• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Yes I realise there are 4 screens, but surely the two facing opposite you shouldn’t be obscured?

Maybe the rig will be adjusted, but I doubt it. It's probably as it will be now. But most are focused on the pitch rather than the telly! The photos are from a vantage point, so lower seats won't have any obstruction, and with 4 screens to choose from I think we'll be alright!
It's mostly the PA that is in the way. THFC have said that the speakers will be moved next summer. And the roof isn't settled yet, plus it moves slightly up/down depending on the temperature.

DkobuVoXgAAUEUf.jpg

DkobuViXoAAq5Rp.jpg

the roof is ugly not only on the outside but inside too..... look at how the floodlights bars hang all the way round, all the suspended wires as support...FUGLY, too busy, messy. Are those support wires going to remain in place?
The support wires kind of, well..... Support the roof. They're kind of essential for holding it in place...

wonder what the Mace daily charge is to Spurs. They would be paying fines I would have thought. Not worked with Mace before but lots of other large contractors.

I am sure there are penalty charges in there.

Levy said there was no fixed price as the build had too much uncertainty due to everything being unique, I guess if they get something wrong like fire safety then they have a duty to fix it.

Not for Mace and the overall project. That doesn't mean that individual subcontractors don't have penalty clauses for their parts of the project. I can imagine a few nervous executives at Critical Safety Systems Inc.

Correct, the contract with Mace has no penalties for delay in delivering the stadium over, it's a 3-phase development project where phase 2 includes the stadium and supporting areas/buildings (club shop, Tottenham experience, ticket office, south stand podium etc) and Phase 3 includes the Hotel/Apartment buildings. All these will have target dates yes but these change as certain project paths are delayed and are dynamic. Of course the aim was to have the stadium ready for opening day of the season but there's no penalty for Mace to pay THFC if those goals aren't achieved. The contract is not a fixed date nor fixed price as Levy confirmed. Which means delays could cost THFC more, not less.

I know Tyco were the installers for the fire alarm system, maybe if rumours are true its them who would have to pay fines.

So Audi is another minor sponsorship deal, rather than a naming rights whale.

The premium car marque is synonymous with progressive design and technology, as expressed by its famous Vorsprung durch Technik slogan, meaning advancement through technology. It is an ideology that aligns perfectly with Tottenham Hotspur’s similarly positive and forward-thinking motto Audere est Facere – To dare is to do.

In what fudging way do those slogans align? There is no connection between them whatsoever. Grasping for some sort of commonality does nothing more than highlight that these are two brands whose only synergy is the desire to extract cash from middle-aged men.

I think we really need to get these naming rights sorted before the champions league starts. if we go out early then we wont look as attractive for sponsors.

So Audi is another minor sponsorship deal, rather than a naming rights whale.

In what fudging way do those slogans align? There is no connection between them whatsoever. Grasping for some sort of commonality does nothing more than highlight that these are two brands whose only synergy is the desire to extract cash from middle-aged men.

Spurs and the Volkswagen Group have a very obvious connection

jrgen40_1468481207.jpg

I think we really need to get these naming rights sorted before the champions league starts. if we go out early then we wont look as attractive for sponsors.

I thought it had been confirmed that it will be the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for the season now?

You aren't allowed commercial stadium names for European competitions anyway IIRC

Spurs and the Volkswagen Group have a very obvious connection

The Volkswagen Group which was set up by the Arbeitsfront on the Fuhrer's direct orders? He even took a hand in the original car designs, IIRC. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm sure there's an element of dissonance with Spurs heritage there.

Might be safer to stick with the Audi brand.

The Volkswagen Group which was set up by the Arbeitsfront on the Fuhrer's direct orders? He even took a hand in the original car designs, IIRC. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm sure there's an element of dissonance with Spurs heritage there.

Might be safer to stick with the Audi brand.

I used to remind my dad that he worked for a rebranded IG Farben, the company that made the gas

Stuff on Twitter via SSC that the club are hiring electricians, labourers etc on 3 month contracts.

Won't be surprised if we're not in until the new year.

Correct, the contract with Mace has no penalties for delay in delivering the stadium over, it's a 3-phase development project where phase 2 includes the stadium and supporting areas/buildings (club shop, Tottenham experience, ticket office, south stand podium etc) and Phase 3 includes the Hotel/Apartment buildings. All these will have target dates yes but these change as certain project paths are delayed and are dynamic. Of course the aim was to have the stadium ready for opening day of the season but there's no penalty for Mace to pay THFC if those goals aren't achieved. The contract is not a fixed date nor fixed price as Levy confirmed. Which means delays could cost THFC more, not less.
Surely that's BAU but can they be liable for fudge ups? - simplistic I know but if my builder overruns because he knocked down a supporting wall I would expect their insurance to pick up the costs.

Last edited:
There would be claims being submitted on the relevant insurances so whoever’s fault it is the insurance companies should pick them up. Whether it be the designers fault it would fall under their Professional Indemnity policy, or Mace’s contract works policy for fudging up the build itself. No company ever really pays for the costs of a balls up unless the insurance companies deny the claim. Spurs won’t pick up these costs at all. All of the little jobs within this build would be subcontracted out. Subcontractors have to have their own insurance policies in place usually but depends on what the contracts between Mace, Spurs and the subcontractors say though, as to whose insurance policy picks up in the event of a claim.

In essence this is what happens

Mace are open book with Spurs so get paid their costs plus a margin

The subbies to mace may be on a Fixed price contract with LDs (liquidated damages) included. The subbie who has fudged up here will be liable for a make good cost to fix their error plus damages to Mace (not Tottenham).
There will be other knock on costs as part of the delay which they won’t be paying for as any competebt company will have a limit of liability clause for claims (even if their insured)... normally capped at contract value or a multiple of

Mace have to qualify and value the damages to make them “ascertained” and the subbie deducts the making from their final account, or pays cash back, or refers to a performance bond to pay

spurs would be paying for the other contractors costs that aren’t covered by the LDs

Back