• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

As a season-ticket holder I'm disappointed but ultimately this is a capital project costing the best part of £1bn that will become our home for the next 100 years - if its 'delayed' a couple of months well in the grand scheme of things so what?

There was no real sniff of this until yesterday afternoon so can only assume a final decision wasn't made until yesterday morning. Its a shame that this was leaked through that gobbrick Neil Ashton but as has been mentioned there are enough stakeholders (The FA, Wembley, PL, NFL, Sky) who would have got wind that its not really surprising.

Not even got an issue with the alleged donna cullen email....more impressed that she personally responded to a fan email at a time when the brick was hitting the fan. If anyone has booked a ticket for the sake of going to the new stadium unveiling rather than just going to watch their team then I'd question their motives for wanting to go in the first place.

That said, it is crucial that the club properly engages with the trust to resolve this issue around season ticket holders. Clearly there is a monetary difference and simply providing credit for 1/19 per game is not sufficient if they are then expecting to re-purchase at the same cost for Wembley.

All in all, this hiccup has all been blown out of proportion.

I expect the lifespan will be 30 years. It is with most modern buildings
According to a recent colloquium at the Getty Center, the average life span of a conventionally built building (masonry and wood) is about 120 years. But for modernist buildings (reinforced concrete and glass curtain wall) it's half that: 60 years.

Pochettino has blamed Brexit which was very revealing as to the root of all our problems is financial.
Money problems sadly leaves us very vulnerable. The Eriksen situation will be very difficult over the next few weeks.
I don’t think anybody should be under any illusions if we have to service debt Levy will sell the Crown Jewels he will have little choice.

The delays and match changes are unimportant in the scheme of things.

As a season-ticket holder I'm disappointed but ultimately this is a capital project costing the best part of £1bn that will become our home for the next 100 years - if its 'delayed' a couple of months well in the grand scheme of things so what?

There was no real sniff of this until yesterday afternoon so can only assume a final decision wasn't made until yesterday morning. Its a shame that this was leaked through that gobbrick Neil Ashton but as has been mentioned there are enough stakeholders (The FA, Wembley, PL, NFL, Sky) who would have got wind that its not really surprising.

Not even got an issue with the alleged donna cullen email....more impressed that she personally responded to a fan email at a time when the brick was hitting the fan. If anyone has booked a ticket for the sake of going to the new stadium unveiling rather than just going to watch their team then I'd question their motives for wanting to go in the first place.

That said, it is crucial that the club properly engages with the trust to resolve this issue around season ticket holders. Clearly there is a monetary difference and simply providing credit for 1/19 per game is not sufficient if they are then expecting to re-purchase at the same cost for Wembley.

All in all, this hiccup has all been blown out of proportion.

Think this is the best post on here so far.

How they compensate (not sure that is the right word) ST will determine how the hiccup is viewed.

Moving forward the communication has to be better as well - if it is not going to be ready till Jan then tell us now.

Not sure we need take too much notice of the twitter storm. It's only natural to vent dismay. However you'd have had to be living on Mars not to be aware of the touch and go nature of the opening schedule.

Stories of 3,500 builders on the site, regular quotes from workers that the project was behind schedule, a non-stop stream of pics and videos revealing how much still needed doing, the very fact the stadium would have to pass several test events, there were so many pointers. Those who invested in STs would all have been aware of the chance the stadium might not be ready in time despite assertions from the club that it would be alright on the night.

As my mum always said, 'Never count your chickens until they've hatched.' But when you've been looking forward to something so very much it's always going to be a big let-down no matter the circumstances. Perfectly reasonable to let off steam so long as afterwards you reflect, wipe yourself down and move on.

A win on Saturday should do the trick.:cool:

My only gripe is how the club is disappointed for the NFL when it's the fans who go to each game who should be their major concern, sure the Yanks money will help but if we hadn't got them involved I suppose the project would have been more difficult to finance.

Some of you may remember that exactly 30 years ago (August 1988) we had to cancel our opening game of the season v Coventry on the morning of the game as a safety certificate was not granted for the refurbished (shelf-less) East Stand.

We were docked 2 points for this (later reduced to 1) - that for me will always be more a major rooster-up than what has happened in the last 24 hours.

Pochettino has blamed Brexit which was very revealing as to the root of all our problems is financial.
Money problems sadly leaves us very vulnerable. The Eriksen situation will be very difficult over the next few weeks.
I don’t think anybody should be under any illusions if we have to service debt Levy will sell the Crown Jewels he will have little choice.

The delays and match changes are unimportant in the scheme of things.

Don't believe what comes from the club, Poch included. They have their own reasons to say what they say and when they say it. The club is more than ok financially, there is enough revenue to cover buying players, to give key players pay rises, to fund the stadium build. The crown jewels will only be sold if the players refuse to extend contracts and let their deals run down to one or two years remaining or if they absolutely insist on wanting a move because they see an easier way to win trophies and be successful elsewhere. No player will be sold to service debt, you should know by now that Levy does not work like that and does not think that way.

Eriksen is only doing now what he did at Ajax, letting his contract run down. I doubt it is solely about money, maybe after 6 years at Spurs he simply wants a new challenge.

Imo what has happened now with the delay is related to there not being enough workers who are prepared to work the overtime and hours necessary to get the stadium ready for the Liverpool game. The recent investigation by Construction News put the spotlight on the stadium and the health and safety of workers who they claimed were working excessively long hours. Workers have been encouraged to complain to Mace directly, anonymously if desired, if the sub contractors were being unreasonable in requesting longer hours and the workers were unable to cope

https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/...chain-mds-over-working-hours/10034038.article

Any change in the way the workers operate in order that they are 'safe' is going to have an effect and slow things down.

I'm not really that bothered but I also dont have a ST, if we play 2/3 more games at Wembley then so be it - we'll be back at the new ground soon enough for the next 100 years and I'd sooner it was ready. This will also allow them to iron out more snags that they might otherwise have opened with.

More disappointing is the CL where we'll have to play at Wembley for the whole season, don't think UEFA will let us change stadiums.

I'm not really that bothered but I also dont have a ST, if we play 2/3 more games at Wembley then so be it - we'll be back at the new ground soon enough for the next 100 years and I'd sooner it was ready. This will also allow them to iron out more snags that they might otherwise have opened with.

More disappointing is the CL where we'll have to play at Wembley for the whole season, don't think UEFA will let us change stadiums.

UEFA will do anything if you wave a brown envelope at them

According to a recent colloquium at the Getty Center, the average life span of a conventionally built building (masonry and wood) is about 120 years. But for modernist buildings (reinforced concrete and glass curtain wall) it's half that: 60 years.
Guess we should count ourselves lucky if it lasts that long, stadia Stateside get replaced every 31 years on average in order to maximise their income.

https://money.cnn.com/2014/09/08/news/companies/nfl-stadiums/index.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/the-great-american-stadium-high-cost-short-lifespan-1.2659341

https://www.fastcompany.com/3057766/the-right-way-to-deal-with-crumbling-stadiums

DkjVd0oXsAA0qgx.jpg

Posted on another Spurs board

I am sure I maybe the only one... maybe not but the statement from the club is horrible:

Chairman, Daniel Levy, said: “We know this will be disappointing for all our season tickets holders, premium members and our fans worldwide. We appreciate the support our partner the NFL has shown since the extent of this issue became evident today. At the start of the project we asked for your support during what we knew would be a complex and challenging build and now we ask for your continued patience and forbearance.”

Mark Waller, NFL Executive Vice-President, International, said: “Everyone has been so excited about the prospect of playing in the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and I know all at the Club are very disappointed, but determined to clear this final hurdle. We totally understand the issue. We shall continue to work with them towards making our future games at Spurs a huge success. The new stadium will be an amazing venue for the NFL and we are very excited about our long-term partnership with Tottenham Hotspur.”

I am not sure many fans care about NFL.

I think we can all agree that communication from the club needs to improve

Back