• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Hopefully the stadium stands for a hundred years. Best to get it right even if it means a delay. Most major projects I've worked on overun one way or another, don't see why our stadium should be any different. Doesn't appear like it's for want of trying

Ffs after matildas post i was very confident elsewhere on the internet we'd be in for Liverpool despite the media release and that has now come back to bite me massively on the arse

Criticism has to be allowed occasionally. I'd like to know how much the unrealistic attempt to open has cost the club. By that I mean how much have we wasted in builders overtime and paying premiums to suppliers etc to try avoid a second season at wembley. Did it eat into the player budget this season?
And why did the fudging Sun newspaper get to announce it.

But hey "To Dare is to do"

Criticism has to be allowed occasionally. I'd like to know how much the unrealistic attempt to open has cost the club. By that I mean how much have we wasted in builders overtime and paying premiums to suppliers etc to try avoid a second season at wembley. Did it eat into the player budget this season?
And why did the fudging Sun newspaper get to announce it.

But hey "To Dare is to do"

Prob made up by miss-selling ST!

End October is a shame but isn't too far away

Be gutting if we have to play CL games at Wembley though especially as I doubt we will get in it again next season

Probably/possibly/hopefully tied in to our frugalness in the window

I don’t think they are connected, if they are the club misinformed us regarding funds and transfer budget.

This doesn’t sit well with me, it’s seems the only reason they have announced this today is because they have been rumbled by the mirror, they would have continued the Liverpool line for weeks.

If it wasn’t Spurs and something we would all defend people would be saying its boarderline fraudulent on the ticket sales front.

There is no way this is news today.

Wtf are critical safety systems?

Euphemism for brick aint finished. Stadium has to be safe. Can be unfinished, but unsafe is no good. On the upside, being beaten by pool in the first game was a real possibility that is no more. And we'll enter a stadium that doesn't feel like a semi-finished building site.

What is likely to be the first game now?

I don’t think they are connected, if they are the club misinformed us regarding funds and transfer budget.

This doesn’t sit well with me, it’s seems the only reason they have announced this today is because they have been rumbled by the mirror, they would have continued the Liverpool line for weeks.

If it wasn’t Spurs and something we would all defend people would be saying its boarderline fraudulent on the ticket sales front.

There is no way this is news today.

Personally i fail to see how the club could have handled ST sales any differently - would anyone who had bought one not done so if they new it would be opening in October/November instead of the first game of the season? If yes, why?

We had to sell season tickets when we did as far as i can see

Personally i fail to see how the club could have handled ST sales any differently - would anyone who had bought one not done so if they new it would be opening in October/November instead of the first game of the season? If yes, why?

We had to sell season tickets when we did as far as i can see

That can only be answered by knowing when the club knew it wouldn’t be ready.

I think if there was any doubt they should have adjusted the cost.

Credits are pretty useless - tickets to Cat C games last season went for about £20 so are they going to mark up the Cardiff game.

I had no intention of going to Fulham at home so didn’t look at the costs.

I really do find it hard to believe they didn’t know about this weeks, if not months ago.

Euphemism for brick aint finished. Stadium has to be safe. Can be unfinished, but unsafe is no good. On the upside, being beaten by pool in the first game was a real possibility that is no more. And we'll enter a stadium that doesn't feel like a semi-finished building site.

What is likely to be the first game now?

City 28 October
Chelsea 24 November

Back