• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Sanchez, Vertonghen, Diet, etc.

We have plenty of physical players who can defend and also have technical ability. We're not Stoke or Wimbledon, we can attract players who are both strong and able to play football.

This is the thing - his defensive ability* is promoted as if its completely lacking in the side and as such he is a vital ingredient.

Both false. Its his best attribute, no question, but its not superior to our other regular midfielders who all have a lot to offer besides.

*He is very good, IMO, in a basic Scott Parkeresque "sit in our half and break up anything that comes over the half way line" capacity. I dont think he has superior positioning, tackling technique, or anything like that, I think we have plenty of players who can do the job. His physicality does allow him to cover a big area though. Useful if we are literally all camped in the oppo half an need insurance.

When you watch him play you can see he's not the most technically gifted with the ball at his feet. You can almost feel his nervousness so he get rid of it quickly like it's a hot potato.

He gets slated as an extremely poor player devoid of any skill or technique.

I was curious to see how this reflected in his stats. Overall his stats aren't particularly great but there were a few interesting things i discovered:

These are mainly per 90 mins from last years EPL:

Avg passing length: 15 metres. Fairly short by footballing standards but from comments you would think he couldn't manage 2 or 3 yards
Pass completion: 84%. Pretty middle of the road but higher than i expected actually. For reference Dier 86%, Son 85%. He's certainly no Dembele who's a gangsta at 92%

Now here's what i found really interesting:

Key passes: 1.7 per game. For reference Son 1.16, Lamela 1.44, Alli 1.54, Eriksen 2.19
Chances created: 1.76 per game. For reference Son 1.4, Lamela 1.55, Alli 1.86, Eriksen 2.48

I was thinking what the hell??? Seriously?

I know stats don't tell a full story but the story here is that we have someone who plays short, quick passes and many of them key passes and creates loads of chances! Who knew! He's a beast and our new Eriksen replacement! :D:D:p

I may not rate his footballing skills, but I'm man enough to put that to one side and wish him a resounding Happy Birthday.

I hope someone gives him some new sweatbands to go with the away and third kits.

I may not rate his footballing skills, but I'm man enough to put that to one side and wish him a resounding Happy Birthday.

I hope someone gives him some new sweatbands to go with the away and third kits.
Did anyone get him a birthday cake?

I know he’s far from popular, but his attributes are unique in the squad, we are short on pace and strength already.

Perhaps Poch now has more confidence over fitness of the squad? If they're fit, we have decent depth in midfield and general attacking areas

4 CMs - Wanyama, Dier, Dembele, Winks
5 AMs - Son, Dele, Eriken, Lamela, Moura
2 CFs - Llorence, Kane
Kids - Onomah, TAB, Amos, Skipp

Bring someone else in in Jan wouldnt hurt though

Back