• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Well how stupid do I feel now after posting optimistically earlier! Cheers Matilda.

It is disappointing but I guess the club were holding out as long as possible to try to bring it in on time.
It’s still incredible what has been achieved since that last home game at WHL and if we have to wait a while longer to get into our new, top class, state of the art home then whilst disappointing, it is not the end of the world. It would have been better if the club had controlled the communication but key now is how the club handles complaints, credits, refunds etc.

I would assume the NFL would have had some advance warning. Otherwise it’s not an ideal start to our partnership.
The Sun probably gave them a heads up

Cue the South Eastern trains for naming rights jokes...

Southern will not be running any weekend trains up from the South coast to London for 2 months from the end of October. Think the best bet is driving to Gatwick and catching the Gatwick Express into London. Fcuking joke service from Southern for people living in Sussex, Surrey and parts of Hampshire and Kent.

oh dear....i felt this was a bit premature

4CC2698C00000578-0-image-m-128_1527696277606.jpg

I assume we will move back there for the knock out stages.

Yep, we will see. But I think someone is kidding themselves and worst of all the fans, that's the last thing they need at the moment.

That stadium is not even close to being ready for football.
You don't have to be a building expert to see that.

Xmas?

I said Christmas!

Explain please Mattilda.
Did you have no idea about this, were you guessing, were you told to mislead?
I mean, one minute we are aiming for Sept 15th, a month away...

Then we tested if the alarms etc were installed properly and suddenly we don't know about a game 2.5 months away? That is poor

Revised and provisional dates
September 15 v Liverpool – Wembley Stadium

October 6 v Cardiff City – Wembley Stadium

October 14 – NFL – Seattle Seahawks v Oakland Raiders – Wembley Stadium

October 28 v Emirates Marketing Project – Venue TBC

So it's all CL games at Wembley again... No option to switch stadiums mid season there, afaik. First game we can arrange to play away, but the second will need to be a home game, and that is to be played 2/3 October.

Im actually quite tinkled off reading some of the stuff on the wider web from our fans, really sound like a bunch of entitled tossers - it's a huge project that was always on a tight schedule, a delay is nothing to throw your toys out of the pram over

Agreed. It’s a shame to see people like bankrupt who used to be a very good poster here whipping of a fervor on Twitter, playing to the gantry. He, along with a few others, are trusted as some of the most followed Spurs fans. I’m not saying people don’t have a mind of their own but it would be nice to see some balance represented in the views online from their ilk rather than the ‘LOL Donna Cullen’ stuff we’re now seeing.

What, exactly, are people made at the club for? For not getting the stadium done on time? They did everything they could to not have two seasons at Wembley. Not revealing the news themselves before it was leaked? That doesn’t really bother me - the assumption is they’ve known for weeks but the news seemed to spread pretty quickly over the last couple of days. I don’t blame them for wanting to formulate a response - make sure the NFL weren’t going to flip their lid - and generally do things in a professional way.

It really is unsavoury to see the moaning gits online. I’m glad this place is broadly more positive. If you’ve paid for a season ticket or you’ve booked time off work or whatever, you would surely know the risks. And I’m sure the Ts and Cs reflect this entirely. I’m definitely dissapointed it isn’t opening sooner, but I view following Spurs to Wembley as part of the duty and fun of supporting the club. It’s something we are all mucking in to do so that as quickly as possible we can have a great new stadium on the old WHL site.

The assumption seems to be the club has lied in order to get ticket money before announcing this news....is there any basis at all to support that?

Oh well...Might explain the total lack of action at all in the summer transfer window....we haven't got any spare money to spend..

I'd rather believe that than something going wrong in the relationship between Levy and Pochettino or some random late change of mind that "the squad is fine and we don't need to add anything to it to mount challenges on four fronts" despite Pochettino's quotes to the press about "being brave" and pleas to change out transfer strategy to get targets earlier, especially in a world cup year.

Back