• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I have a tripped planned from the USA for the Chelsea game on 24 Nov specifically to see the new stadium as well as to watch my team, the team I have been following for 45 years, over 25 of those as a season ticket holder. My opportunitys to get to England are very limited these days and I must admit that I won't be overly pleased If I find myself spending money on flights, hotels etc to watch us play at Wembley. Still, a victory against that lot will assuage the pain I guess.

Yeah, I was close to booking flights and hotel for the Cardiff-match myself, but glad I didn't. I usually get to go to maybe one match a season, and did not go last year because of my dislike of Wembley. I would've been very disappointed if the one match I got to go to this season was at Wembley, but thankfully my friend was a bit hesitant for whatever reason, so saved by the bell. :p :) As someone who gets to travel over once a season, seeing/being at the actual stadium/church is a big part of the experience, so it would be a letdown to have to go to Wembley. Hope you get to see the game vs Chelski at NWHL! :)

If he's presenting that as anything other than his opinion, then he deserves the highest level of financial sanction.

I know loads of people claiming to be ITK on the build... a broken clock is right twice a day is the saying
Their all trumpers IMO
I was on the phone earlier with one of the companies working there and they didn’t have a clue as their finishing their work this week

Quoting BristolSpur from SkyScrapercity, who's talking some sense.

This is an extremely complex project that is being delivered within a very small window. NWHL is an innovative design with many ‘firsts’ involved in the build, it’s not purely ‘bricks and mortar’, they are also delivering a complex IT infrastructure to future proof the stadium. Delays are not inevitable, but they are certainly common place in such projects.

A project of this size is extremely fluid and the critical path in this instance clearly has very little wiggle room. There should be Sympathy for all parties involved – the fans, Spurs management, Mace. Perspective is needed, in the grand scheme of things, it’s a minor blip.

A large project running a few weeks behind schedule is nothing to be embarrassed about. Much of this seems to be centred on fans of rival clubs sticking the boot in, the ‘sexy’ jib being chucked around. Football involves emotions, fans take things personally, we have an attachment, however, Spurs are the club with the brand new state of the art stadium. By Christmas it will be Spurs who have a new home and as ridiculous and it sounds, we as fans can be proud of our new home. Take it on the chin and rise above it.

Much hostility seems to have directed at Spurs (Levy) for the lack of communication, but we simply don’t know when decisions were made. Speculation never helps matters. An alternative approach, if Spurs were providing weekly updates on the completion date, as problems were encountered / resolved, moving the date by a few days here and there... What good would that be? You can’t run projects of this magnitude in that manner. If the completion date is moved, all stakeholders (Mace, Spurs, Sub-contractors, NFL, Wembley…) have to be involved in the decision making process, and unfortunately, fans are on the side line here.

Spurs are offering re-funds, which is absolutely the right approach, but I really don’t know what else they should do. It’s disappointing, no doubt about that, however, there are far worse alternatives out there.

The Premier League has a rule that all clubs have to play their home games at one stadium / venue. Daniel Levy has negotiated the club out of this position and we are playing home games at two venues. We can look at that as a positive, because the worst case scenario would have been the PL insisting on Spurs playing a full season at Wembley and not allowing us to move into our new home until the 2019/20 season.

I am sure I maybe the only one... maybe not but the statement from the club is horrible:

Chairman, Daniel Levy, said: “We know this will be disappointing for all our season tickets holders, premium members and our fans worldwide. We appreciate the support our partner the NFL has shown since the extent of this issue became evident today. At the start of the project we asked for your support during what we knew would be a complex and challenging build and now we ask for your continued patience and forbearance.”

Mark Waller, NFL Executive Vice-President, International, said: “Everyone has been so excited about the prospect of playing in the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and I know all at the Club are very disappointed, but determined to clear this final hurdle. We totally understand the issue. We shall continue to work with them towards making our future games at Spurs a huge success. The new stadium will be an amazing venue for the NFL and we are very excited about our long-term partnership with Tottenham Hotspur.”

I am not sure many fans care about NFL.

I think we can all agree that communication from the club needs to improve

Personally I think communication from the club is excellent. It is always super professional. We don’t say much, but when we do it is air tight. I like it.

There is a spectrum here, and on the other end of the scale you get clubs that pander to the fans way too much. I’m thinking West Ham here. They make decisions and say things to get a positive pop from the fans ‘look at this player we’re bidding for! Look how much money we have to spend! We’re going to be the best club in the world!’ and actually it just isn’t helpful to them.

I think what Levy and Cullen have right is that they understand what is going to make us happier in the long run is to have a consistently successful team. Pandering to the fans - particularly the reactionary ones of which thankfully there aren’t too many on here as it relates to this issue - doesn’t help the club be successful. Setting the right expectations and telling it like it is when you do speak is good comms I say.

I mean...they could say sorry. But I don’t think they have anything to apologise for. It’s a complex build. We already knew it might be tough.

Big claims from Richard Cracknell on talksport saying the club has known for months it wouldn’t be ready

Talkbrick does what it says on the tin and always has done, i am amazed that there are still folks who listen and believe all the crap that they here on there.

As for the delay its not what we all hoped for but neither is it the end of the world, as for what is being said on T watter what do we exspect? the vast majority of idiots who use that platform to slag of the club are macaronS at best.

Quality from that dude. I swear so much of the negative reaction towards the club lately - transfer window, this - has been because certain fans don’t like the fact that opposition fans take the tinkle out of them. Really, rise above it and think of the bigger picture.

This, and its about time those who do feel that way grow a pair and stop being little pussys.

I know loads of people claiming to be ITK on the build... a broken clock is right twice a day is the saying
Their all flimflamters IMO
I was on the phone earlier with one of the companies working there and they didn’t have a clue as their finishing their work this week

With due respect it depends on who you know. Grays_1890 gave a lot of info yesterday about the delay before the announcement, he was shot down but was proven to be spot on. He has a good source and has been saying for a long while the build is behind schedule.

It is highly plausible that the club and Mace have known for a good while but have waited for the right moment to release the news.

This, and its about time those who do feel that way grow a pair and stop being little pussys.

But that's not the reason, just a ridiculous invention from Brains.

I back the club completely on these events but with regards the window I maintain a Jorginho, Kovacic or Ndombele should have been signed.

And this is because they were affordable, needed and would help us achieve our goals.

Absolutely nothing to do with what rival fans say.

With due respect it depends on who you know. Grays_1890 gave a lot of info yesterday about the delay before the announcement, he was shot down but was proven to be spot on. He has a good source and has been saying for a long while the build is behind schedule.

It is highly plausible that the club and Mace have known for a good while but have waited for the right moment to release the news.

Cheers pal, to be honest I expect to be shot down on it because the nature of social media and these forums.

My personal opintion on it if worth anything is the club have known for a little while longer than yesterday, we announced the test events a certain time out and in a matter of weeks we are now months behind, I know there will be people coming on here and shooting down that theory but hey hoo. I have no doubt the club has great intentions but the timelines were just going to be far too close for comfort, even if it was usable it would have been far from finished.

But that's not the reason, just a ridiculous invention from Brains.

I back the club completely on these events but with regards the window I maintain a Jorginho, Kovacic or Ndombele should have been signed.

And this is because they were affordable, needed and would help us achieve our goals.

Absolutely nothing to do with what rival fans say.

We disagree then.

Assuming that the disgraced Collywobbs is indeed the club's finance and operations director, I think his poorly-timed post is pretty good evidence that the fire suppression failure came as a massive surprise yesterday.

Refunding 1/19 of season ticket costs is a reasonable response. It's only the corporate customers who get shafted, really, and who will weep for them?

Quality from that dude. I swear so much of the negative reaction towards the club lately - transfer window, this - has been because certain fans don’t like the fact that opposition fans take the tinkle out of them. Really, rise above it and think of the bigger picture.
I must say I think most fans' negativity at lack of transfer activity has naff all to do with other fans teasing them, and more to do with being disappointed certain areas of the squad were not improved on....

Assuming that the disgraced Collywobbs is indeed the club's finance and operations director, I think his poorly-timed post is pretty good evidence that the fire suppression failure came as a massive surprise yesterday.

Refunding 1/19 of season ticket costs is a reasonable response. It's only the corporate customers who get shafted, really, and who will weep for them?

MC posted on here recently and in doing so he disgraced himself!?

I don’t think that’s the case at all, most wanted signings to improve the chances on the pitch.

Couldn’t give a brick about other fans, then again I’m not 12 and can joke about it with the Arsenal/Chelsea etc fans I work with.

A massive part of this current move in issue is that Levy decided to keep our club where it has been for 100 plus years. He could have taken a logistically easier build option by moving us (like a certain South London club did a while back) but decided (for whatever reason, whether it was financial/romantic/part of both) to keep us basically in the same spot.

A massive part of this current move in issue is that Levy decided to keep our club where it has been for 100 plus years. He could have taken a logistically easier build option by moving us (like a certain South London club did a while back) but decided (for whatever reason, whether it was financial/romantic/part of both) to keep us basically in the same spot.

Well thank GHod for Mr Levy then!

Back