• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Club reported to made payment to Wembley to play there now till new year, allegedly. Not looking good for those that tossed to take the fast money off me when I said it would not be ready for the planned games. I am already spending the cash, thanks chaps
Using all common sense and logic, do you really think the stadium looks 4 months away from completion?

Sorry, but are you retarded? Whoever is feeding you this flimflam? And why are you swallowing the bait? I guess that relates to the first question ...

Just wait and see fella, you believe the ground will be finished in time for the original first game date, thats cool. We will soon see

Using all common sense and logic, do you really think the stadium looks 4 months away from completion?

Well I am not a builder or construction expert but its not looking ready for Early September which was my original point a few weeks ago and I stand by that. How long after that well who knows, maybe in the middle somewhere. All in all I don't see it being a smooth transition and the fans are gonna have to swallow some delays which won't go down well.

Just wait and see fella, you believe the ground will be finished in time for the original first game date, thats cool. We will soon see
It's been confirmed. Plenty of times. And since you don't have any sort of evidence or credible source, you should just zip it and keep it to yourself.

Well I am not a builder or construction expert but its not looking ready for Early September which was my original point a few weeks ago and I stand by that. How long after that well who knows, maybe in the middle somewhere. All in all I don't see it being a smooth transition and the fans are gonna have to swallow some delays which won't go down well.

It's looking comfortably ready. They can bolt on cosmetic bits of cladding for months afterwards. But the important stuff is pretty much there. Take the plastic off a few more seats, lay the turf - that's the essentials.

It's looking comfortably ready. They can bolt on cosmetic bits of cladding for months afterwards. But the important stuff is pretty much there. Take the plastic off a few more seats, lay the turf - that's the essentials.

Its not just that I would imagine, its how safe the area is to host events, so the paths leading to the stadium, stair ways etc, those will be parts that have to meet safety.

Additionally I doubt for the sake of a few weeks etc the club want fans to come into the ground on a half baked opening, it will have to be all singing all dancing opening.

In all seriousness hopefully you are spot on

Never trust a red-top hack when they report something as a shock revelation but there's no dated attribution. They work on the basis that if something hasn't been reported before, and someone might click on a speculative story, it's breaking news.

Still makes no sense why no ticket infor for the test events

Thats one of my worries talk that a crane is havign to go back up in the stadium because of some overlooked work. Overtime is now beign turned down in scores apparently so we are not looking likely to hit many of our date targets

There's nothing new there. Option paid for, intention - as per Collywobbles - to be open for football, however bad it looks cosmetically, mid Sept.

Slow news day.

Yep, read it as insurance. Personally I think we should play reserve matches at Wembley, get the youngsters used to it as they will be playing at plenty of cup finals there over the coming years.

IF and that’s a big IF still the stadium won’t be ready for the Liverpool game the club do have some questions to answer.

I think there will be some very annoyed people who paid new stadium ticket prices.

Last edited:
IF and that’s a big IF still the stadium won’t be ready for the Liverpool game the club do have so questions to answer.

I think there will be some very annoyed people who paid new stadium ticket prices.

Then those people will need a reality check won't they?

What are the club to do - wait until all test events have taken place and then start selling season tickets a couple of weeks before the first game?

Then those people will need a reality check won't they?

What are the club to do - wait until all test events have taken place and then start selling season tickets a couple of weeks before the first game?

Not all issues fall at the feet of the fans though. I have paid top whack for a season ticket based on being at the new stadium and improvements in the facilities, if we don't have that its not our fault is it?

Back