• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I must say I think most fans' negativity at lack of transfer activity has naff all to do with other fans teasing them, and more to do with being disappointed certain areas of the squad were not improved on....

Maybe not for everyone. But then again no fan is going to admit that teasing from rivals got to them, but there’s definitely way too much aggro being thrown at the club and I think it is part of it. I’ve definitely a few reactions along the lines of ‘we’re a laughing stock’, which suggests some people actually care whether other fans are laughing.

Again, I’m not saying it’s everyone, but I’ve definitely seen comments towards that end, and a fair few of them.

Nice to see a fairly balanced response here. Twitter is a nightmare.

Don’t see a major issue with the clubs communications. Some say it should have come earlier; what difference would that have made? Sure, perhaps a few less overseas fans would have booked flights, but they did that knowing the risk, and did it without tickets for the match (if they weren’t a season ticket holder.) And they will still get to see Spurs play.

A gesture of goodwill to season ticket holders would be good - don’t know what that is but a new kit or something?

I’m glad we’re not playing Liverpool in the first game, but bricking it at the thought of Emirates Marketing Project! Why couldn’t it have been Cardiff :eek:

Disappointed but expected this. However I think the money that I have paid for the tickets for the games not to be played should be refunded in full and not credited for whatever reason.

The issue lies with Spurs dictating to me where my money should be spent and not by my personal choice.

However they will take the credit off the following season which i suppose also makes sense since im tied in for three years.

Not a big issue just the principle.

Disappointed but expected this. However I think the money that I have paid for the tickets for the games not to be played should be refunded in full and not credited for whatever reason.

The issue lies with Spurs dictating to me where my money should be spent and not by my personal choice.

However they will take the credit off the following season which i suppose also makes sense since im tied in for three years.

I thought they were refunding in full?

You can have cash if you want it

Apolgies if touched on in last few pages (not read them all), but if date the City match is tight for the opening, I wonder if (providing we are at home on CL Match Day 4) the first match at the new ground could be a CL match on 6th or 7th November
Or would a night match as the opener be too much of a nightmare?

Can you imagine opening the ground v Barca or even Real again

Apolgies if touched on in last few pages (not read them all), but if date the City match is tight for the opening, I wonder if (providing we are at home on CL Match Day 4) the first match at the new ground could be a CL match on 6th or 7th November

CL games all havev to be played at 1 home ground

Unlikely to be CL, as if we start playing Group games at Wembley we will most likely have to play them all there. The bigger question is if we get out of the group, can we move back to the new stadium for the knock-out round(s).

I just think they don't want to say anything for certain until they know more. Cardiff game must obviously be too close (or low profile) for the opening game.

Good idea but I'm not sure if Uefa would approve of something taking place which overshadows the CL matchday spectacle .....never know though unless someone tries

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if now the opening is delayed until late November/early December. The big pressure rush was to be ready for the NFL game, now that is out of the window the club might be sensible and just make sure everything is safe and finished so the stadium looks the best it can for when the opening officially takes place.

After City on Oct 28th the next home game is Chelski on November 24th. An extra 4 weeks, international break included in this period.

Maybe not for everyone. But then again no fan is going to admit that teasing from rivals got to them, but there’s definitely way too much aggro being thrown at the club and I think it is part of it. I’ve definitely a few reactions along the lines of ‘we’re a laughing stock’, which suggests some people actually care whether other fans are laughing.

Again, I’m not saying it’s everyone, but I’ve definitely seen comments towards that end, and a fair few of them.
They're two separate issues though tbf, I wouldnt say I particularly enjoy being teased by other fans but my disappointment from the window had zilch to do with that. Think theres more of an over reaction to things on Twitter than anywhere else, on forums like this and even in 'real life' you find more measured emotions (in general)....

I am quite surprised by the attitude of a lot of fans over this. You guys are underestimating what Daniel Levy has done for this club. Since I supported the club in the late 70's I have first seen Irving Scholar tear down the Shelf for more corporate boxes, run the club in to substantial debt thus need a buyout and place us in a terrible position going into the modern TV era.

We then got sugar. No advance on training facilities, two End Stands that did not suit our purpose and endless reams of useless managers.

Since Levy has come in he has stabilized the club. We are now keeping our star players. Built the best training facility in the league, and are building the best if not the biggest stadium in the country. This whilst we are running in the Champions league. I hate to say it. But you are starting to sound like entitled gooners.

He is doing the best to make this team a contender whilst fighting against the 2 Oil Bloated clubs and Man Yoo who dominated the TV era and thus have income way beyond the rest.

We bought know one. diddums. We kept our best players though. The Stadium is not ready! boo hoo! he has contingency plans for just a little bit longer. In one of the most ambitious turn around's in time it was almost inevitable this would happen. Is it ideal? no! is it understandable? yes!

so Take a chill Pill. Support the team no matter what.

I am quite surprised by the attitude of a lot of fans over this. You guys are underestimating what Daniel Levy has done for this club. Since I supported the club in the late 70's I have first seen Irving Scholar tear down the Shelf for more corporate boxes, run the club in to substantial debt thus need a buyout and place us in a terrible position going into the modern TV era.

so Take a chill Pill. Support the team no matter what.

I think you are talking to the wrong fans, no one on here has had a major pop, just some disapointment. It is allowed to like Levy and support him and be slightly down on yesterdays news.

Hertyid on SC:

Last weekend I was with club officials being taken around the stadium, I know these people and trust them. They were very much of the opinion the stadium would be ready. End of last week it became clear there were some major issues around the fire and evacuation systems. Mace came to Levy yesterday and basically said “we got a problem”. It then became clear it was impossible to hold the test events which meant we couldn’t be ready in time for Liverpool. All thee people saying “you could always tell by looking at the stadium it woild never be finished” are spouting rubbish I’m afraid. Everything else is on time and the stadium would have been complete. There will be no cost to the club, Mace bear responsibility and there are LADs in place, although they will likely try and push down to a subcontractor.

End of last week it became clear there were some major issues around the fire and evacuation systems.

What could that be though? Lots of big concrete stairwells that would have been fundamental to the design from day one? There's no rocket science to them

Back