• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

He is a Spurs man through and through and he will want to be here when the trophys star rolling in.
Agreed - he's a long time season ticket holder, what else could he do that would be more fulfilling, than seeing us trample all other clubs in our path and defecate on the ruins?

Massive profit on the original outlay yes but the club have invested heavily since so surely my point still stands, sale price also needs to cover their investment since does it not?

They haven't invested much, if anything. It's been the club's own money, for the most part.

Still, the sale price will reflect the explosion in value across the game since 2001 - I'm expecting 1 to 1.5 billion at the least.

I dont follow American sports but apparently the was some rich American sports guy who was interested in setting up a consortium to buy us. Was meant to be a long time fan, so if we do get sold I would at least like someone who is a fellow spurs fan.

They haven't invested much, if anything. It's been the club's own money, for the most part.

Still, the sale price will reflect the explosion in value across the game since 2001 - I'm expecting 1 to 1.5 billion at the least.
Less liabilities, surely?

I’m hoping for another billionaire with no interest in football who demands that the books are balanced.

Joe Lewis may well be the greatest owner a sports franchise has ever had.

Thats the issue, on one side you have

Abramovich 1billion pound of debt on chelsea
Glazier and Kronke - Leveraged buyout placing club into debt to service the money used for buyout

There is only Emirates Marketing Project who have truly been bankrolled by a billionaire playing with cash, the rest are putting debt onto the club.

What gets me about all this circus,we've found ourselves in,is the club itself is been turned into a laughing stock,asking fans where they want to play a cup game is so laughable,you think we are are some non league team been given a golden ticket in the third round of the FA Cup,......ringing clubs up asking can we borrow a pitch for a night and here is 100k for a thank you,scrammling around to find time and place to play a premiership club game you couldnt make it up,diabolical.

Levy must have had board meeting with everyone(Lewis on speaker phone) including Mace after the last game in May, asking all the nodding dogs sat around his table if the ground be ready on Aug 25th for the health and safety games,these monkeys earning their 100k salaries must have said to levy yes it be ready and even levy must take the blame on this farce . Originally we are suppose to play on a pitch,in two weeks time that has no grass on it for a start and heavens knows when the players were going to be allowed to play on it. The ground was never going to be ready by any date in Sept/October/November and even I didn't play lego as a kid or earn 100k from some mickey mouse construction company. When they had that meeting they should have booked Wembley for another year and if the ground was to be ready by December play the fa cup games and champs league games from the knockout stage (or europa game if things went tits up) from Jan onwards. This will give the players time to play in a ground new to them, get used to the pitch and from the construction side,weed out any snags that may crop up and by August next year we'll have a ground ready to play in . Couldn't give a toss on ribbon cutting or a big fancy start off with flags and fireworks just finish the staduim.

It is my favourite buttplug at the moment.... has a date been set for the Emirates Marketing Project game....the Watford game ,comical....egos must play a part in thinking the ground would be ready,and i guarantee no one would lose their jobs over this decision. I'm surprised nothing has come out from other premiership sides especially Emirates Marketing Project and now Watford,on how they are getting messed around. Poch must be scratching his head on what is happening around him,and interesting what his views be when he leaves the club.

What gets me about all this circus,we've found ourselves in,is the club itself is been turned into a laughing stock,asking fans where they want to play a cup game is so laughable,you think we are are some non league team been given a golden ticket in the third round of the FA Cup,......ringing clubs up asking can we borrow a pitch for a night and here is 100k for a thank you,scrammling around to find time and place to play a premiership club game you couldnt make it up,diabolical.

Levy must have had board meeting with everyone(Lewis on speaker phone) including Mace after the last game in May, asking all the nodding dogs sat around his table if the ground be ready on Aug 25th for the health and safety games,these monkeys earning their 100k salaries must have said to levy yes it be ready and even levy must take the blame on this farce . Originally we are suppose to play on a pitch,in two weeks time that has no grass on it for a start and heavens knows when the players were going to be allowed to play on it. The ground was never going to be ready by any date in Sept/October/November and even I didn't play lego as a kid or earn 100k from some mickey mouse construction company. When they had that meeting they should have booked Wembley for another year and if the ground was to be ready by December play the fa cup games and champs league games from the knockout stage (or europa game if things went tits up) from Jan onwards. This will give the players time to play in a ground new to them, get used to the pitch and from the construction side,weed out any snags that may crop up and by August next year we'll have a ground ready to play in . Couldn't give a toss on ribbon cutting or a big fancy start off with flags and fireworks just finish the staduim.

It is my favourite buttplug at the moment.... has a date been set for the Emirates Marketing Project game....the Watford game ,comical....egos must play a part in thinking the ground would be ready,and i guarantee no one would lose their jobs over this decision. I'm surprised nothing has come out from other premiership sides especially Emirates Marketing Project and now Watford,on how they are getting messed around. Poch must be scratching his head on what is happening around him,and interesting what his views be when he leaves the club.

What a strange post. A few quick thoughts:

It was the trust which consulted, not the club.

The meeting you envisage probably happened. Everyone involved in the decision would have earned a hell of a lot more than £100k annually, precisely because these calls are tricky.

Enormous projects aren't easy (look at the sudden Crossrail delay) and you can't eliminate or predict risk.

There's no reason to think that Poch is as intemperate as you.

Do you really think the ground was going to be ready by Sept 15th....why tinkle everyone around ,why give the nod to the league saying that it was going to be ready knowing it was not even a 50/50 decision. Do you feel sorry to these people that had to make the decision,they were only thinking of their bonus they be getting most probably.....and if it wasn't ready ...'don't worry we'll blame health and safety'..'our get out card' ........ sounds to me a bit arrogance on everyone that was involved to say it was...sticking two fingers to all supporters who scrambled around to find the money for a season tickets,to fans who have to go to the MK staduim...other clubs in the league,whove been messed around,the list is endless.

Do you really think the ground was going to be ready by Sept 15th....why tinkle everyone around ,why give the nod to the league saying that it was going to be ready knowing it was not even a 50/50 decision. Do you feel sorry to these people that had to make the decision,they were only thinking of their bonus they be getting most probably.....and if it wasn't ready ...'don't worry we'll blame health and safety'..'our get out card' ........ sounds to me a bit arrogance on everyone that was involved to say it was...sticking two fingers to all supporters who scrambled around to find the money for a season tickets,to fans who have to go to the MK staduim...other clubs in the league,whove been messed around,the list is endless.
Like anything you set your targets high and have something to aim for and it doesnt appear to of been an unrealistic date had everything gone to plan - if that date wasnt set the likelihood is the stadium wouldnt of been ready until an even later date than whenever we do end up moving in. Fans will be compensated, granted its not ideal but I dont see how you can have a massive pop at the club for this, big projects are susceptible to these sort of delays....

What a strange post. A few quick thoughts:

It was the trust which consulted, not the club.

The meeting you envisage probably happened. Everyone involved in the decision would have earned a hell of a lot more than £100k annually, precisely because these calls are tricky.

Enormous projects aren't easy (look at the sudden Crossrail delay) and you can't eliminate or predict risk.

There's no reason to think that Poch is as intemperate as you.

The trust consulted at the clubs request, which is fine by me.

The club are in a damned if you do/damned if you dont situation, so tried to get the fans involved to see what suited everyone best.

I believe the same game last year had low attendance, so the choice was switch it to Watford (only a few thousand tickets then?), somewhere available in London - Barnet(6k)/Leyton Orient(9k)? or somewhere like MK dons that has more capacity.

As to the delay, I feel it was always possible. We have pulled off an enormous project, extremely technical and complicated, in record time - is a last minute issue a surprise? Not for me, I dont see it as any sort of incompetence, just a risk we have to live with.

And, IMO, we have handled it well. Im not sure what has spur from swansea quite so excited to be honest!

WALOB.

I think we should play at Enfield Town as given the moaning about how the club is run we would be lucky to fill it. GHod knows how much bile would be flowing if we hadn't made such a good (just my opinion) start to the season.

I think we should play at Enfield Town as given the moaning about how the club is run we would be lucky to fill it. GHod knows how much bile would be flowing if we hadn't made such a good (just my opinion) start to the season.
Winning three out of three is a good start. I’m sure plenty on here will find fault in our poor first half against Yanited, letting Foolham back in and the ease with which Poocastle scored, but I share your opinion of the good start.

Where does the ‘not even a 50/50’ decision come from? Insider knowledge? Or baseless ranting?

Do you think the club would have organised the test events - which remember involve not just fans but also outside agencies (transport, emergency services, caterers etc) and other football clubs - on a whim just to keep up a facade?
Of course they didn’t. They expected it would be ready. Not finished. But ready. And then something went wrong.
It happens.

I’ve had a few comments from other fans but nothing dramatic. It’s what football fans do to one another. Although in fairness I am surrounded by Spam fans, so I kind of wish they would have the gall to dig me out over the stadium! Ultimately everyone knows we will be playing for a long time to come in an absolute mega state of the art stadium.
So why should we be bothered about what anyone else might think?

Yes!

Back