• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best film of the 80s - The Terminator v Full Metal Jacket

Which film is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

milo

Jack L. Jones
The Terminator

Directed by James Cameron
Produced by Gale Anne Hurd
Written by James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd
Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Michael Biehn, Linda Hamilton and Paul Winfield

v

Full Metal Jacket

Directed by Stanley Kubrick
Produced by Stanley Kubrick
Screenplay by Stanley Kubrick, Michael Herr and Gustav Hasford
Based on The Short-Timers by Gustav Hasford
Starring Matthew Modine, Adam Baldwin, Vincent D'Onofrio, Lee Ermey, Dorian Harewood, Arliss Howard, Kevyn Major Howard and Ed O'Ross

Full Metal Jacket is a great film, I think. But Terminator is one of my favourite ever films, so gets my vote.

Saw Terminator when I was a lad before I saw Star Wars - hence why I have always thought Star Wars is very average.

I am stunned and appalled. Kubrick being outvoted by that knob Cameron????? Besides, Full Metal Jacket is BRILLIANT!!!!!

Grew up with Terminator posters on my wall and loving anything with Arnie in it, and still do.

Full Metal Jacket is a great film in all aspects.

Unfair pairing! I feel like abstaining, but FMJ is the better film.

Given these two stupid results, I say we have a repechage of the two best losers into the next round.

Or just a final vote on it, with all options on the table. Group by genres and use the D'Hondt system to pick a winner, or go for multiple AV with 32 rounds of elimination. As things stand, we're sleepwalking into a nightmare based on the whim of the people.

I am stunned and appalled. Kubrick being outvoted by that knob Cameron????? Besides, Full Metal Jacket is BRILLIANT!!!!!
Normally I would agree, but I think it's a case of Cameron's best ever against one of Kubrick's lesser movies.

Last edited:
The Terminator goes through to the next round

giphy.gif

Or just a final vote on it, with all options on the table. Group by genres and use the D'Hondt system to pick a winner, or go for multiple AV with 32 rounds of elimination. As things stand, we're sleepwalking into a nightmare based on the whim of the people.
Yeah @milo , the D'Hondt system was the obvious choice .

I bet your the sort of guy to fcuk another guy in the arse and not even offer him a reach around.

Is quite simply the best fcuking line ever uttered in the history of film.

I missed this thread first time around and am appalled that I spend time on a website where people think Terminator is a better movie. The first 20 minutes of full metal jacket are the funniest in a movie ever.

Back