• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Just skimming through these posts on my way home but didn't Matilda Collywob say a couple of pages back today that the first game will be Liverpool? Where's all the 2019 coming from?

Has been reported in the media that the club have taken up an option with Wembley to *potentially* play more games there - essentially it's just necessary forward planning for a worst case scenario as the schedule is tight and we don't want to be left homeless in case of a catastrophe - id be more concerned if the club weren't taking up these options

So from a idiots eye.

Pitch looks like its being laid and i dont see a issue with that getting completed
Seating has good progress, and i imagine that you can throw resource at that to complete
Inside certainly lower tier looks in a good state from pictures from the test event
Outside bits may have to be blocked off a bit like last year at the lane but should be ok
Roof seems to just be plodding along with a separate team and id say 4 weeks would be enough

External metal wrap is not going to be finished, but is cosmetic so shouldnt be a issue.

The issue is getting the thing weather tight, and there seems to be vast sections of panelling needing to be installed, that needs a crane and you can't throw resource at.

However id balance that by saying they must know how many panels they can install per day, and that must be possible.

I thought on Sunday that Liverpool game would go to wembley IF we got drawn away in champions league first, which would actually mean first home game may be a champions league game a few days before Swansea.

Ive cut short a holiday to get back for liverpool game, so would be annoyed but we all knew it was a risk

If someone generally believed to be from the club takes the effort to post on here today, on the exact same day that the ‘payments to Wembley story surfaces’, to say Liverpool will be played at the new stadium, then I’d tend to believe that.

I wonder if however we might be thinking of CL group games at Wembley, if we wanted to use that time for finishing the bits that don’t prevent us playing PL games? Although that would make the adverts about being the only place in London to watch CL a bit premature.

Whilst tot.ly selfishly it would suit me if the opening game wasn’t until October, I think Plan A will come to fruition.

The interiors will be fine and done. They will obviously have to wrap large areas of construction outside. I think it comes down two things; the Park Lane and access. As long as those are sorted, everything else will be fine. But no doubt it is so tight that I doubt the call will be made before the last week of August. Next 10 days will be vital (Nostradamus like that!)...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Where did you hear the pitch was being laid in July? First I've heard of that and doesn't really seem to make any sense as they were still working on the nfl pitch in july and the trays weren't anywhere near looking ready for turf

Last couple of weeks a crediible source has mentioned on SSC that it will be laid 19th-21st August

All that has to be ready for use is the pitch, the seats, the roof and the toilets. The concourses and the public squares must be cleared so people can get in and out safely. I'd be very surprised if everything technical that is absolutely necessary (like fire alarms, sprinklers, surveillance, entrance points etc.) isn't up and running already. Bars and restaurants will be opened if ready.

It's all about the safety certificate really. If for some reason Haringey refuses to issue one we need a backup plan and presumably Wembley had a deadline.

Now this is disappointing :(

In the meantime, therefore, our upcoming Premier League matches against Liverpool (15 September) and Cardiff City (6 October) will be switched to Wembley, as will the NFL match scheduled for 14 October.

Back