• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Agreed. It’s a shame to see people like bankrupt who used to be a very good poster here whipping of a fervor on Twitter, playing to the gantry. He, along with a few others, are trusted as some of the most followed Spurs fans. I’m not saying people don’t have a mind of their own but it would be nice to see some balance represented in the views online from their ilk rather than the ‘LOL Donna Cullen’ stuff we’re now seeing.

What, exactly, are people made at the club for? For not getting the stadium done on time? They did everything they could to not have two seasons at Wembley. Not revealing the news themselves before it was leaked? That doesn’t really bother me - the assumption is they’ve known for weeks but the news seemed to spread pretty quickly over the last couple of days. I don’t blame them for wanting to formulate a response - make sure the NFL weren’t going to flip their lid - and generally do things in a professional way.

It really is unsavoury to see the moaning gits online. I’m glad this place is broadly more positive. If you’ve paid for a season ticket or you’ve booked time off work or whatever, you would surely know the risks. And I’m sure the Ts and Cs reflect this entirely. I’m definitely dissapointed it isn’t opening sooner, but I view following Spurs to Wembley as part of the duty and fun of supporting the club. It’s something we are all mucking in to do so that as quickly as possible we can have a great new stadium on the old WHL site.

The assumption seems to be the club has lied in order to get ticket money before announcing this news....is there any basis at all to support that?
Matt Collecott's post a few hours ago

Matt Collecott's post a few hours ago

Ok so are you saying he was sent on here to try and say the game was still going to be happening at NWHL, even while it was leaking every where else? All in the hope of selling more season tickets?

I mean, I guess. I just think it was obvious there could be risks, pretty clear we needed to pass safety tests and test events hadn’t even happened yet.

A load of people are up in arms when you pay to support the team, and the club in this instance did everything they can not to have a second season at Wembley. That it’s gone over a bit is not the end of the world. They still have a stadium to play in, and a stadium to be watched in, because the club will pay a fee to Wembley for the privilege of using it. Their commitment to the fans is to provide a home stadium, and they will do that.

If it ever comes out that they knowingly kept shilling season tickets even though they had sat on this news for say, 2 weeks, then fine. I can see why people would be annoyed. Particularly people flying in from abroad specifically to see the first game at the new stadium for example. Season ticket holders though? I actually have less sympathy for them . Surely you’re paying to support the team come what may, surely you’re understanding the risks that come with an unfinished stadium and surely you appreciate everything the club is doing to make sure we don’t spend the entire rest of the season at Wembley.

Ok so are you saying he was sent on here to try and say the game was still going to be happening at NWHL, even while it was leaking every where else? All in the hope of selling more season tickets?
I'm saying there was a flurry of rumours, so Matt Collecott came on here just before 4pm to say we would play Liverpool at WHL on Sept 15th, and within 4 hours the club issue a statement saying we might not be in for the match at the end of October... how does that work!? A month turned into possibly 2.5+

The rumours must have started because we failed the safety test, it can't be coincidence that it all came out within hours...so did Matt not know this, or was he lying, or did things really change this much in 4 hours?

Oh well...Might explain the total lack of action at all in the summer transfer window....we haven't got any spare money to spend..

I'd rather believe that than something going wrong in the relationship between Levy and Pochettino or some random late change of mind that "the squad is fine and we don't need to add anything to it to mount challenges on four fronts" despite Pochettino's quotes to the press about "being brave" and pleas to change out transfer strategy to get targets earlier, especially in a world cup year.

More likely that the two are not connected at all.

I couldn't be more relaxed about this whole deal.

Spurs are building their home for the next century. A few weeks delay is neither here nor there.

They'll get it done and they'll get it right. After that, we'll all love how it looked and felt on opening day with everything in its proper place and working like it was always meant to be.

People need to just chill and have faith in the process. We're gonna be just fine.

Im actually quite tinkled off reading some of the stuff on the wider web from our fans, really sound like a bunch of entitled tossers - it's a huge project that was always on a tight schedule, a delay is nothing to throw your toys out of the pram over

Indeed.
Many of us are inconvenienced by this, and I doubt the club conspired to be willfully inconvenient!!!!

My guess is that the club could have called it earlier, but with so much expectation and so much riding on meeting the 15 Sept date, they have waited and waited until the last possible moment to concede defeat. If there was even the slightest chance of playing the Liverpool game at NWHL then they may have felt it was worth pushing the timing to the limit I personally don't have an issue with that. I am sure they have done everything possible to get us in there to the planned schedule. Yes it was very unfortunate that the delay leaked in the press first, but that's just a way of life these days when there are so many parties involved in a project.

I must admit I don't get all the anger from ST holders. People on twitter saying they didn't buy their season ticket for another season at Wembley. But are they saying that if we knowingly had a second season there, that they would not have renewed (thereby going to the back of the queue)? I suppose the only question is whether the 1/19 compensation for each Wembley game should be a refund rather than a credit. There are advantages to the club in the credit scheme, obviously. I don't have a problem with the credit scheme. Even if I didn't use it to buy match tickets (which I will) I could use it to offset next season's ST fee. But I imagine some people will resent the club keeping the money and will want a refund for each match that is switched to Wembley. However, I get that credit v refund is a genuine argument.

But all the pure anger, bile, hatred towards the club, Levy, Cullen, that's pouring out is incredible. We're getting a bloody fantastic new stadium. Being held back by a few games isn't going to change that. People need to get a grip.

The issue the club has is not the message but the PR around the message. I think Levy runs such a tight ship with very little leaks or inside information getting out, it allows fiction to become fact.

If i were them offer 1/19th of the season ticket to be refunded as cash or 1/19th to be added as credit to account with a 10% bonus as a incentive.

I would then as Levy say that he would fund a beer for every person at the first game at home out of this years bonus that he will not be taking, lets face sure with some creative accounting he can be compensated and will be when the club is sold anyway.

I actually think for the new stadium they can be far more creative getting people in early (who then spend more) penny off a pint for every minute that you get into the ground early?

My guess is that the club could have called it earlier, but with so much expectation and so much riding on meeting the 15 Sept date, they have waited and waited until the last possible moment to concede defeat. If there was even the slightest chance of playing the Liverpool game at NWHL then they may have felt it was worth pushing the timing to the limit I personally don't have an issue with that. I am sure they have done everything possible to get us in there to the planned schedule. Yes it was very unfortunate that the delay leaked in the press first, but that's just a way of life these days when there are so many parties involved in a project.

I must admit I don't get all the anger from ST holders. People on twitter saying they didn't buy their season ticket for another season at Wembley. But are they saying that if we knowingly had a second season there, that they would not have renewed (thereby going to the back of the queue)? I suppose the only question is whether the 1/19 compensation for each Wembley game should be a refund rather than a credit. There are advantages to the club in the credit scheme, obviously. I don't have a problem with the credit scheme. Even if I didn't use it to buy match tickets (which I will) I could use it to offset next season's ST fee. But I imagine some people will resent the club keeping the money and will want a refund for each match that is switched to Wembley. However, I get that credit v refund is a genuine argument.

But all the pure anger, bile, hatred towards the club, Levy, Cullen, that's pouring out is incredible. We're getting a bloody fantastic new stadium. Being held back by a few games isn't going to change that. People need to get a grip.

I've noticed that throughout society, this phrase is becoming more applicable than ever. Disappointment, or disagreement even, is no longer enough. Now, these previously simple expressions seemingly must be accompanied with a deep well of vitriolic anger, disgust and a deep deep sense of resentment. I've even noticed my own mother getting into the swing of things recently, though advancing years are as much to do with that as anything. There is a general sense of impatience and intolerance which infests many avenues of life. I gritted my teeth when the news was announced...not because of the news specifically (though I was disappointed as I had been getting very, very excited about it) but because I felt that we would have several waves of woe and anger, followed by a deep cushion of pressure and despondency...NONE of which will help our fudging manager or the players!!!

This is a time to suck it up and look at the big picture. Which is rosy. To support the players and manager. And finally, to see if the club will do the right thing by ST holders. I have no doubt they will.

Disappointing, but far from the end of the world. We'll be at out new home fast enough. Plus we won't have to worry about Liverpool winning the first game there.

The only major downside for me, is if this means we'll have to play all our CL games at Wembley, regardless of when NWHL is ready.

Disappointing, but far from the end of the world. We'll be at out new home fast enough. Plus we won't have to worry about Liverpool winning the first game there.

The only major downside for me, is if this means we'll have to play all our CL games at Wembley, regardless of when NWHL is ready.

I thought there was a possibility that Group games could be Wembley - and it would have to be all games in the group stage, but knock out rounds could then move to NWHL - but it would have to be all the knock out rounds. Not sure if that was fact or supposition but I'm fairly certain I read it somewhere.

Disappointed but not shocked, like I said weeks ago the deadlines looked too fanciful, delays were always likely. I would say, although to some its water off a ducks back etc yesterday wasn't a sharp PR day for the club, would have been nice to have heard the news from the club first on this considering it a case of taking money for STs etc.

Disappointed but not shocked, like I said weeks ago the deadlines looked too fanciful, delays were always likely. I would say, although to some its water off a ducks back etc yesterday wasn't a sharp PR day for the club, would have been nice to have heard the news from the club first on this considering it a case of taking money for STs etc.

I think the only reason it didn't come from the club first is because they were stitched up by a leak/mole. Someone has fed Ashton the news and he's done what red toppers do and splashed it. For all we know there were possibly plans in motion to let people know both the delay and the actions/refunds/whatever in the same swoosh. But a leaker has caused the club to issue a statement super-fast without the time to do it as they might've wanted to?

I think the only reason it didn't come from the club first is because they were stitched up by a leak/mole. Someone has fed Ashton the news and he's done what red toppers do and splashed it. For all we know there were possibly plans in motion to let people know both the delay and the actions/refunds/whatever in the same swoosh. But a leaker has caused the club to issue a statement super-fast without the time to do it as they might've wanted to?
Leak could have come from Wembley, the FA or PL I guess, rather than at Spurs.

I've just looked at the fixtures. I'm hoping for a 5th December opening against Southampton under the lights. There's been enough negativity already. A defeat or even a draw against either City or Chelsea would lead to so much wrist-slitting, mockery and toys out of the pram, that it would take the Club, the team and the fans a long time to recover. Lose or draw against Southampton or Burnley or Wolves? Unlikely, and anyway so what?

Back