• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Indeed. It was included because I have no doubt whatsoever that the NFL game being moved has potentially big ramifications. I suspect there were provisions and clause and all that, but it does not alter the fact that it won't have helped with the NFL so far as rep goes. Again, I am sure they will all be fine with each other, but anyone who thinks it will be all peace and roses is being naive IMO. The game was advertised as being at the new stadium, and you can bet there will be mentions throughout the game of "how it was meant to be at our place, etc"...so I think it is absolutely appropriate that Spurs do whatever they have to to placate any bruised NFL psyches.
Makes me think of Levy playing Harold in The Long Good Friday!

'Listen darling, this ain’t some little groovy disco number going on here. This is very big business. This is the biggest deal in Europe and I am setting it up with the biggest, hardest organisation since Hitler stuck a swastika on his jockstrap.'

So we are getting a refund if we not to choose to attend the alternative venue. That seems fair and in line with any other event I purchase a ticket for in advance that has to switch venue.

It works for me as I will take the 1/19th refund then purchase a cheap ticket from the extra available at Wembley.

Assumption here, but if it’s *just* the safety side of things and the rest is on track I can’t see it being postponed beyond the 28th......

It’s the big IF

I’m only going on what was said on the fighting rooster podcast by the Trust

The lads I know who have done the electrics are complete for their package with some small stuff to do in a week so time....

This will be bloody expensive Honeywell system or a Schneider one designed to be completely integrated but actually a lot of brick...

I think the Times are running a story today that November is the earliest that we will be in the new stadium. It is behind their paywall though so I haven't read it.

The Times story is that we may play all the group games at Wembley. While they might allow us to play one or two there and then move to NWHL, the club have to tell UEFA where the games will be played before the draw. It doesn't say the earliest is November but does point out the club have said the City game is uncertain.

Wembley may host all Spurs’ group games

Tottenham Hotspur must tell Uefa within a fortnight where they will play their home group games in the Champions League, making it increasingly likely that they will all be staged at Wembley because of the delays in construction of their new home.

Spurs will not move into their new stadium until mid-October at the earliest, owing to “issues with critical safety systems”. However, the club have to inform Uefa which venue will host their home fixtures before the draw for the Champions League group stage takes place on August 30.

Although the new stadium could be ready in time for the second and third group games, which will be played between October 23 and December 12, Uefa will demand certainty about the venue. This will put pressure on Spurs to take the safe option of committing to play all three games at Wembley.

They also have an article from Martin Cloake (THST). Nothing particlularly negative.

Tottenham Hotspur fans paid top dollar – the least we deserve is honesty
There had been a good relationship between the supporters and the club in previous seasons but that togetherness is no longer there.

Fans want a club to be clear, straight and to tell them things early on, rather than appearing to be forced into it by leaks. When the club made their statement on Monday night, fans would have liked to have seen more empathy and sincerity, as well as more focus on them rather than on the NFL. Communication needs to improve.

The club cannot compromise safety and I sensed during a conference call yesterday that they were as devastated as we were that the team cannot move to the new ground next month.

I am sure that Tottenham did not want the negative public relations, anger and annoyance of the fans, nor the present conversations with the NFL, who will need to move the Seattle Seahawks v Oakland Raiders game on October 14 to Wembley.

But when Tottenham raised ticket prices for the new stadium, despite our opposition, the expectation of fans also rose. We want what is best for the club and the fans.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...fhausen-become-clubs-official-timing-partner/

The Club has today announced IWC Schaffhausen as our Official Timing Partner. The company, which celebrates its 150th anniversary this year, is one of the leading luxury watch manufacturers from Switzerland.

The new multi-year agreement will see the brand have a strong presence across the Club’s various channels including inside our new stadium.

IWC Schaffhausen was founded in 1868 by the American watchmaking pioneer Florentine Ariosto Jones. He drew on the help of eminently qualified Swiss watchmakers, modern technology and hydropower sourced from the nearby River Rhine to manufacture pocket watches of the highest possible quality.

That's the worst timing for an announcement imaginable, 150th birthday for the watchmakers notwithstanding. Heads should roll at IWC Schaffhausen's marketing and PR department.

I think the Times are running a story today that November is the earliest that we will be in the new stadium. It is behind their paywall though so I haven't read it.
The Times story is that we may play all the group games at Wembley.

They also have an article from Martin Cloake (THST). Nothing particlularly negative.

Correction. There is another one that is more negative. The journalist (Gary Jacob) seems very thorough as has asked every worker on site for their opinion on the chances of being ready for Liverpool.

Building site shows scale of task Tottenham Hotspur are still facing

Inside, sizeable sections of the 62,062 seats are still to be installed and the pitch is yet to be laid. None of those working on the site thought there was a chance that the ground would be ready for Tottenham to play Liverpool there on September 15, as was planned, and some even say that it may be pushing it to expect the place to be operational by Christmas.

It is not what Tottenham hoped for and dreamt of when they started selling tickets and charging a £30,000 membership fee for the right to buy a pair of higher-end premium seats. There have also been big price rises for season ticket-holders.

About 3,500 people work around the clock each day on the site and a further 200 are said to have been inducted on Sunday, with some having been lured from working on Crossrail. In the middle of the morning yesterday a number of workers had been on site since 7am and were due to work for at least another ten hours. Some said they were paid double for overtime and that the money was too good to refuse. In their hour-long break, which can be split into two, they sit on the pavement and take a rest or go to one of the local cafés, kebab or fish- and-chip shops, all of which are doing a roaring trade.

When asked why the project had overrun, one contractor said: “It would take two hours to explain.” Most simply reply: “Slow progress.” The cladding has to be finished, and one estimated that the crane would be on site until October. They also said it was ambitious of the club to want to open the stadium for their game against Emirates Marketing Project on the final Sunday of that month. Even when the building work is finished, two test events with increasing attendances must be conducted for a safety certificate to be granted. The club hope that the stadium will soon be operational even if aesthetically it does not look finished.

One decorating company has been asked to double its manpower but it is concerned that, because of incomplete rooms and lounges, there will not be enough for them to do. Others complain about delays being down to their access (or lack of it), materials not being on site and an overriding lack of organisation. Some have had to undo previous building work to access certain areas, and point the finger at the large number of agency workers who are slow to get up to speed, or simply the sheer number of people, which makes it feel like they are on top of one another.

When Tottenham admitted defeat in the stadium being ready for next month, they cited issues with “critical safety systems”. It is thought that this was to do with the electrical systems and fire alarms. One worker claimed that a test failed last week.

Seats go in quickly when manpower is dedicated to it and the pitch supposedly takes a couple of days to roll out and needs a week before it's ready to play on, those are non issues and the veil isn't critical to the stadium being ready for use either - it's aesthetic.

Last edited:
Makes me think of Levy playing Harold in The Long Good Friday!

'Listen darling, this ain’t some little groovy disco number going on here. This is very big business. This is the biggest deal in Europe and I am setting it up with the biggest, hardest organisation since Hitler stuck a swastika on his jockstrap.'
Hahaha, it’s funny you should mention that, I immediately thought of the long Good Friday when the delay was announced the other day.

Correct, if we can't rearrange the fixture we're going to be docked 12 points so we've applied to use Hackney Marshes but they're having a Harvest Festival at that time, so we're going to play in Tesco car park, but only if Levy remembers to bring 4 jumpers for goalposts.

The way this week is panning out, I wouldn't be surprised :D:D

Latest rumour doing the rounds is that the fire alarm system has been sabotaged and needs a total rewire.

Funny how these types of rumours come about after announcements....

image1-2-1-1440x1080.jpeg

image2-1.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image5-1440x1080.jpeg

image8-1440x1080.jpeg

image3-1-1440x1080.jpeg

image4-1-1440x1080.jpeg

image6-1440x1080.jpeg

Back