• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

It is a mess really, gotta love the club trying but when your having to throw as much money at staff as we were already close to deadlines it was clear it wasn't gonna work. Wasn't like we were coasting to the deadline.

I think we have fallen on our own sword of bravado, could not be seen to lose face and delay a few weeks ago when it would have been better to just say let's do it prop in the new year.

What are the dates for CL? Does this mean we're at Wembley for that???

18 September to 12 December

September
18/19 September: Group stage, matchday one

October
2/3 October: Group stage, matchday two
23/24 October: Group stage, matchday three

November
6/7 November: Group stage, matchday four
27/28 November: Group stage, matchday five

December
11/12 December: Group stage, matchday six

I'm gonna take the happy clapper view on this as well, I'm afraid!

I hope the people who bought season tickets get some sort of compensation though.
It’s not about the quality of the stadium, it’s hearing the news outside of the club and being lied to without the option of refund. (Credits against a further investment in a years time is not compensation imo)

As soon as we got permission to play one game st Wembley it basically meant the pressure was off to deliver on time. And if Spurs had announced another season at Wembley there would have been uproar reflected in the numbers of people signing up for it.

I'm gonna take the happy clapper view on this as well, I'm afraid!

I hope the people who bought season tickets get some sort of compensation though.

Im actually quite tinkled off reading some of the stuff on the wider web from our fans, really sound like a bunch of entitled tossers - it's a huge project that was always on a tight schedule, a delay is nothing to throw your toys out of the pram over

Levy always wanted to host an NFL and footy game same day...
If we play city in the Sunday at NWHL he could ask wembely let them have the NFL game there the day before

Wouldn’t put it past him

But I assume the NFL game has already sold out at Wembley

What are the dates for CL? Does this mean we're at Wembley for that???

oh dear....i felt this was a bit premature

4CC2698C00000578-0-image-m-128_1527696277606.jpg

Cue the barrage of 'we're a joke club' posts from the misery guts on here. All I can say is that if we'd bought Jack Grealish in the window we'd be playing at The Apple Stadium (with the world's largest stadium naming rights deal in the Universe) tomorrow night.

oh dear....i felt this was a bit premature

4CC2698C00000578-0-image-m-128_1527696277606.jpg
The irony of the time running out...

So what happens to the people who stumped up the big money for cheese rooms and tunnel vision, do they just get credits as there is no equivalent at Wembley?

Im actually quite tinkled off reading some of the stuff on the wider web from our fans, really sound like a bunch of entitled tossers - it's a huge project that was always on a tight schedule, a delay is nothing to throw your toys out of the pram over

Well all clubs have a section of tossers among their membership, if nothing else it also shows what a load of moaning minnies we have. Its a massive project and if i have to wait a couple more weeks to take my seat there so be it, there are some right miserable sods around and i wonder how some would cope with actual bad news. GHod help us.

Cue the barrage of 'we're a joke club' posts from the misery guts on here. All I can say is that if we'd bought Jack Grealish in the window we'd be playing at The Apple Stadium (with the world's largest stadium naming rights deal in the Universe) tomorrow night.
Na im not that fussed about it really. As long as we are compensated correctly with refunds etc. And also we can’t be a joke club unless you read social media. I don’t even bother reading the comments or watching videos anymore. Years ago it would just be having the tinkle taken out of you down the pub, but now t’s available on your phone but it’s not directed at you. Just don’t read it or if you happen to dont rise to it I say.

Na im not that fussed about it really. As long as we are compensated correctly with refunds etc. And also we can’t be a joke club unless you read social media. I don’t even bother reading the comments or watching videos anymore. Years ago it would just be having the tinkle taken out of you down the pub, but now t’s available on your phone but it’s not directed at you. Just don’t read it or if you happen to dont rise to it I say.
I agree totally. I love this club to the marrow in the bones and don't give a fig about the Artisan Cheese Tunnel Club or the craft beers and bespoke pies potentially on offer. I love the badger on the shirt and the great times I have had watching the team in person, on the telly, on the phone, in a pub.

Well how stupid do I feel now after posting optimistically earlier! Cheers Matilda.

It is disappointing but I guess the club were holding out as long as possible to try to bring it in on time.
It’s still incredible what has been achieved since that last home game at WHL and if we have to wait a while longer to get into our new, top class, state of the art home then whilst disappointing, it is not the end of the world. It would have been better if the club had controlled the communication but key now is how the club handles complaints, credits, refunds etc.

I would assume the NFL would have had some advance warning. Otherwise it’s not an ideal start to our partnership.

Well how stupid do I feel now after posting optimistically earlier! Cheers Matilda.

It is disappointing but I guess the club were holding out as long as possible to try to bring it in on time.
It’s still incredible what has been achieved since that last home game at WHL and if we have to wait a while longer to get into our new, top class, state of the art home then whilst disappointing, it is not the end of the world. It would have been better if the club had controlled the communication but key now is how the club handles complaints, credits, refunds etc.

I would assume the NFL would have had some advance warning. Otherwise it’s not an ideal start to our partnership.
He/she lost a bit of street cred on that one.

So we have Emirates Marketing Project on 27 October.

But there is an NFL game at Wembley that weekend.

Surely we are not allowed a 3rd venue - they have to get the Stadium ready for that weekend.

Wembley doesn't have a retractable pitch so they couldn't switch things up for the following day? Interestingly the club posted "TBC" for the city game, so who knows...

...and although Wembley isn't home, a few more games there is no big deal. 80,000 against pool and in the CL should be jumping.

Back