power-owned OH Leuven on a five-year deal.

Hirst was the subject of a £1million offer from City last summer, but Sheffield Wednesday, his then club, rebuffed advances.

The Owls were reportedly willing to break their wage structure to keep Hirst and offered him a new deal. However, the 19-year-old rejected an extended stay at Hillsborough and his contract expired this summer. He will join Leuven, City’s sister club in Belgium’s second tier, on July 1.

As a result of City’s rejected bid and the contract dispute, Hirst was frozen out at Wednesday last term and he did not make a single senior appearance, despite featuring as a 17-year-old the campaign before.

Although out of the frame at Wednesday, Hirst, son of former England striker David, was a regular for England Under-19s last season and 12 months ago, he impressed at the Toulon Tournament, finishing joint-top scorer alongside City’s Harvey Barnes as the Three Lions lifted the trophy.

Because Hirst was offered a new deal by Wednesday and is under the age of 23, Leuven will have to pay compensation. But because they are an overseas club, it will be a fixed tariff based on FIFA’s regulations. If City had signed Hirst, they would have had to negotiate a compensation fee with Wednesday.

At Leuven, Hirst will join City centre-back Elliott Moore, who has just agreed another season-long loan in Belgium, and Kamal Sowah, a Ghanaian youngster signed by Leicester in January and immediately loaned to the fellow King Power-owned side.

Hirst will also team up with former City boss and ex-Wednesday captain Nigel Pearson, who is in charge at Leuven.

Pearson was a big draw in Hirst’s decision.

“I am very pleased with my visit to Leuven,” Hirst told the club’s official website. “I cannot wait to train and play under Nigel Pearson, a coach that I have always admired.

EDIT - very smelly:
In September 2016, OH Leuven were caught up in an ongoing scandal affecting football in England. In relation to allegations made against individuals within English football, OH Leuven chairman Jimmy Houtput was alleged to have offered up the club as a "conduit" to allow third-party companies to gain ownership of football players in England.[2] Houtput claimed he was "merely trying to obtain the identity of the possible investor(s) and would never take part in illegal activities to circumvent the third-party ownership", but subsequently resigned as OH Leuven chairman on 30 September.[3] Later that same season, with the club struggling financially, OH Leuven was taken over by the King Power International Group lead by Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha who already owns Leicester City.[4]

Who knew Nigel Pearson was there now? Nice bit of the world Brugges and Ghent and that

I didn't realise Leicester City had a sister club, Leuven. Presumably their owners have a stake in each? And probably won't meet each other in Europe since Leuven are in the second div in Belgium.

This is all a bit smelly, diddling Sheff Weds out of a proper fee for a talented player:

Leicester City target George Hirst has signed for King Power-owned OH Leuven on a five-year deal.

Hirst was the subject of a £1million offer from City last summer, but Sheffield Wednesday, his then club, rebuffed advances.

The Owls were reportedly willing to break their wage structure to keep Hirst and offered him a new deal. However, the 19-year-old rejected an extended stay at Hillsborough and his contract expired this summer. He will join Leuven, City’s sister club in Belgium’s second tier, on July 1.

As a result of City’s rejected bid and the contract dispute, Hirst was frozen out at Wednesday last term and he did not make a single senior appearance, despite featuring as a 17-year-old the campaign before.

Although out of the frame at Wednesday, Hirst, son of former England striker David, was a regular for England Under-19s last season and 12 months ago, he impressed at the Toulon Tournament, finishing joint-top scorer alongside City’s Harvey Barnes as the Three Lions lifted the trophy.

Because Hirst was offered a new deal by Wednesday and is under the age of 23, Leuven will have to pay compensation. But because they are an overseas club, it will be a fixed tariff based on FIFA’s regulations. If City had signed Hirst, they would have had to negotiate a compensation fee with Wednesday.

At Leuven, Hirst will join City centre-back Elliott Moore, who has just agreed another season-long loan in Belgium, and Kamal Sowah, a Ghanaian youngster signed by Leicester in January and immediately loaned to the fellow King Power-owned side.

Hirst will also team up with former City boss and ex-Wednesday captain Nigel Pearson, who is in charge at Leuven.

“I am very pleased with my visit to Leuven,” Hirst told the club’s official website. “I cannot wait to train and play under Nigel Pearson, a coach that I have always admired.

EDIT - very smelly:
In September 2016, OH Leuven were caught up in an ongoing scandal affecting football in England. In relation to allegations made against individuals within English football, OH Leuven chairman Jimmy Houtput was alleged to have offered up the club as a "conduit" to allow third-party companies to gain ownership of football players in England.[2] Houtput claimed he was "merely trying to obtain the identity of the possible investor(s) and would never take part in illegal activities to circumvent the third-party ownership", but subsequently resigned as OH Leuven chairman on 30 September.[3] Later that same season, with the club struggling financially, OH Leuven was taken over by the King Power International Group lead by Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha who already owns Leicester City.[4]

Who knew Nigel Pearson was there now? Nice bit of the world Brugges and Ghent and that
No real difference to what we did with zeki

In regards to the wonder and worry over how Spurs are gonna manage their Oct. 28 match against Emirates Marketing Project:

If the NFL and Spurs are the cosy, cuddling partners they regularly claim to be, would it not make sense to move the NFL game to another venue and let Spurs play at Wembley?

Twickenham, which hosted two NFL games a week apart in October last year, is open that weekend and in the days preceding it, to allow NFL teams to visit for practice sessions. The following week, England host S'th Effrika in a rugby match. But that leaves a full week to restore the pitch. But that must be manageable because there are rugby internationals scheduled for each weekend of the month of November.

Obviously, that suggestion requires the RFU to grant their blessing. But perhaps they can hammer out a compensatory deal with Spurs to use MegaLane for a future rugby event at little or no cost in return. And they'll gain additional revenue from the NFL (and maybe Spurs) for agreeing the switch.

Is that making sense? Or is it simply too much sense?

Here's my two pence worth on the stadium issue. A construction project like this was always susceptible to delays, especially with an ambitious timeframe like we set from the outset.

Spurs are still building an absolute behemoth of a stadium which will be our home for many a decade to come. It will push us forward as a Club and allow us to be more financially 'active' if required. Whether the first game is against Liverpoo, City or Newport it doesn't really matter. By the end of the season we won't be looking back at all this delay/debate.

We're extremely lucky that Poch won't let this distract the squad. Three points and three points whether you win them at Wembley or Twickenham or new WHL. We should all chill out, let them finish the stadium under Levy's watching gaze and look forward to the future.

In regards to the wonder and worry over how Spurs are gonna manage their Oct. 28 match against Emirates Marketing Project:

If the NFL and Spurs are the cosy, cuddling partners they regularly claim to be, would it not make sense to move the NFL game to another venue and let Spurs play at Wembley?

Twickenham, which hosted two NFL games a week apart in October last year, is open that weekend and in the days preceding it, to allow NFL teams to visit for practice sessions. The following week, England host S'th Effrika in a rugby match. But that leaves a full week to restore the pitch. But that must be manageable because there are rugby internationals scheduled for each weekend of the month of November.

Obviously, that suggestion requires the RFU to grant their blessing. But perhaps they can hammer out a compensatory deal with Spurs to use MegaLane for a future rugby event at little or no cost in return. And they'll gain additional revenue from the NFL (and maybe Spurs) for agreeing the switch.

Stopped reading and started giggling after ‘S’th Effrika’

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I hope it opens for the Chelsea game on Nov 24th, 5.30pm kick off meaning the club could start the proceedings early afternoon and make a real day of it

So Audi is another minor sponsorship deal, rather than a naming rights whale.

In what fudging way do those slogans align? There is no connection between them whatsoever. Grasping for some sort of commonality does nothing more than highlight that these are two brands whose only synergy is the desire to extract cash from middle-aged men.
Shame to see us aligning with a sponsor like Audi - the car of choice for chavs now. Surely Mercedes or Jaguar would have been available for a deal.

EDIT - very smelly:

Is there some link here to the new stadium that I'm missing?

Apparently the options are limited to, either NWHL is ready or the city game has to be played at a third 'home' venue.

However Poch hinted yesterday at playing at Wembley on the Monday night, although he acknowledged the pitch wouldn't be the best following NFL the day before.

It was an interesting comment though because apparently the Friday before couldn't be considered due to the time needed to convert Wembley for NFL use, so surely converting back to football would take just as long and thus ruling out the Monday?

Shame to see us aligning with a sponsor like Audi - the car of choice for chavs now. Surely Mercedes or Jaguar would have been available for a deal.

Mercs are very downmarket now. Even I have one, just because they seemed better value than BMWs last time I went to Cargiant.

I suppose that having aspirational brands secured as secondary sponsors makes naming rights all the more attractive for a crap brand. So we get even more cash as the Goblin Meat Pudding stadium. Otherwise, it’s difficult to care.

Apparently the options are limited to, either NWHL is ready or the city game has to be played at a third 'home' venue.

However Poch hinted yesterday at playing at Wembley on the Monday night, although he acknowledged the pitch wouldn't be the best following NFL the day before.

It was an interesting comment though because apparently the Friday before couldn't be considered due to the time needed to convert Wembley for NFL use, so surely converting back to football would take just as long and thus ruling out the Monday?

I don't know how long the conversion takes, but us playing on the Monday leaves a full free day on the Sunday for the work. Playing on the Friday evening would leave just a few hours.

Back