• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Given the constraints of FFP, what chance do Enic have of realising a significant profit if they sell? Levy is notorious for driving a hard bargain so it could take years to find a buyer willing to be fleeced.

But aside from that, why would Lewis sell anyway? The club is regularly turning a profit these days and chances are that will increase with the new stadium. As to Levy, he's put his whole life into this club, what the hell would he do with himself?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Sooner or later, if you ask me, we will wind up being sold to some yank outfit who will treat the club as a cash cow. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I’d like to think Levy’s final act would be to ensure that any buyer that comes in commits to taking us to the next level. I know it’s a nice dream, and not easy to formalise as ultimately people will just follow the money, but if Lecy truly wants to turn us into a super club and views a new owner as the final piece of the puzzle once he has delivered stadium and training ground, then maybe he will go for it. Maybe we keep him around as honorary president or something. Keep on him the board. I wouldn’t want him running the finances under a new owner as it would be a new skill set required, but it would be good to have him involved as something of a conscience, a representative of the long term aspect. Where we’ve come from. Where we still hope to go.

Hopefully new owners see enough value in being one of the biggest clubs in the world that it is a worthwhile purchase for them. And given the great job ENIC has done in building in value, they should be able to make a tidy profit regardless.

I'm sure, when it comes, it will be a gentle handing on to another British Jewish businessman. But hopefully one more of the Levy ilk, rather than the Scholar or Sugar kind.

Given the constraints of FFP, what chance do Enic have of realising a significant profit if they sell? Levy is notorious for driving a hard bargain so it could take years to find a buyer willing to be fleeced.

But aside from that, why would Lewis sell anyway? The club is regularly turning a profit these days and chances are that will increase with the new stadium. As to Levy, he's put his whole life into this club, what the hell would he do with himself?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Given what they paid for their stake, I'd say a significant profit is virtual certainty. The real question, with the kind of valuations being bandied around today, will be how many times over will they multiply their money.

Given what they paid for their stake, I'd say a significant profit is virtual certainty. The real question, with the kind of valuations being bandied around today, will be how many times over will they multiply their money.
Care to do the sums? The stadium project alone is reckoned to cost approaching £1bn, throw in the squad, a state-of-the-art training ground and various other assets and you're surely talking £1.5bn minimum before you start thinking about a profit, no?

Care to do the sums? The stadium project alone is reckoned to cost approaching £1bn, throw in the squad, a state-of-the-art training ground and various other assets and you're surely talking £1.5bn minimum before you start thinking about a profit, no?

Because they haven’t chucked their own money in and have done it with loans against the club and other clever financial engineering I’d say 1.5bn is nowhere near how much they’ve spent out of their own coffers.

As far as I'm aware none of those things were paid for by Enic, were they? They are club assets & liabilities that would transfer to the acquirers of Enic's shares. They wouldn't therefore feature in Enic's profit calculation.

This.

The challenge will be whether Levy as a self proclaimed custodian of the club would / would be allowed to take a lower profit in the long term interests of the club.

I doubt it, I think he’s a Ferengi though.

As far as I'm aware none of those things were paid for by Enic, were they? They are club assets & liabilities that would transfer to the acquirers of Enic's shares. They wouldn't therefore feature in Enic's profit calculation.
Massive profit on the original outlay yes but the club have invested heavily since so surely my point still stands, sale price also needs to cover their investment since does it not?

Massive profit on the original outlay yes but the club have invested heavily since so surely my point still stands, sale price also needs to cover their investment since does it not?

Yes, but I'm not certain there's been a massive amount of that has there? I think you might be getting the club's investment and Enic's mixed up. What has been Enic's direct investment in the club?

Last edited:
i remember big deal being made about Uncle Joe giving the club 40 mill or so afew years ago under AVB. These people(Leiws, Levy, ENIC) have invested very little of their own money into the club

i remember big deal being made about Uncle Joe giving the club 40 mill or so afew years ago under AVB. These people(Leiws, Levy, ENIC) have invested very little of their own money into the club

That's my understanding too, though to be honest I haven't followed dealings in great detail in recent times. But yes, my recollection was one or two small-ish lump investments over a fairly long period.

Its a bit premature to have that debate, i do not see Levy selling up for a while yet. Why would he, he/they took over a club which was going nowhere, a ground that needed improving and with not many player assets.

We now stand on the brink of major success , the opening of a fantastic ground whose income should help us compete on a financial basis with the really money doped clubs, a state of the art training venue, a side littered with great players and all the signs are that we have great times ahead.

He is a Spurs man through and through and he will want to be here when the trophys star rolling in.

Why should they? As long the legislation on ownership of football clubs is what it is, we're lucky they're not asset stripping us.

Back