• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Do season ticket holders get the option of cash or ticket? i.e will they have to make up the extra for cat A games if they want to watch at Wembley - I thought it was the option but someone told me differently today.

I am interested to see what is going to happen, my ticket is worth more at the new lane than Wembley, interested to see what I get

I am sure I maybe the only one... maybe not but the statement from the club is horrible:

Chairman, Daniel Levy, said: “We know this will be disappointing for all our season tickets holders, premium members and our fans worldwide. We appreciate the support our partner the NFL has shown since the extent of this issue became evident today. At the start of the project we asked for your support during what we knew would be a complex and challenging build and now we ask for your continued patience and forbearance.”

Mark Waller, NFL Executive Vice-President, International, said: “Everyone has been so excited about the prospect of playing in the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and I know all at the Club are very disappointed, but determined to clear this final hurdle. We totally understand the issue. We shall continue to work with them towards making our future games at Spurs a huge success. The new stadium will be an amazing venue for the NFL and we are very excited about our long-term partnership with Tottenham Hotspur.”

I am not sure many fans care about NFL.

I think we can all agree that communication from the club needs to improve

Almost like it was a rushed unplanned communication.

I am interested to see what is going to happen, my ticket is worth more at the new lane than Wembley, interested to see what I get

Billy has already explained this with his screenshot.

And yes the announcement was rushed due to the leak.

Full announcement was for this morning (think it's out now) following the decision being made at around 2pm yesterday.

Pochettino has blamed Brexit which was very revealing as to the root of all our problems is financial.
Money problems sadly leaves us very vulnerable. The Eriksen situation will be very difficult over the next few weeks.
I don’t think anybody should be under any illusions if we have to service debt Levy will sell the Crown Jewels he will have little choice.

The delays and match changes are unimportant in the scheme of things.

I think that the point was that buying players from europe has increased due to the currency issues caused by brexit

Stadium, Ticketing and Wembley update
Further to last night’s announcement: Yesterday the Club received a report from Mace which highlighted the extent of the issues with critical safety systems. As a result, a decision was taken at a Board meeting to defer the opening of the stadium and to move two further games to Wembley.

Delays are common, certainly for builds of this size and complexity, however we are hugely frustrated that this has occurred with these systems at such a late stage. Whilst we would have been able to mitigate other areas, we simply cannot compromise safety.

This decision was unavoidable.

We should also like to clarify the correct context of the news that broke yesterday regarding arrangements with Wembley. The option was in fact exercised at the end of last year – and not in response to this issue – as a sensible back-up given the nature of construction and the possibility of exactly such an issue arising.

Last night’s announcement was brought forward from today in order to advise fans as soon as possible given the confusion caused and the news of the Board meeting becoming public. As such we were unable to release details of refunds and ticketing at the same time as planned – please now find them below.

We should like to apologise to supporters for this delay. We are acutely aware of the disappointment this may cause supporters and shall now look to ensure that we minimise any inconvenience.

Our Construction team is working hard to overcome these issues and we shall keep you all updated. Thank you for your support at this challenging time.

Refunds and Ticketing
Wembley Ticketing - Existing and New Season Ticket Holders for 2018/19 Season

As two further matches of the new season will be played at Wembley - on Saturday 15 September against Liverpool, kick-off 12.30pm, and on Saturday 6 October against Cardiff City, kick-off 3pm - all those who have purchased season tickets at the new stadium will be credited 1/19th of the price you have paid for your 2018/19 season ticket for each fixture concerned.

Full refund amounts for both Liverpool and Cardiff City will be placed into your eticket account automatically in the coming days. To improve on the process used for the Fulham fixture, these funds can either be drawn out from your eticket account by way of a monthly BACS payment or the funds can be held in credit in your account to be used as part payment for next season's Season Ticket.

We shall shortly release on-sale dates and details regarding tickets for the matches at Wembley. Please note, Stadium Access Cards for the 2017/18 season will NOT work for these fixtures.

Wembley Pass Holders from 2017/18

Supporters who held a Wembley Pass for the 2017/18 season are advised that these tickets were only valid for the 2017/18 season and are no longer valid. These supporters will need to purchase individual match tickets during the One Hotspur members’ sale phase for each fixture.

Premium members

All Executive Members contracted to the new stadium will automatically receive a credit note equal to 1/28th of your 2018/19 seasonal fee for each of the Premier League matches to be played at Wembley - on Saturday 15 September against Liverpool, kick-off 12.30pm, and on Saturday 6 October against Cardiff City, kick-off 3pm - 28 being the average number of games in all competitions over the past five seasons. This amount will be deducted from your 2019/20 seasonal fee and a credit note to that effect will be placed into your Premium account and can be used for the matches at Wembley or for future payments.

Executive Members - You are not required to take any action at this stage as our Account Management Team will be in direct contact with you in the coming days with further information and to answer any additional questions you may have around this process. If you do, however, wish to get in touch in the meantime, the team are available via email at premium.sales@tottenhamhotspur.com or by telephone on 0208 365 5010.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/august/stadium-ticketing-and-wembley-update/

Big claims from Richard Cracknell on talksport saying the club has known for months it wouldn’t be ready

They like their sensational headlines, I'm sure it was all going to be tight but maybe they thought they could leave some areas unfinished to do later but the critical parts were just to far behind.

As a season-ticket holder I'm disappointed but ultimately this is a capital project costing the best part of £1bn that will become our home for the next 100 years - if its 'delayed' a couple of months well in the grand scheme of things so what?

There was no real sniff of this until yesterday afternoon so can only assume a final decision wasn't made until yesterday morning. Its a shame that this was leaked through that gobbrick Neil Ashton but as has been mentioned there are enough stakeholders (The FA, Wembley, PL, NFL, Sky) who would have got wind that its not really surprising.

Not even got an issue with the alleged donna cullen email....more impressed that she personally responded to a fan email at a time when the brick was hitting the fan. If anyone has booked a ticket for the sake of going to the new stadium unveiling rather than just going to watch their team then I'd question their motives for wanting to go in the first place.

That said, it is crucial that the club properly engages with the trust to resolve this issue around season ticket holders. Clearly there is a monetary difference and simply providing credit for 1/19 per game is not sufficient if they are then expecting to re-purchase at the same cost for Wembley.

All in all, this hiccup has all been blown out of proportion.

I have a tripped planned from the USA for the Chelsea game on 24 Nov specifically to see the new stadium as well as to watch my team, the team I have been following for 45 years, over 25 of those as a season ticket holder. My opportunitys to get to England are very limited these days and I must admit that I won't be overly pleased If I find myself spending money on flights, hotels etc to watch us play at Wembley. Still, a victory against that lot will assuage the pain I guess.

Back