• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

I agree with the general theme/feelings about Aurier. Just for the sake of balance and fairness, Davies made a very rash dive in on the wrong side of Rondon... missed the ball and Rondon was in with just Super Jan to beat. I'm sure if Aurier had done that people (including me) would have bit.
You having a go at the Welsh now you racist.

Sounds like we aren’t the only ones to have a maddeningly inconsistent full back on our hands...

Check out the first response on that :D

@benmendy23
Replying to @ManCity
I will I promise
1f601.png
1f499.png

10:43 AM - 12 Aug 2018

Having seen Aurier play live i tend to think there is a very good player in there, it seems to me he needs to slow his actions down slightly. By that i mean he tends to try and do things at 100 mph and by doing this is not always in control of things.

Maybe he is so keen to try and impress that he rushes at everything, sometimes a player needs to slow his reaction time down and things will become easier.

Ridiculous. He fudging won us the game today!
Made a block on the line too. He is rash but then so was Walker at times especially early on. Walker matured Aurier just needs to slow down. The team wasn’t at its best on Saturday, we were under the cosh for long periods. I think we should give him the benefit for now.

Made a block on the line too. He is rash but then so was Walker at times especially early on. Walker matured Aurier just needs to slow down. The team wasn’t at its best on Saturday, we were under the cosh for long periods. I think we should give him the benefit for now.

Damn right he should make that block, it was his ridiculous header straight back to Saudi Sportswashing Machine that caused the problem in the first place, not to mention his complete disappearance from a RB defensive role on more than one occasion!!

I think i can be patient with him a little longer, as there is a half decent player in there somewhere. Problem is i think he is a target for opposition who see him as the weakness, so overloading on him does nothing to help the matter as he's hardly "calm in the face of adversity".

I agree with the general theme/feelings about Aurier. Just for the sake of balance and fairness, Davies made a very rash dive in on the wrong side of Rondon... missed the ball and Rondon was in with just Super Jan to beat. I'm sure if Aurier had done that people (including me) would have bit.

You can excuse it now and then. But not three times in one match!

He is a defender first. I care not he assisted the goal. his bad play could and should have cost us two goals. One hit the post and the other Hugo dug him out.

Having seen Aurier play live i tend to think there is a very good player in there, it seems to me he needs to slow his actions down slightly. By that i mean he tends to try and do things at 100 mph and by doing this is not always in control of things.

Maybe he is so keen to try and impress that he rushes at everything, sometimes a player needs to slow his reaction time down and things will become easier.

...and build awareness. Take time to be aware of his position and surroundings, not just dive in. I am surprised Poch hasn't got him focused in the right way. That's the concern: he might have been coached but in the heat of the moment, he's rash.

It is hard for players when they don't get a proper run in the side to be fair. If he did I think he would settle.

What I don't get with him, and with any full-back with pace, is why they don't just keep going when faced with open space at the edge of the box.

It's not like there's any tactical advantage to their usual routine of checking back, standing still for a few seconds and then passing it to the player behind them. You keep possession, sure, but there are players making runs in the box waiting for a ball in.

Walker used to do that a lot too, but then, in 2016/2017, he did it a lot less. Suddenly he was bursting beyond the last man in the box, looking to deliver cut-backs or crosses to the far-post. It's probably a big reason why he was so effective towards the end of his Spurs career - he unlearned that habit of stopping and passing back when faced with open space beyond the full-back covering him.

It's not just Aurier - it's Bellerin, it's Clyne, it's quite a few players from other teams that I've heard the same complaints about.

And Trippier I can forgive, because he hasn't got the pace or physicality to beat his man - plus, he delivers great crosses from deep anyway, so he doesn't need to get beyond the last man to pose a threat.

Aurier has the tools to be better than Walker ever was. He's got the same pace, and the same physicality, but he's also got a brilliant cross on him, which Walker never had - his technique was always his weak point. He's also got the same flaws Walker had (a tendency to switch off and be rash at times) - however, Walker eventually fixed that and I'm sure Aurier will too.

But I do wish he unlearns this habit of checking back, more often than not. You have the pace, and the technical ability - get into the box, and cut it back for Harry or Alli to finish. Simples.

Sorry, just a minor gripe. :p

What I don't get with him, and with any full-back with pace, is why they don't just keep going when faced with open space at the edge of the box.

It's not like there's any tactical advantage to their usual routine of checking back, standing still for a few seconds and then passing it to the player behind them. You keep possession, sure, but there are players making runs in the box waiting for a ball in.

Walker used to do that a lot too, but then, in 2016/2017, he did it a lot less. Suddenly he was bursting beyond the last man in the box, looking to deliver cut-backs or crosses to the far-post. It's probably a big reason why he was so effective towards the end of his Spurs career - he unlearned that habit of stopping and passing back when faced with open space beyond the full-back covering him.

It's not just Aurier - it's Bellerin, it's Clyne, it's quite a few players from other teams that I've heard the same complaints about.

And Trippier I can forgive, because he hasn't got the pace or physicality to beat his man - plus, he delivers great crosses from deep anyway, so he doesn't need to get beyond the last man to pose a threat.

Aurier has the tools to be better than Walker ever was. He's got the same pace, and the same physicality, but he's also got a brilliant cross on him, which Walker never had - his technique was always his weak point. He's also got the same flaws Walker had (a tendency to switch off and be rash at times) - however, Walker eventually fixed that and I'm sure Aurier will too.

But I do wish he unlearns this habit of checking back, more often than not. You have the pace, and the technical ability - get into the box, and cut it back for Harry or Alli to finish. Simples.

Sorry, just a minor gripe. :p
I would not say he is as fast as Walker.

Back