• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best film of the 80s - Good Morning Vietnam v Withnail and I

Which film is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re the drinking game, what about the drug Danny has in the doll's head? "Street name: the embalmer", he claims. Withnail says "Balls! I'll take two and run a mile!".

Anyway, if the carrot is included, the embalmer should be as well. Not sure what sort of readily available substitute would make most sense. It sounds like a downer rather than an upper, so anything from an opiate to a soluble aspirin would be reasonable.

Last edited:
Re the drinking game, what about the drug Danny has in the doll's head? "Street name: the embalmer", he claims. Withnail says "Balls! I'll take two and run a mile!".

Anyway, if the carrot is included, the embalmer should be as well. Not sure what sort of readily available substitute would make most sense. It sounds like a downer rather than an upper, so anything from an opiate to a soluble aspirin would be reasonable.
He doesn't take it though.

Cannot quite believe that good morning Vietnam knocked out an all time classic

I bet the people that voted for gmv simply hadn't seen withnail....

Back