• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best film of the 80s - The Long Good Friday v Die Hard

Which film is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Die hard really is a good film. I'm just wondering if all that have voted for it over LGF have seen LGF?

LGF and maybe Get Carter are probably the best two British Gangster movies.

Although would be interested to hear others views on that, and other recommendations.

Those two, Villain and Sexy Beast.

Though Get Carter does have a great theme tune, as does the LGF. LGF much better film than Get Carter though, imo.

Sexy beast is indeed very very good. Only thing I like Ray Winston in I think.

I don't think I have seen Villain so I will definitely give that a watch.

Winston is great in Nil By Mouth.

Villain is very much of its time but I think very good.

Die hard really is a good film. I'm just wondering if all that have voted for it over LGF have seen LGF?

LGF and maybe Get Carter are probably the best two British Gangster movies.

Although would be interested to hear others views on that, and other recommendations.
Add Sexy Beast to those two. And Dead Man's Shoes, if that qualifies as a gangster movie.
The Italian Job.

Harry Brown is a great revenge movie.
Michael Caine is almost always brick IMO but he's really good in this. Plan B is good in it too, surprised he didn't go on from this film.

Back